+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 929: Shogun of Wano, Kurozumi Orochi

Default Re: Chapter 929: Shogun of Wano, Kurozumi Orochi

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    Scanlation comes out, discuss it freely in the spoiler thread. Viz chapter comes out discussion moves to official chapter thread. WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT THAT TO UNDERSTAND?
    There would be no questions if the link to Viz chapter was not made. That's also a simple solution to avoid people feeling rejected

Quote Originally Posted by John.Rambo View Post
    Well “content not available in your country”. Ten years coming to the forum to read One Piece. Fun times.
    How do you guys solved this issue?

The French solution is always elegant

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Do people not realise that they can talk about the chapter here if they only read scans? Scanlations aren't fully confined to the spoiler board, they're only restricted until the official release is out. It's not a matter of excluding people who can't read the official release, it's about giving those who can the opportunity to do so without being spoiled. No one's gonna interrogate you over if you really read Viz's version before you post in the main thread here...

(as I understand the new rules anyway)
    Classic case of the haves rebuking the have nots for voicing their displeasure about their lot in life.

One Piece Staff Instagram account posted how Oda created this week Color Spread in his iPad Pro!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsaeGmaB...on_share_sheet

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    That power will never appear in the story again.

Its waay to overpowered and it could end all conflicts instantly.

Oh Kaidou giving you trouble, just switch his soul with a snail and boom, problem solved.
    It's hard to gauge the limit of who is vulnerable to it. Smoker, a Vice-Admiral rank Marine, was easily overcome by it, as well as someone of Sanji's tier. While it's safe to say Law easily overcame even Vergo's massive Haki defense, it's not clear whether the body-swapping would also work as easily on someone of Vergo's level, and Vergo easily trumped Sanji. So there's no real way to tell who would be vulnerable to Law's tricky ability, but we know it goes pretty damn high. My guess would be anyone as powerful as, say, Zoro wouldn't be affected by it if they resisted it. But at this point it would likely be used only for comedic effect anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    It's hard to gauge the limit of who is vulnerable to it. Smoker, a Vice-Admiral rank Marine, was easily overcome by it, as well as someone of Sanji's tier. While it's safe to say Law easily overcame even Vergo's massive Haki defense, it's not clear whether the body-swapping would also work as easily on someone of Vergo's level, and Vergo easily trumped Sanji. So there's no real way to tell who would be vulnerable to Law's tricky ability, but we know it goes pretty damn high. My guess would be anyone as powerful as, say, Zoro wouldn't be affected by it if they resisted it. But at this point it would likely be used only for comedic effect anyway.
    Like you said it was primarily used for Comedy and if I remember correctly, never affected the outcome of the story in any way.

There's a reason it was never used in Dressrosa.

Law could have easily dismantled the entire Doflamingo family on his own. Without actually swapping the Members but using it to infiltrate the family.

Its just waay to overpowered.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Some people just like their things in one place.
    Just think about scantalations as extended spoilers with inaccurate translations. The discussion stays there until the official Viz drop, which still trigger the official thread.

In a normal week, it'll just be Thursday spoilers, Fri scans, and Sunday official viz release. So spoiler thread from Thursday to Sunday instead of Thursday to Friday

Quote Originally Posted by BellisarioFaith View Post
    Thanks for your replies, guys. [ ... ]
    16 chars of thank you!

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    There would be no questions if the link to Viz chapter was not made. That's also a simple solution to avoid people feeling rejected
    Feeling rejected coming to the conclusion that if the viz chapter is out, that means scanlations are also already out and they can easily check the usual jaimini and mangastream scansites etc., where they have been reading chapters for weeks, months or years?

Quote Originally Posted by redon View Post
    One Piece Staff Instagram account posted how Oda created this week Color Spread in his iPad Pro!!!
    Oh wow, I didn‘t realize it was fully digital. Thought he colored it traditionally like always.

Look at him utilizing digital art to ease the drawing process, nice. Also cool that it‘s an ipad pro, maybe he is chilling in a comfy chair with it instead of hunching over his desk.
    Last edited by MajinArekkusu; January 9th, 2019 at 09:19 AM.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Oh wow, I didn‘t realize it was fully digital. Thought he colored it traditionally like always.

Look at him utilizing digital art to ease the drawing process, nice. Also cool that it‘s an ipad pro, maybe he is chilling in a comfy chair with it instead of hunching over his desk.
    I think Oda colored it with Copic as always. We've seen a B/W version of the Color Spread in Oda's desk in Honmadekka! TV program today.

Feeling rejected coming to the conclusion that if the viz chapter is out, that means scanlations are also already out and they can easily check the usual jaimini and mangastream scansites etc., where they have been reading chapters for weeks, months or years?
    Your argument is invalid given the number of "content not available in your country” posts

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2cmrQ_7Js...Les%2BMis1.gif

The French solution is always elegant
    Your out of date, yellow is the colour in fashion

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

There's no need to be short tempered regarding the chapter. Yes, it would be great if people read the announcement at the top of the section, which would hopefully get them to where they need to go, but I know from experience that people don't tend to be able to navigate well on sites they don't frequent.

Perhaps this issue is exacerbated by the timing of the scans compared to the chapter, but what's going on now doesn't really make me confident that this current system is sustainable.

Spoiler:

Your out of date, yellow is the colour in fashion
    Yeah but i appreciate the low hanging fruit.

Like making it a yellow vest references needs way more set up.

And that kind of set up is the antithesis of good shit posting

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    Like you said it was primarily used for Comedy and if I remember correctly, never affected the outcome of the story in any way.

There's a reason it was never used in Dressrosa.

Law could have easily dismantled the entire Doflamingo family on his own. Without actually swapping the Members but using it to infiltrate the family.

Its just waay to overpowered.
    Well there's a limit to his energy expenditure, he's stated this before, though again, it's vague as to what the max capacity he has for it and how much any specific action costs, or how proportional the cost will be for using simultaneous effects. Law's got a ton of tattoos, so it would be cool if there was some kind of tally mark system of tattoos on his arm or something to indicate these kinds of things. Otherwise it gets into Dragonball Z territory where everyone's always got some kind of reserve energy they pull out of their ass. In any case, if he was saving his A game for Doflamingo (with that Gamma Knife move) then it stands to reason he wouldn't have wasted any taking on the DD family and waiting to attack the man himself (for all the good it did). Is it a good excuse? Not really, but Law's is indeed overpowered, and Oda could mitigate this a little by giving us some idea of its limits and whatnot, but he's not doing it. Luckily it's hardly being used in Wano either, though he doesn't really have a good reason why not, especially now that Hawkins is well aware of Law's presence and keeping it on the down-low isn't really an option. I suppose it is a good idea to save it for emergencies but if he could use it to PREVENT emergencies from happening, that would probably be a better use of it. Maybe he just figured out he can't control any of the Straw Hats and they're going to cause trouble no matter what, and has accepted that. I really hope that in the end, when Luffy's stupidity somehow solves all their problems, Law just starts laughing his head off finally.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Your argument is invalid given the number of "content not available in your country” posts
    So, people too stupid to check regular scan sites themselves, instead of relying on links here?
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

So, people too stupid to check regular scan sites themselves, instead of relying on links here?
    I see the french theme continues with a let them eat cake moment

And maybe you should learn what respect is.
    Everyone has is own habits and the fact that nobody reads the regulation is common knowledge.. If anything the real culprits are those who post the links at the begining of the threads.

Quote Originally Posted by redon View Post

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsaeGmaB...on_share_sheet

https://images2.imgbox.com/ee/67/Rm71kuv9_o.jpg
    https://images2.imgbox.com/23/4c/2fuCwtYl_o.jpg
    Wowww, I guess control Z feature must be handy. I always assumed he hand drew everything lol
    One Piece ,\/,,

when is the 930 spoiler coming normally?

I am sorry I am not much of a complainer but this new " lets always wait for viz to release the chapter thing" was okay until I realized that opening the link on first page it says I cant see because the content is not available in my location, I am brazilian. That just sounds a discrimination to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BingBang View Post
    when is the 930 spoiler coming normally?
    Somewhere around next Thursday.

Hidden:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information