Genre: Dark Fantasy, Action, Shounen
    Author: Fujimoto Tatsuki
    Serialization: Weekly Shounen Jump
    Publisher: Shueisha

Chapter 1

Default Re: Chainsaw-man

Okay, that was actually badass.

Great art. I doubt normal jump readers would appreciate it though....
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

I certainly didn't needed to hear he sold one of his testicles.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

I've only read the first 3 colour pages and I'm already into it. I hope it lives up to this beginning

I'm reading this right now and loving it. Great and easy to follow art and a neat concept. I hope it survives!

Really like this series, I’m glad it didn’t start with a big exposition dump about this being a world of devils and it just jumped right into the word and naturally let us pick up context about he word. Crossing fingers for survival

Chapter 10 out on Shueisha's Manga Plus: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1001258

I can't stop going back and forth between two certain pages. That was cool as shit.

Please, let the boy grope some tits already.

Dude is already with one ball missing.

Don't worry, he got his eye back when he fused with the dog, so I'm sure everything else is in place as well.

The art is good, the theme is fine, the setting is cool, but the main character just sucks and his motivations keep getting set up for a bit of deepening without ever really satisfying that goal. What's up, author? Give us some substance. "me wan tits xD" is a pretty childish motivation, and it doesn't gel with the more 'adult' vibe from the rest of the comic's attributes.

Denji is searching for a goal or a dream. He currently doesnt have any.Hes rarely socialize.. so he doesnt have a person really attached to him, as of currently, except makima. The writer doesnt want to hurry up things, so lets just see where this would take us.Promising in all areas, but 10 chapter too early to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by fdsfgfs View Post
    The art is good, the theme is fine, the setting is cool, but the main character just sucks and his motivations keep getting set up for a bit of deepening without ever really satisfying that goal. What's up, author? Give us some substance. "me wan tits xD" is a pretty childish motivation, and it doesn't gel with the more 'adult' vibe from the rest of the comic's attributes.
    I enjoy this as critique of "dreams". In the end any dream is just an empty wish, if you have no plan to achieving it. What matters is actually doing things necessary to reach results, not how grand something sounds in your head.

The "lol tits" is a shallow reading of what he trully longs, love. Even when he comes up with it, I think he wanted to ask her something more commited, but dialed it into "tits" to start.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I'm the type who seldom flushes turds!

Read all chapters today. What I don't understand is; they hired the girl who was, until Denji happened, actively sacrificing humans?
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    Read all chapters today. What I don't understand is; they hired the girl who was, until Denji happened, actively sacrificing humans?
    It has to be recent enough so there might not have been any sacrifices made yet, otherwise the cat would've already starved to death at this point. Also there is no mention of someone getting sacrificed before.

Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    I enjoy this as critique of "dreams". In the end any dream is just an empty wish, if you have no plan to achieving it. What matters is actually doing things necessary to reach results, not how grand something sounds in your head.
    I feel that way too, but wrapping it in the tits thing feels really ham-fisted. Just detracts from the rest of the manga imho. Right now any nuance to the situation is purely what we bring to the table, nothing in the manga itself, so I'm resisting the urge.

"The mangaka better do a Togata-like character if he wants this manga to survive"

[I'm the type who seldom flushes turds!]

"Glorious!"

And Volume 1 cover:

I enjoyed that chapter, but I imagine the response around the forum will be divisive.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information