+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 929: Shogun of Wano, Kurozumi Orochi

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Default Re: Chapter 929: Shogun of Wano, Kurozumi Orochi

Hmm, I didn‘t have those lines when I read it, but then again I used the app, so maybe it‘s only a browser version problem.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Yeah, it's a browser thing. Not sure why they designed it that way rather than having the bars fade out to give us a truer full screen

My reaction to the reading the chapter

The podcast me and my friend are starting up on this episode

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/khaotixz/will...-2-chapter-929
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by BellisarioFaith View Post
    With this new change in policy, and the fact that the VIZ chapters can now be read online for free without a subscription (at least in some regions; I'm not sure whether or not it's available everywhere), I want to hear what you guys think: for those who've been reading my chapter comparisons for the past few years, do you think those are still necessary/do you still want them? I'm happy to keep doing them if y'allz think they'll still be helpful and will enjoy reading them, but if you think that being able to now read the VIZ versions directly yourselves renders the comparisons moot, then it may be redundant for me to bother with it, haha.
    I still enjoy it, it's really cool to see them all next to each other to compare easier, plus not everyone has access to viz, I enjoy seeing it each week

I really like that Drake's fruit is an Allosaurus model. A T-Rex would've had 2 claws on its hands rather than the 3 that Drake had.
    Shows that even if Oda intended for him to be a T-Rex before, he's learned or remembered that particular dino fun fact.
    Or he planned for Drake to be an Allosaurus from the start, which would be even cooler.
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    lol this signiture

Sixteen

That front page. Geezus, what's wrong with Nami and Robin's legs? It's like Rob Liefeld drew them.

(Obviously Oda started drawing them at the top o the page and wanted them to go all the way down but misproportioned... but yeeeesh.)
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    That front page. Geezus, what's wrong with Nami and Robin's legs? It's like Rob Liefeld drew them.

(Obviously Oda started drawing them at the top o the page and wanted them to go all the way down but misproportioned... but yeeeesh.)
    Most people are guessing oda didnt want to draw the feet
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Tobi Roppo? What's with Viz and the gratuitous Japanese this arc?
    They're literally in One Piece world's Japan. This is about the only time gratuitous Japanese is acceptable, because it actually fits the setting for a change.

With this new change in policy, and the fact that the VIZ chapters can now be read online for free without a subscription (at least in some regions; I'm not sure whether or not it's available everywhere), I want to hear what you guys think: for those who've been reading my chapter comparisons for the past few years, do you think those are still necessary/do you still want them? I'm happy to keep doing them if y'allz think they'll still be helpful and will enjoy reading them, but if you think that being able to now read the VIZ versions directly yourselves renders the comparisons moot, then it may be redundant for me to bother with it, haha.
    A lot of us can't still access VIZ...
    If it not is too much of a burden, I would be glad if you kept doing the comparisons!

I've really enjoyed reading them and I think I still would. It's one thing to be able to read every version easily, it's another to have the relevant lines put side by side. Plus, vitriol in other threads about Viz's new system/the new spoiler policy shows there are plenty of people region locked out Viz.

Quote Originally Posted by Logia View Post
    Why are there lines and how do we get rid of them?
    Press control-0 to reset the zoom on your browser (or try control +/- to adjust the zoom). They appear because each of the images is composed of all those little squares as an anti-piracy measure against scraping. If you want to zoom, use the clickable +/- buttons instead.

Link won't open or rather scans won't show...

Content not available in your location. This is a joke...
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

If drake has allosaur them maybe the T rex is for queen. Each calamity has two strongest 6 healiners under them, queen has spinosaurus and allosaur and he is t rex? Jack is mammoth so he has 2 furries, maybe sabertooth tiger, king maybe is griffon and has some flight based zoans under him?

I read them every time (thank you for the work while I'm at it) but VIZ isn't available in my country, so I'd enjoy them if you still have the will to make them

Quote Originally Posted by blue-san View Post
    Link won't open or rather scans won't show...

Content not available in your location. This is a joke...
    You peasants may use the servants entrance links in the spoilers thread.

Here is where i would insert the America fuck yeah song

Quote Originally Posted by Darkestsith6 View Post
    On a side note, Viz does not translate "Tobi Roppo". I assume it translate to "flying fighters"? Is it standard for them not to have some type of editor's/translator's note for words like this?
    Tobi Roppo is a term from Kabuki theater meaning:

https://www.japanpitt.pitt.edu/glossary/roppo

Roppo

("movement in six directions"). A stylized mode of walking in kabuki theater. The walk characterizes strong, noble, or heroic characters and consists of exaggerated movements and a swaggering gate. In histories of kabuki, it is said that this movement is an exaggeration of the strutting (tanzen roppo) that young men would do in the pleasure quarters. There are several types of roppo, the most dramatic of which is tobi roppo, or the "flying walk." In tobi roppo, the actor springs and leaps across the stage while vigorously moving his arms and legs in all directions. (from Kabuki Glossary, ©1996, Richard Hooker)

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Most people are guessing oda didnt want to draw the feet
    I can only thank him for it. ^^;
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

So, I just switched smartphones and logged into Google Play and it automatically recommended me to install the apps I had on my previous phone, including the latest version of the Shonen Jump app. No VPN, no apk shady file, nothing needed. Great. This new version is pretty damn great. I'm glad.

Regarding the chapter, not a very eventful one, but the point was to introduce Orochi and it did so with a bang. Although his design is really. really. really. underwhelming. It is probably one of the worst designs of an important character ever in OP. Although depending on how we're supposed to perceive him, it might just work out in the future. Is he actually strong on his own? His treatment of CP0 seems to indicate so. Although the fact that he resorted to a gun and threw the line "I have Kaido backing me up" goes in the opposite direction. His stupid belief in the "ghosts of the 9 scabbards" or whatever is also indicative of the fact that the guy is a moron, overall.

I'm also interested in the Kyoshiro yakuza guy. His gang keeps getting mentioned and involved with the Straw Hats but the boss himself keeps hanging around Orochi and not doing much. Can't wait to see what he's got in store, I wonder if his power can be a threat.

Good to see X back. Especially in his hybrid form. I've missed seeing Oda's hybrid Zoan designs! Overall nice chapter, it really shows we're in for a long ride in Wano, since we're still introducing important characters at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Tobi Roppo? What's with Viz and the gratuitous Japanese this arc?
    it's a specific term coming from kabuki plays

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information