+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 929: Shogun of Wano, Kurozumi Orochi

Default Chapter 929: Shogun of Wano, Kurozumi Orochi

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Default Re: Chapter 929: Shogun of Wano, Kurozumi Orochi

And i think we'll have a candidate for shortest chapter thread in AP history.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    And i think we'll have a candidate for shortest chapter thread in AP history.
    Yeah, I know. I was weak enough to read the spoilers, but I still managed to avoid the scanslations and discussion this time.

Anyway, lots of tiny information, but none of it was particularly standout aside from Orochi's introduction. Although I thought Yasu and Franky were pretty funny.

I'm surprised Hawkins isn't one of the Tobi Roppo. I'd assumed all of the Worst Gen would be the strongest members of Kaidou's crew besides the All-Stars/Calamities.
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Tobi Roppo? What's with Viz and the gratuitous Japanese this arc?

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    I'm surprised Hawkins isn't one of the Tobi Roppo. I'd assumed all of the Worst Gen would be the strongest members of Kaidou's crew besides the All-Stars/Calamities.
    That filthy Paramecia?

It's Zoan or gtfo in the Beast Pirates! Kaido knows what's good.

Soon.

Hidden:

Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    What did the scans call them? *Checks Jaimini* "Flying Six" huh?

Tobi is a good boy.

Hidden:

One thing that this translation does clear up, is that the battleship for Orochi was the payment CP0 made just to see him this one time. They won't be seeing him again without a fight unless they bring Vegapunk.

Spoiler:

One thing that this translation does clear up, is that the battleship for Orochi was the payment CP0 made just to see him this one time. They won't be seeing him again without a fight unless they bring Vegapunk.
    So they haven't actually bought anything from him yet huh.

The trickle down crumbs we Euro peasants get are ever so juicy.

I like it, because it'd be a little underwhelming if half of the Flying Fighters were composed of Supernova that could betray Kaido at any given moment. And the more strong opponents we have, the better.

That said, it may not necessarily be a statement on Hawkins' strength. He and Apoo joined very recently as opposed to Drake after all, so that could partially be the reason why they're not a part of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    I like it, because it'd be a little underwhelming if half of the Flying Fighters were composed of Supernova that could betray Kaido at any given moment. And the more strong opponents we have, the better.

That said, it may not necessarily be a statement on Hawkins' strength. He and Apoo joined very recently as opposed to Drake after all, so that could partially be the reason why they're not a part of the group.
    Oh, I wasn't complaining. I was just surprised. That part about him and Apoo joined recently is a good point too.

Oda just revealed Fifth Gear.
    Spoiler:

I don't know why we didn't see it coming before. Fifth Gear is going to be Luffy willingly utilizing fire (a la Ace/Sanji/Doflamingo/Katakuri).It's likely unlocked through passion or the power of your heart (as Oda mentioned in an SBS when a reader asked why Sanji could light himself ablaze). This means that Sanji was the first Straw Hat to unlock it (when he had to protect the people he cared about most--Nami and Robin) and Luffy unlocked it after he failed to protect Ace. Other characters have also used this in the series. Doflamingo uses Overheat and Katakuri uses Burning Mochi.

Well done, Oda.

EDIT: The Fire Festival is the perfect place for this to be unveiled. Combined with Ace’s history on Wano (how does he tie to the card theme—was he affiliated with Kaido at one point?) I’m sure we’re in for an amazing arc.
    Last edited by gyuukarubi; January 7th, 2019 at 09:50 AM.

Oh, I wasn't complaining. I was just surprised. That part about him and Apoo joined recently is a good point too.
    Yea I know you weren't, just giving my thoughts. It's even more refreshing since people were getting antsy regarding how strong Kaido's crew is lol

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

With this new change in policy, and the fact that the VIZ chapters can now be read online for free without a subscription (at least in some regions; I'm not sure whether or not it's available everywhere), I want to hear what you guys think: for those who've been reading my chapter comparisons for the past few years, do you think those are still necessary/do you still want them? I'm happy to keep doing them if y'allz think they'll still be helpful and will enjoy reading them, but if you think that being able to now read the VIZ versions directly yourselves renders the comparisons moot, then it may be redundant for me to bother with it, haha.
    Hidden:

The Kanjuro page made me laugh he's a very enjoyable charachter and would love to see him fight but man is he great comic relief.

Orochi's design doesn't sit well with me it's just extremely generic and lackluster for someone we've been waiting this long to see.
    Probably this first time I've ever just really not liked a One Piece charachter design.
    There are so many big names on Wano right now that it's kind of feeling a bit diced up and lame how we have eveyone serperated on nice little sections I want the fire festival ..I want chaos!
    Last edited by allbluebro; January 6th, 2019 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BellisarioFaith View Post
    With this new change in policy, and the fact that the VIZ chapters can now be read online for free without a subscription (at least in some regions; I'm not sure whether or not it's available everywhere), I want to hear what you guys think: for those who've been reading my chapter comparisons for the past few years, do you think those are still necessary/do you still want them? I'm happy to keep doing them if y'allz think they'll still be helpful and will enjoy reading them, but if you think that being able to now read the VIZ versions directly yourselves renders the comparisons moot, then it may be redundant for me to bother with it, haha.
    Funny!

My VPN wasn't working earlier for whatever reason, and I actually thought to myself "come on, I don't want to waste time setting up this crap *AGAIN* ... maybe Bellisario shows up soon anyway..."

I still fixed it for pride reasons, but I don't think your efforts are worthless now. At the very least it may be helpful for future discussions, when you hear people basing their theories on certain (mis)translations.

Ultimately up to you though, I don't know how much time you have to invest.

Quote Originally Posted by BellisarioFaith View Post
    While I enjoyed and appreciated them, I just reread the Viz on official release to get the authentic trans, especially for the important plot panels.

I'm sure others might still find it useful (for the lazy), so really depends on how much work you put into it.

On a side note, Viz does not translate "Tobi Roppo". I assume it translate to "flying fighters"? Is it standard for them not to have some type of editor's/translator's note for words like this?

I personally have no use for them anymore, but I'm guessing those outside the west still may. Thanks for all the comparisons the past 2, almost 3 years!

Spoiler:

Why are there lines and how do we get rid of them?
    Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information