+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Volume 92 Predictions/Discussion

Default Re: Volume 92 Predictions/Discussion

Yeah, didn't like the cover.
    Which almost never happens.
    The color sceme felt weird, even Kaidou's.

Quote Originally Posted by Chams View Post
    Yeah, didn't like the cover.
    Which almost never happens.
    The color sceme felt weird, even Kaidou's.
    At least it's the unfinished version.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Need to see finished piece, but I gotta say I already like it. That he put the troll faces on it is hilarious. xD
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Full cover!! Tittle is "Introducing Komurasaki the Oiran".

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

Volume Title: The Oiran Komurasaki Appears

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Iiiiiii'm not really sure if I like dragon Kaido's color scheme. Wasn't expecting a particularly color, but I'm not a fan of that shade of blue. Maybe the anime will help me grow to like it.

And definitely wasn't expecting that title. Guess Komurasaki is gonna be pretty important this arc.

Spoiler:

The light and shadow made the colors look better... but I still preferred them with purple and black hair. Although this one helps setting Komurasaki apart from her lookalikes.

Anyways, what I like the most about this is thinking until this moment Oda didn't knew what color Komurasaki hair would be. Even though he planned her for a long time (he mentioned another Hancock/Shirahoshi beauty would be introduced in Wano), actually had introduced her already and drew some of her scenes, up until the moment of coloring her on the cover he still didn't had her hair pinned down. That's really interesting as a hint of his creative process.

Damn that is a sweet cover. Very full on, but very nice none the less. Interesting to see that those long white clouds characters were appearing in and out of on volume 91 are back again. Wonder if that's just going to be an ongoing visual motif for the Wano covers. Oda's really giving it all to make a visual identity for the place, even in these metatextual areas.

Now, as for that blue Kaido. A few thoughts. Firstly, he's kind of the inverse of Momo's pink dragon now, which is meaningful in the obvious way, though it does raise the question of where Orochi, whose scales are inked the same way, lies on the colour spectrum. Secondly, here's some light reading to get your speculation engines revving. Third, check out this sick foreshadowing: And as a final note, his tattoo's red colour does seem to have remained, but only for the arm it was originally on.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Also I guess Franky changed clothes between this cover and the last one, because his kimono was blue before.

Oh, and here's the big signature compilation, updated again.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Kaido looks A LOT less aggressive than he should with that blue :/
    Green-blue is very unique of a color on hair, can't recall anyone else having it??

So Komurasaki is getting a lot of love and will be getting it this arc, hmm. She does have a chapter title that's part of a special group of intro chapters.

"Enter Zoro: Pirate Hunter" (「海賊狩りロロノア・ゾロ」登場 "'Kaizoku-Gari Roronoa Zoro' Tōjō"
    "Nami" (ナミ登場 "Nami Tōjō"
    "The Dread Captain Usopp" (キャプテン・ウソップ登場 "Kyaputen Usoppu Tōjō"
    "Sanji" (サンジ登場 "Sanji Tōjō"
    "Enter Tony Tony Chopper" (トニートニー・チョッパー登場 "Tonītonī Choppā Tōjō"
    "Ace Arrives" (エース登場 "Ēsu Tōjō"
    "Introducing the Revolutionary Army Captains" (革命軍全軍隊長登場 "Kakumeigun Zengun Taichō Tōjō")
    "Introducing Komurasaki the Oiran" (花魁小紫登場 "Oiran Komurasaki Tōjō"

Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Quote Originally Posted by ArmamentHero View Post
    So Komurasaki is getting a lot of love and will be getting it this arc, hmm. She does have a chapter title that's part of a special group of intro chapters.

"Enter Zoro: Pirate Hunter" (「海賊狩りロロノア・ゾロ」登場 "'Kaizoku-Gari Roronoa Zoro' Tōjō"
    "Nami" (ナミ登場 "Nami Tōjō"
    "The Dread Captain Usopp" (キャプテン・ウソップ登場 "Kyaputen Usoppu Tōjō"
    "Sanji" (サンジ登場 "Sanji Tōjō"
    "Enter Tony Tony Chopper" (トニートニー・チョッパー登場 "Tonītonī Choppā Tōjō"
    "Ace Arrives" (エース登場 "Ēsu Tōjō"
    "Introducing the Revolutionary Army Captains" (革命軍全軍隊長登場 "Kakumeigun Zengun Taichō Tōjō")
    "Introducing Komurasaki the Oiran" (花魁小紫登場 "Oiran Komurasaki Tōjō"

I was thinking she could become the next nakama.
    But the fact that her hair is almost the same colour as Franky's kind of debunked that theory for me. And also the fact that her hair colour didn't seem to be planed ahead, if the animation posted on instagram is any indication of the process. I think that a new nakama would have their design thought well ahead of time (also to make her different from Robin)

Quote Originally Posted by Chams View Post
    I was thinking she could become the next nakama.
    But the fact that her hair is almost the same colour as Franky's kind of debunked that theory for me. And also the fact that her hair colour didn't seem to be planed ahead, if the animation posted on instagram is any indication of the process. I think that a new nakama would have their design thought well ahead of time (also to make her different from Robin)
    The hair isn't that big of a deal to be honest especially since hers would be different among the girls. As for the whole "looks like Robin" bid, I do think they're distinguishable even without considering the hair. Oda's been planning Wano forever ago, so her character definitely would've been in the formula.

On the bright side, these colors keep Wano from having generic Japanland colors, where everyone usually has dark/black hair. I still don't think it meshes well with their designs though. Maybe if they were darker shades not popping out like Halloween hair dye.
    Last.fm | Tumblr | MAL | Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !
     A  TURTLE  MADE  IT  TO  THE  WATER 

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Damn that is a sweet cover. Very full on, but very nice none the less. Interesting to see that those long white clouds characters were appearing in and out of on volume 91 are back again. Wonder if that's just going to be an ongoing visual motif for the Wano covers. Oda's really giving it all to make a visual identity for the place, even in these metatextual areas.

Now, as for that blue Kaido. A few thoughts. Firstly, he's kind of the inverse of Momo's pink dragon now, which is meaningful in the obvious way, though it does raise the question of where Orochi, whose scales are inked the same way, lies on the colour spectrum. Secondly, here's some light reading to get your speculation engines revving. Third, check out this sick foreshadowing: https://paradoxy11.files.wordpress.c...0038.jpg?w=660 And as a final note, his tattoo's red colour does seem to have remained, but only for the arm it was originally on.

Also I guess Franky changed clothes between this cover and the last one, because his kimono was blue before.

Oh, and here's the big signature compilation, updated again.
    https://i.redd.it/aowikk5xkah21.jpg
    I'm thinking oro hi might be yellow because of his cowardice or whatever the Japanese version of that color is
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

cover is too busy

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    cover is too busy
    Hasn't this been a thing for a long time now?
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Ok so why is Oda doing the dark coloring like black hair for Toko and Komurasaki?

Toko has pink hair like Reiju and still it is completely dark colored in the manga

Probably didn't come up with a color, or its hot pink :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Monkey D. View Post
    Probably didn't come up with a color, or its hot pink :P
    Dunno somehow strange... Don't see the point in the dark coloring in the chapter if both are clearly bright colors

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Dunno somehow strange... Don't see the point in the dark coloring in the chapter if both are clearly bright colors
    Oda's been choosing the blacks and whites for the comic with no regard for his official colour schemes for clothing for years. It shouldn't be suprising it extends to hair as well now. The inked in/not inked in areas will always have character design and readable silhouettes prioritised over accurately depicting colour.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information