+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 930: Ebisu Town

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Spoiler:

Default Re: Chapter 930: Ebisu Town

So are people happy to see big mum again ? Even if that was short...

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Didn‘t expect Big Mom to appear so soon. But she got owned quick, at least her ship.

Also excited that Sanji is prepared to use the suit already, instead of saying some bullshit like oh I won‘t use my fathers tech etc. They are up against a Yonko, so use all the help you can get I say. :)
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    So are people happy to see big mum again ? Even if that was short...
    Of course, she'll be a glorious wild card in this arc.

Btw, because of all the jump breaks and Odas personal chapter breaks I am confused. Didn‘t he just have a chapter break recently, and now another one so soon. Or has there been 3 chapters in one go, but just the fucked up holiday schedule inbetween?
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    Btw, because of all the jump breaks and Odas personal chapter breaks I am confused. Didn‘t he just have a chapter break recently, and now another one so soon. Or has there been 3 chapters in one go, but just the fucked up holiday schedule inbetween?
    There was the 2 double issues chapters and this one.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Of course, she'll be a glorious wild card in this arc.
    After she is saved by jinbei...

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    There was the 2 double issues chapters and this.
    Okay, so we are on his regular about 3 chapters and a break schedule.

My first feeling after reading this chapter: something bad will definitely happen to the Ebisu town that will enrage Zoro. Same feeling I had with O-Toko/Sanji.

Also regarding King, seeing his DF power makes me doubt my 1vs1 predicted match-up with Zoro. I'm now more leaning towards a 2vs2 battle King&Queen vs Zoro&Sanji.

I love how despite being one of the terrifying 4 emperors Big mom can get owned in such a funny way. That's not a complaint either, I'm very happy that now the greatest threats in OP can be presented with Jokes attached to them. Makes them seem like really strong, but normal people in this world. The WCI arc tried to do that to Big Mom, but I think it missed the mark a bit, I don't see how Big Mom went from naive and loving child to fierce, murderous captain considering how much of a background element Streusen was outside of the flashback.

I am a bit concerned though, Big Mom getting owned so easily (regardless of how temporary) can actually serve to lessen her existence as a competent threat. I want to see the ferocity that makes her own the sea - her showings in the last arc didn't do that. I got how scary she could be but I don't register how she could get as far as she does outside of brute forcing her way through problems.
    “When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say”

Huh. The New World sure is a mess. Kaidou panics over Big Mom showing up, yet King alone seemed enough to take them down--even if it's through taking advantage of his mobility and their vulnerable position. I trust Big Mom will come back, but it's weird to see how reckless these top of the world pirates can be.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Chances Jimbei is stowed away on Big Mom's ship?

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik Dynomite View Post
    Chances Jimbei is stowed away on Big Mom's ship?
    I could see Big Mom keeping Jinbe and the Germa 66 alive in exchange for leading them to Wano.

I mean it wasn't mentioned anywhere, but Jinbe visiting Wano before is extremely likely considering his connection with Ace and his drastic change in attire (and attitude) at one point.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Returns View Post
    I love how despite being one of the terrifying 4 emperors Big mom can get owned in such a funny way. That's not a complaint either, I'm very happy that now the greatest threats in OP can be presented with Jokes attached to them. Makes them seem like really strong, but normal people in this world. The WCI arc tried to do that to Big Mom, but I think it missed the mark a bit, I don't see how Big Mom went from naive and loving child to fierce, murderous captain considering how much of a background element Streusen was outside of the flashback.

I am a bit concerned though, Big Mom getting owned so easily (regardless of how temporary) can actually serve to lessen her existence as a competent threat. I want to see the ferocity that makes her own the sea - her showings in the last arc didn't do that. I got how scary she could be but I don't register how she could get as far as she does outside of brute forcing her way through problems.
    I don't think it'll be much of a problem once Big Mom gets out of this situation and continues terrorizing Kaido and the Straw Hats (provided her escape isn't complete BS). I've always liked villains who've been affected by real shit only to recover and remain terrorizing. More interesting than villains who can shrug everything off like nothing.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    I don't think it'll be much of a problem once Big Mom gets out of this situation and continues terrorizing Kaido and the Straw Hats (provided her escape isn't complete BS). I've always liked villains who've been affected by real shit only to recover and remain terrorizing. More interesting than villains who can shrug everything off like nothing.
    Indeed.
    I also like that Pirates are actually acting like Pirates here. Sure this is super reckless and they got punished for it, but this is what you should expect from Yonkou.

On the other hand, Akainu: "they have Samurai, what if they are strooooong??? ;__;"
    Last edited by Jabra; January 20th, 2019 at 07:20 PM.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

BM actually coming to Wano changes so many things, I don't even imagine how things will develop from now on.
    hope Pudding shows up.

Streusen too. I don't think we're done with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Seeing Zoro genuinely smiling is nice.

Really bothered by Sanji using a raid suit so easily but meh, Oda seems to have gone with not caring about what that means thematically and for Sanji.
    Last edited by Robby; January 21st, 2019 at 02:58 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    Didn‘t expect Big Mom to appear so soon. But she got owned quick, at least her ship.

Also excited that Sanji is prepared to use the suit already, instead of saying some bullshit like oh I won‘t use my fathers tech etc. They are up against a Yonko, so use all the help you can get I say. :)
    Yeah I mean I think people are underselling the difference between using the raid suit for power vs using it as a means of disguise.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Kaido should have sent some samurai to finish the job.

Seeing Zoro warm to this village was nice.

Not a fan of Sanji using the suit but meeh.

Holy fuck what an amazing chapter.

Unfortunately, I was spoiled on the last page from a One Piece Facebook meme page. They banned me when I simply asked "hey could you wait 3 days and not spoil people"

Luckily, it wasn't even the best part of the chapter!

I didn't expect to see Big Mom appear this soon. Given the "Kabuki Act" format of the arc, I wasn't expecting her or another Emperor to appear for quite a while. I'm wondering who will rescue her though? I know the anime was covering some of the Big Mom kids we hadn't seen, and wasn't aware of any of her kids that were mer/fishpeople outside of Preline, who I'd assume isn't helping her out.

But on the topic of Fishman, hopefully this means we'll be seeing Jimbei VERY soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information