+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 931: Soba Mask

Default Re: Chapter 931: Soba Mask

So anyone has any idea what will be painted on Sanjis Cape ?

Will "3" be remade into mouse to troll Judge ?

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post

it fits him, he's the third strongest

Not very sure about it but I heard this chapter came out with an editors comment saying; 'What did Luffy Saw.' Which is assumed to be the moment Luffy looked upon BoneSpitter's cell.
    if so, throwing hints for the new crewmate reveal uuh??

Maybe Luffy's Jolly Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    it fits him, he's the third strongest

Not very sure about it but I heard this chapter came out with an editors comment saying; 'What did Luffy Saw.' Which is assumed to be the moment Luffy looked upon BoneSpitter's cell.
    if so, throwing hints for the new crewmate reveal uuh??
    Big Mom has 3 commanders, Kaidou has 3 Calamities - in both groups there is individual that is said to be strongest. It will be same for Strawhats with Zoro being very close to Luffys power and other 2 of 3 top crew fighters being Jinbe and Sanji.

I am not sure if current Sanji is stronger than Jinbe.. I would say yes but on other hand we had Jinbe clashing with Big Mom and being able to stop her sword with his extremely hard CoA hardening and he was already shown grabbing Akainu magma hand and keeping his hand intact..

I would say that Luffy being obvious nr 1 and Zoro being nr 2 of the crew is followed by Jinbei who I would compare to Tank, heavy hitting, very durable etc. and Sanji would be like a Jet Fighter of the crew. So equally dangerous in their forte.

Sanjis showing from last chapter was pretty much perfect. He got thrown by Page 1 into those buildings and smashed across dozen of them and ended up feeling bit of pain but being in one piece and pretty much without any serious injury. He is freaking monster now with that suit on..

Also he commented on that suit holding up well, not about his body being sturdy in first place. I think that people tend to fogret how durable Sanjis body is now(beside clash with Vergo who was exceptionaly strong Vice Admiral). Those Raid suits can be pierced by big caliber gattling gun as it was shown so they are more like a bullet wests that protect from bruises, cuts and small caliber weapons + fire of course.

I am very interested to see how Sanji will use that his Raid Suit is fire/heat proof - I expect upgraded version of Diable Jambe to be shown.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Maybe Luffy's Jolly Roger
    I would expect some Zeff motive to be there as well..

Big Mom has 3 commanders, Kaidou has 3 Calamities - in both groups there is individual that is said to be strongest. It will be same for Strawhats with Zoro being very close to Luffys power and other 2 of 3 top crew fighters being Jinbe and Sanji.

I am not sure if current Sanji is stronger than Jinbe.. I would say yes but on other hand we had Jinbe clashing with Big Mom and being able to stop her sword with his extremely hard CoA hardening and he was already shown grabbing Akainu magma hand and keeping his hand intact..

I would say that Luffy being obvious nr 1 and Zoro being nr 2 of the crew is followed by Jinbei who I would compare to Tank, heavy hitting, very durable etc. and Sanji would be like a Jet Fighter of the crew. So equally dangerous in their forte.

Sanjis showing from last chapter was pretty much perfect. He got thrown by Page 1 into those buildings and smashed across dozen of them and ended up feeling bit of pain but being in one piece and pretty much without any serious injury. He is freaking monster now with that suit on..

Also he commented on that suit holding up well, not about his body being sturdy in first place. I think that people tend to fogret how durable Sanjis body is now(beside clash with Vergo who was exceptionaly strong Vice Admiral). Those Raid suits can be pierced by big caliber gattling gun as it was shown so they are more like a bullet wests that protect from bruises, cuts and small caliber weapons + fire of course.

I am very interested to see how Sanji will use that his Raid Suit is fire/heat proof - I expect upgraded version of Diable Jambe to be shown.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I would expect some Zeff motive to be there as well..
    Jinbe stopped a heavily weakened Big Mom... Even Chopper blocked her and Nami damaged her heavily.

Not mocking Jinbe cuz he is awesome. But monster trio will never change and sooner or later the guys will be a clear but above Jinbe... rather sooner.

Quote me on thsi like I told people back in teh past with Franky and after people said he will be the new man because of his super fight against Luffy

Not even talking about the future potential growth of the 3 compared to Jinbe here because people will see it differently

Intelligence Department, Novus Orbis Librarium

Quote Originally Posted by BellisarioFaith View Post
    MS erroneously has Chopper say he'll kill Momo where he stands if he doesn't be quiet, whereas JB and VIZ make it clear that he's saying he'll finish Big Mom off right now.
    Wow, how can you screw up a translation that badly.

Robin's situation has my the attention the most. I'm really excited to see how she would be able to get out of it next chapter.
    "Yes, I'm only bones, but that's because I have an interest... in dieting."

-Gentleman Skeleton Brook

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Jinbe stopped a heavily weakened Big Mom... Even Chopper blocked her and Nami damaged her heavily.

Not mocking Jinbe cuz he is awesome. But monster trio will never change and sooner or later the guys will be a clear but above Jinbe... rather sooner.

Quote me on thsi like I told people back in teh past with Franky and after people said he will be the new man because of his super fight against Luffy

Not even talking about the future potential growth of the 3 compared to Jinbe here because people will see it differently

Jinbei stopped Akainus magma fist and got no damage from it. Thats durability/ strength/ haki feat that Sanji does not have yet.

Sanji will be stronger than Jinbei in time. For this moment I just think that they are vastly different types of fighters and in some way at this moment with raid suit on I see Sanji and Jinbei as equals.

Jinbei stopped Akainus magma fist and got no damage from it. Thats durability/ strength/ haki feat that Sanji does not have yet.

Sanji will be stronger than Jinbei in time. For this moment I just think that they are vastly different types of fighters and in some way at this moment with raid suit on I see Sanji and Jinbei as equals.
    Yeah cool I know. Doesn't change that the monster trio will stay and Jinbe will be surpassed by a clear margin by the weakest of them called Sanji... Wouldn#t be wondered if not after this arc

So Germa rangers go way back, there was stealth black before sanji? Like maybe Judge is the former stealth black, but who is the new sora, is he active marine the last one. Hmm what marine tends to walk around with giant robots(pacifistas)...

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    So Germa rangers go way back, there was stealth black before sanji? Like maybe Judge is the former stealth black, but who is the new sora, is he active marine the last one. Hmm what marine tends to walk around with giant robots(pacifistas)...
    This whole comic strip thing... I don't think we have to take it serious. It still remains a piece of fiction. Yes there are this Suits which were shown in the comic, but thats all. It's like Hulk and nuclear power being somehow connected but totally on a different scale of reality.

Can't wait for Zoro raction to the suit...

Sanji transforms stripping again

Spoiler:

Sanji appears with his new suit

Spoiler:

Sanji get's pissed but someone praises him

Spoiler:

Sanji shows up his new invisible powers and Zoro asks him to put the suit all time that he never has to see him again.

_____

Or this

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    This whole comic strip thing... I don't think we have to take it serious. It still remains a piece of fiction. Yes there are this Suits which were shown in the comic, but thats all. It's like Hulk and nuclear power being somehow connected but totally on a different scale of reality.
    That's not how Oda usually works, though. There had to have been *some* real inspiration for the comic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

I like Page One being Sanji's warm up fight this arc (the suit is a lot of fun, and if this is an easy sanji win, i have no problem with it whatsoever), and with that in mind, I'm thinking that Zoro's warm up fight might be Shutemaru to get him on Momo's side, since Momo (or any of the other samurai retainers) aren't currently capable, especially since i believe zoro was on his way to Kuri after Ebisu.

I saw this video and this guy makes some good points about Sanji and Zoro in Wano:

https://youtu.be/Ej54e_qXxL0
    My Discord Roleplay! It takes place in modern-day Japan and features Japanese mythological creatures that players can play as and vampires and werewolves. Yakuza expansion is out too!
    https://discord.gg/sMsVfNX

Of somewhat mixed feelings on the raid suit issue, as I was (and to some degree, still am) among those who don't like the familial baggage attached to it, but Sanji's been approaching it in a self-aware enough manner that I'm coming around a bit...

Setting that aside, I am increasingly curious about this Sora/Germa comic that ran in the North Blue... It already hinted at having a basis in reality when all we knew was that its villains were based on the Germa 66, but with the revelation that the raid suits in the comic mirror those in the real Germa's arsenal, I'm beginning to wonder when precisely this series was running and who is/was the author. Because even if it doesn't spell out their exact technical specs, it sounds very much as though this comic was deliberately leaking secrets about the Germa's combat capabilities to the people of the North Blue under the guise of "fiction", and perhaps in doing so subtly hindering Judge's ambitions of conquest by tipping off his would-be enemies. The fact that the hero bears the same name as the Vinsmoke children's late mother is also a point worth considering... I would really like to know more about the time period when this comic was being released and how that lines up with various character's ages at the time, because methinks Reiju may have had a side-project.

On the matter of Big Mom's amnesia, this is something very intriguing to me. The nature of her powers means that she is, in some ways, a writhing mass of hundreds, if not thousands, of souls contained within a single body, and that opens the possibility that this amnesia is not the standard "Bonk on the head, Who am I?" variety like Sabo had, but rather something more intimately tied to her condition - possibly one of the many people she has consumed sort of bubbling up to the surface and displacing the "real" Linlin, or something in the vein of a Hellsing's Alucard-style "losing sight of oneself in the crowd".
    Last edited by otakufan; February 5th, 2019 at 04:11 PM.

Black tea is best enjoyed with one's fellow monsters.

The fact that no one cares to talk about the Ninjas is very telling, are they that underwhelming? I hope they're fleshed out in a meaningful way.

Year of Sanji, let's go!

Intelligence Department, Novus Orbis Librarium

Quote Originally Posted by Dranza View Post
    The fact that no one cares to talk about the Ninjas is very telling, are they that underwhelming? I hope they're fleshed out in a meaningful way.
    They're very interesting for me. Robin's situation is the highlight of the chapter, personally speaking.
    "Yes, I'm only bones, but that's because I have an interest... in dieting."

-Gentleman Skeleton Brook

It's very telling that it's a low-key event compared to Big Mom getting amnesia (controversial) and Sanji using his raid suit (controversial). I love those ninjas' designs, and 1 of the ninja women there hurts the "Oda can't draw diverse women" line of thinking a bit, since she's unique. I don't think Robin will just be captured, but Oda does have a kidnapping fetish so it's always possible. It's probably too easy for One Piece if she just defeats them all right now.

There's not much to talk about, Oda dropped in a dozen new ninja characters all in one go. There's some neat designs there, but because there's so many, they're destined to just be background fodder, with maybe one or two of them rising to C lister.

If Oda had introduced just one ninja, and they looked badass, there'd be something to talk about.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
    I saw this video and this guy makes some good points about Sanji and Zoro in Wano:

https://youtu.be/Ej54e_qXxL0
    I normally hate One Piece Youtube videos but I gave it a listen. There are some interesting points made but I have a very hard time agreeing with the idea that Sanji struggled against Vergo and that Mihawk's reputation must be maintained so Zoro was not allowed to fail.

Struggling in One Piece is Sanji under water trying to fend off Kurobi or the whole crew dealing with the Pacifistas. After all these years I completely recognize I'm in the minority here especially considering that Sanji stated that if the fight would have continued it could have been bad but looking at the actual fight I just don't know. For anyone interested look through the Sanji and Vergo fight. Where does Vergo land a hit on Sanji? At what point is Vergo faster than Sanji? Vergo never lands a clean hit on Sanji, now granted Sanji blocked a hit from a Vice Admiral that was nearly too much but that didn't end the fight. When people bring up Sanji's leg fracture I think they think of it like when Akainu burned Ace's hand, that was an immediate halt to the fight. Not only did Sanji continue the fight, over all he sent Vergo through the wall twice causing bleeding but he kept kicking with the hurt leg and dodged way more attacks than Vergo managed too.

I would have loved for Sanji to finish the fight but in hindsight I see why it was so important for Smoker, Tashigi and Law to have a go at him. They had big personal connections to the character which made their interactions more meaningful. Sanji came at the expense of that but I think the outcome of that fight(or lack there of) is completely over blown. I thought Oda made Sanji look good considering the circumstances.

The Youtuber more or less mentioned Mihawk and his training/reputation being tarnished if Zoro messes up or fails and I just don't buy that at all. Hindsight is 20/20 but look back at all the "Fail Hawk" comments during Marineford. People got vicious towards Mihawk because he wasn't over there fighting White Beard himself. He had to settle for brand new no names like Vista, not even Marco or Jozu who blocked his shot. That type of hyperbole was too much for me even then and I thought it was way too unfair towards the character. Mihawk may have had Sparring matches with Shanks but even Moriah was at one point considered the fighting equal with Kaidou.

During the war Mihawk had to contend with other War Lords and Emperor Commanders, just the same as Ivankov. That was Oda showing us that there is a clear divide between the Kings/Kings and their underlings. That was Oda reaffirming Mihawk's words to Luffy after he took down Zoro, that becoming Pirate King was an even crazier goal than trying to surpass him.

When Black Beard and Doflamingo bring up the most powerful people in the world and who's going to take over, Mihawk is there sure, but so is Ivankov and a bunch of other high profile characters.

I don't think Oda is too concerned with preserving Mihawk's fan interpretation as the lone 5th Emperor. The war showed us that he isn't some insurmountable force that has to be ganged up on like White Beard and Akainu and now as a mentor figure a lot of that ultra bad aspirin mystique to who is seemingly a final fight just isn't there any more.

I actually looked at all of them wondering if any design could hold up as the next Straw Hat. Their leader has me convinced that some of the people of Wano have alien DNA. The ancient secret to create the Poneglyphs probably came directly from the moon.
    Last edited by RomanceDawn; February 5th, 2019 at 12:08 PM.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information