+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 931: Soba Mask

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Default Chapter 931: Soba Mask

Chapter 931 is out, enjoy.

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/#/viewer/1001131

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/all (sorry its not direct link, but cant access through ipad browser without vpn.)
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Default Re: Chapter 931: Soba Mask

Who is that Soba Mask guy? Sogeking's brother?

Where did Sanji go?

Yeah, must be related to Sogeking.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Hidden:

This Noda Skywalker and his secret Oda connections, always getting his requests drawn. xD

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    This Noda Skywalker and his secret Oda connections, always getting his requests drawn. xD
    I've been curious about that guy as well. He's a One Piece legend at this point. Wonder if Greg knows who he is?

also, I think we'll be seeing Luffy next chapter. Maybe a Luffy/Robin chapter.

Please let the redesign be more classy as Sanji

Not that I found the raid suit ugly but still.

BTW Still do not get the hair change. And it looks bad

Robin vs Ninjas seems really interesting

And well Big Mom becoming an ally soon?

Hope the redesign won‘t be silly. The suit now already looks super cool, that factor should stay. More classy okay, but not something funny. xD

I think his hair style looks great.

Empress of Diabetes Miss Saturday's Avatar

That awkward moment when Big Mom is gonna join the Strawhat crew before Jinbe does lmfao

Spoiler:
    Don't @ me; Jinbe is dead

Great chapter. The suit looks cool. Strong but not OP so I'm fine with Sanji using it.

Looking forward for the redesign (I'm assuming it will be more like his classic suits with maybe a Baratie hommage somewhere).

I find it interesting that Zoro and Sanji keep missing each other in this arc: first at Oden Castle because Zoro got lost on the way there and now with Sanji busy fighting Page 1 instead of going with the others to Ebisu Town where Zoro is.

It was funny seeing Franky of all people react like that to the transformation

Luffy told Bigmom that she is next after he beats Kaido, will he do that?

Nice chapter, but I'm really in two minds on Sanji's suit and Big Mom's amnesia.

The suit is some of the best Sanji action we've seen in years, but at the same time I would much rather we'd seen him ponder using it beforehand, and not right in the middle of a fight. With the emphasis that was placed on his detestation of everything Germa I thought he would have needed more (screen) time to come to terms with it. Plus, I'm disappointed that the answer to Sanji's lack of performance is one tightly-packed can of miracle science and not some silly Okama transformation he'd have been to ashamed to use before .

As for Big Mom, I certainly didn't expect that and her state opens up a ton of interesting possibilities - for one I badly want to see Nami manipulate her into an unwitting ally while Chopper, Usopp and Brook are scared to death (except he already is, you know, dead, haha skeleton joke). But, the amnesia trope has been sooooo much abused that this last panel really made me cringe. It's Whole Cake Island all over again: just when you think the Straw Hats are going to face a hard challenge with the BM Pirates, Convenience shows its ugly mug.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Yeah, amnesia is pretty convenient. The question now is how long will it last. Will we see Big Mom fighting alongside the strawhats against Kaido? Should theoretically not happen, considering her kids are out there and will probably intervene.

Oh sure, NOW Sanji is willing to stop caring about his principles in order to save random strangers, but back when it was Robin's life on the line he just couldn't fight to save his life.

Speaking of Robin, wonder where here plotthread is going. All those ninja designs are fun. I especially like the completely covered up guy.

And Big Mom? I have NO idea where Oda is going with this... though it does better pave the way for pudding and old witnesses to fill her in on how shes ACTUALLY been. So... we'll see. My guess is this'll be used as a way to have her fight Kaidou directly and whittle him down some. Had assumed that was going to wait until Elbaf but I guess not!
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Oh sure, NOW Sanji is willing to stop caring about his principles in order to save random strangers, but back when it was Robin's life on the line he just couldn't fight to save his life.
    He still won't fight a woman to save Robin, even if you repeat the scenario a hundred times. Him compromising on using the suit doesn't compare.

Speaking of Robin, wonder where here plotthread is going. All those ninja designs are fun. I especially like the completely covered up guy.
    Can't she create full clones of her self? I wonder if this is just a clone and she's somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsword View Post
    He still won't fight a woman to save Robin, even if you repeat the scenario a hundred times. Him compromising on using the suit doesn't compare.
    Yup, he's apparently incapable of doing so anyhow.

Can't she create full clones of her self? I wonder if this is just a clone and she's somewhere else.
    As seen in Fishman Island, yea she can. Though at the same time, it seems that she can effectively make her main body vanish and sprout wherever she wishes as well, if the Hammond fight is any indication.

Feels a little like overkill to trap Robin with so many Ninjas. At least we know them all now and the introduction is over. IF there aren't another hundred Ninjas somewhere in these panels...
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Saturday View Post
    That awkward moment when Big Mom is gonna join the Strawhat crew before Jinbe does lmfao

Spoiler:
    Don't @ me; Jinbe is dead
    She can't fit thru the giant World Government doors.

Great chapter, but the only weak part is the Big Mom amnesia bit. I hate that trope in stories because it normally never has a good payoff. Really want to se Big Mom portrayed as a straight G and not be the laughing stock of the Yonkou. Really hope Oda has some twist regarding this because it's honestly not needed. If he didn't want BM in the story he could've just introduced them in a later act, so he is intentionally trying to accomplish something with her

Which ever chapter where BM learns that she killed and ate her family is gonna be a rough one. Up to the point where you start to think did that really happen? Or is it gonna get a happier twist to not traumatize the kiddies.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information