+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: New MANGA Plus service from Shueisha (global, legal, simul, free, English releases)

Default Re: New MANGA Plus service from Shueisha (global, legal, simul, free, English release

So,they never have had any woman stuff at editorial department ever?!!

Also why in the WSJ section they are showing next chapters on 8th February?!
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Default Re: New MANGA Plus service from Shueisha (global, legal, simul, free, English release

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    Also why in the WSJ section they are showing next chapters on 8th February?!
    I think it is because february 11th is a day off in Japan: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Foundation_Day

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizoku_Ou View Post
    example for the pages UUIDs:
    [spoiler]
    Page 1 chapter 930 (77913c51-e867-4279-a594-32e15f5e43d1)
    Page 2 chapter 930 (8a8c4271-d3a3-4773-b63e-d1588766f6d0)
    Yeah, that's an automated program doing that. No human would do it that way. It would instead be something like OP0759-012 or something.

Not... that.
    xample for the chapter IDs:
    Spoiler:

OP
    Chapter No. ID
    001 1000486
    002 1000487
    929 1001129
    930 1001130
    Yeah, something more like that. Even that seems like more digits than are actually needed, and not in a way a person would instinctively name them, so thats probably automated too off source files.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by LUFFY#1 fan View Post
    So this might be off topic a little and I apologize, but it seems like the reason so many people pirate One Piece and other series isn't simply because weekly (free) translations aren't in available in their country now, it's simply because they want to read it as soon as possible. To me, it seems like the only solution at this point is for weekly Jump in Japan to go completely digital. Or at the very least, as soon as Oda or other mangaka are done making a chapter, it immediately comes online digitally on these official websites and for people that still want a physical copy of Jump, they just get it a week or two later. While sales for the physical Jump would be down, I feel like the the rest of the world not have any excuses for reading jump legally should make up for those sales.
    Outside of the transition of the very first switch going from 7 days to 9, only the first time, a week between chapters is a week. There is not "impatience", you're getting it at exactly the same rate.

The argument has been up until now, that the official release was a solid 4 or 5 days behind the bootleg, and that was an intolerable ammount of time to be behind a community discussion... and that has some weight. But now that its timed when it is? For cripes sake folks, make the one day transition once and be fine.

Mostly people just don't know better, and the youtubers and stuff refuse to do the right thing and switch over. If the community by and large agreed to do the right thing and just... made the switch, the pirate versions would dry up pretty fast. They'd stop going through the risk of stealing physical copies and just upload the finished product instead.

If they DO know better and continue with the bootleg, then boo on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    People who buy the jump magazines will continue to buy them regardless, so shifting to digital release first and magazine distribution after could be possible and still give them those sales. Release the digital version a day earlier than the scans usually come out, wih the magazine coming 2-3 days later.

It obviously won't happen, but would be nice.
    People wouldn't necessarily keep getting the physical... and the physical copies still sell millions. They're not going to risk eating into that. You also don't want to piss off all the physical stores.

They've cut down the window, the pirates have less motive now than they did. One big crack down should get them all to wait until the official release, and then they'll just start pirating the official rather than bothering to translate and edit it themselves.

Like how no one bothers fansubbing the anime now.

American comics don't have this problem, and stores get their review copies a week ahead of street date! There should be leaks and bootleg scans of american comics all the time, and there aren't. The manga "industry" just built into a certain format because of how it was the only way to get timely releases for a long long period.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

So,they never have had any woman stuff at editorial department ever?!!
    And they say it like its something to be proud of, I read on a tweet a while ago.

Female authors are less of a taboo because they don't work in the same office, so they only interact with their editor in 1v1 situations, acording to bakuman in person once or twice per chapter.

But one woman in a group of lads that are proud to be like that? Good luck to that lass.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    I think it is because february 11th is a day off in Japan: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Foundation_Day
    Shouldn't it be 9th then? Or is it because when it is 9th in Japan, USA would still lag by some 13 hours and hence the calculation?
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Shouldn't it be 9th then? Or is it because when it is 9th in Japan, USA would still lag by some 13 hours and hence the calculation?
    Yes.
    Both Viz's SJ and Shueisha's Manga Plus are literally simul. Japan gets Jump on Saturday this week, which means Friday on US time.

Author comments are also available now(I'm pretty sure this is new).

First time I notice it too, here is the link https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/web_pages/34/

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kohei Horikoshi
    I can't get over this cold! I've been sick for over three weeks. Is the bug strong or am I just weak?
    This, coupled with some of the short chapters not too long ago, makes me wonder if it would be best for HeroAca to go on hiatus for a bit. Horikoshi really seems like he could use a break.

MANGA Plus Ver. 1.1.1 is up with spanish chapters, One Piece too!!!

Spoiler:

Wtf even on the finished stories they do that only first and last bullshit? So while i waited for a nice backlog of Naruto to re-read they just went and shafted me. Fricking limited time only for a finished manga? What the hell is up with that choice

The Viz app has the paid backlog.

The golbal app (Manga +) only has the free mode of the viz app, meaning first 3 chapters, and latest 3 chapters.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Nah it has like the first six and the 13 latest chapters for Naruto. And before that it had the whole row from 1 to like 25. Then wham in goes the inbetwenn chapters are now unavailible. Guess it's my fault for getting my hopes up for this

I think this service is one of the best things about manga of this year! I didn't think Shueisha would have gone this way so soon, I expected it in the next 5 years. Very happy

Plus, very good thing that it start to translate also the one-shot by the famous authors. Maybe one day we will have also the ones by the rookies!

One strange thing is that it didn't release D.Gray-man. Doesn't Hoshino want her work avalaible in digital form? But so the people goes to the Mafia of the scanlation... Not a very thoughtful thing by the sensei...

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Fahrenheit View Post
    I think this service is one of the best things about manga of this year! I didn't think Shueisha would have gone this way so soon, I expected it in the next 5 years. Very happy

Plus, very good thing that it start to translate also the one-shot by the famous authors. Maybe one day we will have also the ones by the rookies!

One strange thing is that it didn't release D.Gray-man. Doesn't Hoshino want her work avalaible in digital form? But so the people goes to the Mafia of the scanlation... Not a very thoughtful thing by the sensei...
    D.Gray-Man isn't Weekly Jump anymore and hasn't been for a while, and I don't know if Shueisha has said anything about expanding the service to its other magazines.

Pretty sure the Viz version of the app has the full archive of old volumes, but they're definitely not doing the new ones either.

It's a shame. D.Gray-Man was one of the first manga I read all the way through way back in the day, and despite its shortcomings I've got a lot of nostalgia for it. I really hope it gets an ending someday. Even a shitty one, just for the sake of having some closure.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information