+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat 11

Default Mortal Kombat 11

IT HAS BEGUN!

I'm so excited! Oh my god! No one is going to see me for the first six months of 2019! I will not exist! I will be a phantom!

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Default Re: Mortal Kombat 11

So, we have two different Scorpions, the first looking more modern and the second one retro, some strange bald woman inspecting an hourglass, and it looks like Shao Khan escaped from Ermac's body.

I think we're dealing with crossing timelines. Meaning the pre-reboot timeline and the current timeline crossing over.

1. Previous timeline, Scorpion never turned human and was almost always a fire skull demon thing. Current timeline, Scorpion is human.
    2. The woman at the end being some kind of 'time' deity. Interesting.

I fear this game may be a 'Street Fighter V' type where we aren't going to get many starting characters, but will get a ton of DLC.

April. That's fast.

Looks good, but currently my stand with MK is "D'vorah or no deal"

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    April. That's fast.

Looks good, but currently my stand with MK is "D'vorah or no deal"
    That's an interesting choice given the still festering butthurt of her executing Mileena.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Cover Art for the game featuring you won't believe who

Spoiler:

Also we're apparently a community reveal event on the 17th that'll show off some new characters and some gameplay

I sure hope though the roster features less of the 9 and X roster while including some of the cast from the Armaggedon trilogy.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    while including some of the cast from the Armaggedon trilogy.
    Err…....no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Err…....no thanks.
    Hey it's not I'm asking for Hsu Hao or Taven

Those who have not been watching:

Confirmed characters so far:
    -Raiden
    -Scorpion
    -Sub-Zero
    -Baraka
    -Skarlet
    -Sonya (now voiced by Ronda Rousey... bleh...)
    -Liu Kang
    -Kung Lao
    -Geras (new character, male, seems to manipulate sand and time)

Boss Character:
    -Kronika (magic time goddess who is apparently super evil and has been manipulating everything)

Heavily hinted characters:
    -Kabal (discussions of next character reveal happening January 30th, which was met with the stage's screen being shook by someone running across the screen extremely fast)
    -Kitana (behind the scenes video not only shows her in a cutscene, but Sonya has in-combat intro dialogue calling her "The Empress of the Dead")

Story:
    With Shinnok failing in MKX and the forces of good winning, Kronika has decided to take control by trying to rewind time to retry everything again. Somethings seems to go wrong, however, as we see that characters from the present are meeting their past selves. Human Scorpion is being confronted by his past demon self. The Revenants are being confronted by their mortal selves. And Dark Raiden may be questioned by his former self. More to be established, of course.

Character Select (click here for image):
    -Current character select only has Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Sonya, Skarlet, Baraka, Raiden, and Geras. Geras seems to be out of rhythm with the pattern, but that may be to include Shao Kahn later.
    -Character select has 18 slots empty. With Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Kabal, and Kitana practically confirmed (Kronika may or may not be an unplayable final boss), we have 14 empty character slots remaining.
    -Take note that we still have fan favorites such as Reptile, Ermac, Johnny Cage, and Mileena in unconfirmed limbo. As well as MKX newcomers up in the air.
    -The character select provides enough empty space for 16 (17 if you count the spot near Geras) extra spots. This is most likely DLC.
    -Other than Scorp and Subby sitting next to each other, the roster has no real pattern yet.

Kombat notes:
    -You now have two meters: One for offense (EX moves) and one for defense (breakers).
    -X-Rays are now gone. Instead, when your health reaches the 30% margin, you have a chance to perform a 'Fatal Move'. It works like an X-Ray but without the X-Ray. Basically, it's a gore-tastic super move that you can use for comeback potential.
    -Baraka can now break the blade of his arm OFF and then regrow a new one. Freaky.
    -Baraka also seems to use a new Tarkatan flag as a weapon, exclusively to his character. No confirmation on whether the flag provides buffs when standing near it, but the flag can be used to stab your enemy.
    -Skarlet is a lot more creative with her blood.
    -Most returning characters work similarly, though may have different normals.
    -Geras seems to be a grappler who can freeze you in time. Even worse, when frozen in time, getting hit doesn't unfreeze you. Geras can land whatever hits he wants within the time you are frozen, and the hits will land when time unfreezes.

Character kustomization:
    Characters are somewhat customizable. Not in a Soul Calibur 6 sense, but more of an Injustice 2 sense, but better. They need to go more into detail on how it's used.

More info coming!

So, did that "Raiden invades Outworld and Kotal invokes Mortal Kombat to stop him" sub-plot get tossed out then?

We know nothing of Outworld so far. No mention of Kotal and the gang. Just that somehow, Baraka is alive. Possibly due to time travel shenanigans or what-not. This MK we are dealing with.

However, it is in the realm of possibility that Raiden will want to invade Outworld, as Raiden's current belief as Dark Raiden is that "If there is a possibility of a chance that something could threaten Earthrealm, that threat needs to be eliminated without prejudice". This is emphasized in the Story Mode's prologue, which was shown to the audience, where Dark Raiden (who has Shinnok's amulet) is torturing Shinnok and forces him into a state where he will never harm anyone again (decapitates him, but keeps him alive within his decapitated head).

I wouldn't be surprised if Raiden wants to invade Outworld, but considering the direction the plot is going (morally good character questioning their morally dark futures), I doubt the invasion will go in the direction of a Mortal Kombat tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    So, did that "Raiden invades Outworld and Kotal invokes Mortal Kombat to stop him" sub-plot get tossed out then?
    Was that a sub-plot or just apart of Kotal's Ending?

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    This is emphasized in the Story Mode's prologue, which was shown to the audience, where Dark Raiden (who has Shinnok's amulet) is torturing Shinnok and forces him into a state where he will never harm anyone again (decapitates him, but keeps him alive within his decapitated head).
    Wow, that certainly will not come back to bite him in the ass.

Does this means Raiden still keeps making dumb mistakes even when he is evil?

Hidden:

- Baraka
    Oh, shit... I'm back to be owned by my friend who mained Baraka at MK9 but never quite figured out how to deal with MKX, right? Ok.

Game is looking good, I guess. Visually a bit too similar to MKX, but the new mechanics are definitely going to make for a totally different gameplay. Still, I am not the really competitive hardcore player, so like every casual I'm in for the roster and so far nothing is calling me back. Baraka and Skarlet give me hope of Jade coming back, though, that would be big plus for me.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post

It's not like he could kill Shinok to being with.

The scene mentioned, btw:

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post

I don't think Shinnok is going to be much of a problem. His decapitated head is in the hands of Dark Emperor Liu Kang and Dark Empress Kitana. THEY might be problems, however. Not because of the head, though.

However, being how Evil Raiden was in MK:Deception, not only will he make more mistake... His mistakes will be even bigger. Like potentially, "What? Johnny Cage isn't liking my methods? Time to kill Johnny Cage!" kind of bad.

I have to say: The face of absolute delight that Skarlet has as she slices her enemy open makes me want to play her.

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    I don't think Shinnok is going to be much of a problem. His decapitated head is in the hands of Dark Emperor Liu Kang and Dark Empress Kitana. THEY might be problems, however. Not because of the head, though.

However, being how Evil Raiden was in MK:Deception, not only will he make more mistake... His mistakes will be even bigger. Like potentially, "What? Johnny Cage isn't liking my methods? Time to kill Johnny Cage!" kind of bad.
    He already had Cassie kill Shujinko (which may or may not be canon) killing her father would be rather awkward.

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

I am a bit a loss here, it has been a while since I last played MKX, but...Kitana is an undead now? waaaaat

I really liked that they kept the 3 styles per character; can't wait to see who else is coming.
    Last edited by puffing.cinema; January 18th, 2019 at 03:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information