+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 932: Shogun and Oiran

Default Re: Chapter 932: Shogun and Oiran

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    But both are part of the beast pirates, both high ranked. It's like Zoro would go after sanji's position in the crew, or zoro after sanji.
    I'd think of it more like the BW group. If Mr 3 could advance to being Mr 1 he'd do so in a heartbeat. I'm not getting a vibe of true friends from any of these guys, they feel more like partners of convinience who'd stick around as long as the getting is good. And assuming that Kaido in turn doesn't view Oro-dude as a true friend either, but rather as a convinient tool, then it'd probably matter little to him if another of his allies usurped the usurper as long as he gets what he wants. And the funny hair guy seems to hold some sort of position of trust with the calamaties atleast since he can directly ask and receive the use of their best of the best just like that. But like i said it could easily go either way, i'm just thinking of things that could speak for why funny hair could be pointing his sword at Oro-dude next chapter.

It probably won't be Orochi but the Ninjas Kyoshiro will point his sword at. He at least has to ask why his Geisha is beeing attacked. Also it's hard to think he will let the Kamuro of his best Courtesan be cut in half just for laughing. Kyoshiro seems to understand Orochi pretty well, so he should be able to make up an excuse for Orobi and Otoko.

With Komurasaki it's different now. I also had the impression, that she for the first time hears about the possibility that Momo (let's face it: her brother) could still be alive and now hast to make her move to contact the alliance somehow.

The evidences that Komurasaki is Hiyori are accumulating. The fact that she is the shamisen player is a nice reveal though.
    I hope Kyoshiro will stay an enemy. We need people like him on the villain side.

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Interestingly enough how we now have 5 subplots

Kinemon's subplot
    Zoro's subplot
    Luffy's subplot
    Palace subplot
    Sanji's subplot

But things feel more conmected than they did at dressrosa
    You left out the new Big Mom plot.

But they all fit together because they're all tied towards the same exact goal. basically just getting information and hiding while waiting the big attack later. In Dresserossa you had the loose plot of "everyone stop Doflamingo" as well, but trying to do the big tournament and the dwarves plotline and the toy plotline, along with "what is the admiral doing" with the "beat up Dofla for Rebecca" story stressed it just a little too much. Had the tournament and the dwarves/toy plots been seperate it probably would have breathed a bit better... there's a reason most manga when doing a tournament arc just settle into doing ONLY that for like thirty chapters. It requires a very particular flow and pace, and doing other plots in the middle throws it off. Especially when Oda wasn't doing the typical 1 on 1 dealies, but big free for alls with dozens of guys. It was one too many distinct narratives to really hold together all at once. Had it broken into two islands it would have been much smoother.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Outright stolen from OJ and don't give a fuck...but still interesting

https://orojackson.com/threads/oroch...nfirmed.60643/

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Outright stolen from OJ and don't give a fuck...but still interesting

https://orojackson.com/threads/oroch...nfirmed.60643/
    Nah... don't see why to introduce Orochi as two-blade-style swordsman just for a red herring... just his bad manners and bad temper making him throwing away the sheath. Also I think the arrangement tells us that he will fight Zoro.

Based on the propaganda he's selling to school kids i would presume that he ain't all that.

The whole thing reeks of Mr Satan.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I'd think of it more like the BW group. If Mr 3 could advance to being Mr 1 he'd do so in a heartbeat. I'm not getting a vibe of true friends from any of these guys, they feel more like partners of convinience who'd stick around as long as the getting is good. And assuming that Kaido in turn doesn't view Oro-dude as a true friend either, but rather as a convinient tool, then it'd probably matter little to him if another of his allies usurped the usurper as long as he gets what he wants. And the funny hair guy seems to hold some sort of position of trust with the calamaties atleast since he can directly ask and receive the use of their best of the best just like that. But like i said it could easily go either way, i'm just thinking of things that could speak for why funny hair could be pointing his sword at Oro-dude next chapter.
    Doesn't look like Orochi is someone that can be replaced easy. Like don't you have to be daimyo before you can become shogun? And him as shogun in last 20 years, someone even WG recognizes and goes to negotiate with important stuff like vegapunk. And kaidou himself is likely behind that request since he lost CC and doflamingo. Kyoshiro would at least need to go ask kaidou himself before he can do something that would change the last 20 years for people of wano.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; February 9th, 2019 at 07:55 AM.

This reminded me we still didn't saw any daimyo in Wano...

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Doesn't look like Orochi is someone that can be replaced easy. Like don't you have to be daimyo before you can become shogun? And him as shogun in last 20 years, someone even WG recognizes and goes to negotiate with important stuff like vegapunk. And kaidou himself is likely behind that request since he lost CC and doflamingo. Kyoshiro would at least need to go ask kaidou himself before he can do something that would change the last 20 years for people of wano.
    I had honestly not considered the possibility of Oro-dude being some sort of noble beforehand. But hey maybe he had some semi-independent seat of power before hand, or was an ambitious councillor in Oden's court. But yeah that could absolutely be a possibility and a road block. But since no one in Oro-dudes inner circle seem to place that much value on his leadership, and funny hair having a direct line to Kaido's inner circle it'd be a shame if some accident were to befall Oro-dude. The type of accident where everybody present would absolutely agree that it was an accidental impalement on a carelessly placed katana

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    You left out the new Big Mom plot.

But they all fit together because they're all tied towards the same exact goal. basically just getting information and hiding while waiting the big attack later. In Dresserossa you had the loose plot of "everyone stop Doflamingo" as well, but trying to do the big tournament and the dwarves plotline and the toy plotline, along with "what is the admiral doing" with the "beat up Dofla for Rebecca" story stressed it just a little too much. Had the tournament and the dwarves/toy plots been seperate it probably would have breathed a bit better... there's a reason most manga when doing a tournament arc just settle into doing ONLY that for like thirty chapters. It requires a very particular flow and pace, and doing other plots in the middle throws it off. Especially when Oda wasn't doing the typical 1 on 1 dealies, but big free for alls with dozens of guys. It was one too many distinct narratives to really hold together all at once. Had it broken into two islands it would have been much smoother.
    I also think it helps that so many of the side characters are people we've already gotten to know and care about. No extra time is wasted getting us to invest in Wano's plight, we are already invested.

I wonder about Orochi's Devil Fruit, or his name. I think one of them isn't quite what we think it is.

The type of accident where everybody present would absolutely agree that it was an accidental impalement on a carelessly placed katana
    Since this never happend during past 20 years (or even before) with Kaidou raising his army for quite a while (and even before SMILEs he probablly had his top notch Yonkou Crew), I really can't see why we should underestimate Orochi.

Maybe it is only his nobel birth and his name, but maybe it is something about his history with Oden (flashback material) or has something to do with his devil fruit (also flashback material, think of some hidden connection with those three ryu devil fruits we have so far and lurking vegapunk behind all this). I can not see why Kaidou would trust him of all people to rule in his name if he didn't have any power, connection or deeper meaning fot Kaidou. But maybe I am overthinking it too much.

i really like that we have an official/legal release but damn the image quality is really bad comparing to the illegal ones, i have to admit though, i read both ones due to the fact that i really want to support the official one
    Now, on topic... I really love robin's clones and how she handle things... I really wanted to see big mom or at least some luffy/zoro panel, wonder where they wonder :p The chapter was ok looking forward for next weeks one..

But since no one in Oro-dudes inner circle seem to place that much value on his leadership, and funny hair having a direct line to Kaido's inner circle it'd be a shame if some accident were to befall Oro-dude. The type of accident where everybody present would absolutely agree that it was an accidental impalement on a carelessly placed katana
    Alternately (and against all expectations including my own), Funny Hair might also serve as a hype tool to show us readers that Orochi is not some Spandam wanabee but a force to be reckoned with. It would be a shame because I like Funny Hair, but...doable, still. Everyone despises his cowardice, but that doesn't mean he can't be strong.
    I don't quite believe it myself though, because if Funny Teeth was really that good then O-Toko should already be dead. Plus clues keep piling up that he's more on the clown side.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Since this never happend during past 20 years (or even before) with Kaidou raising his army for quite a while (and even before SMILEs he probablly had his top notch Yonkou Crew), I really can't see why we should underestimate Orochi.

Maybe it is only his nobel birth and his name, but maybe it is something about his history with Oden (flashback material) or has something to do with his devil fruit (also flashback material, think of some hidden connection with those three ryu devil fruits we have so far and lurking vegapunk behind all this). I can not see why Kaidou would trust him of all people to rule in his name if he didn't have any power, connection or deeper meaning fot Kaidou. But maybe I am overthinking it too much.
    yeah i second that, there has to be a deeper connection and maybe momosuke might be the savior with his devilfruit, to gain control over them - somehow.
    might be the reason why vegapunk created that artificial zoan in the first place (or was forced to). and why orochi demanded vegapunk in the negotiations with cp0

i'm very eager to see what oda has in store for us with that plotline.

Kaido already displayed a fetish for Zoan users, it wouldn't surprise me if he favors Orochi only because of his super rare dragon fruit.

Might also explain why Hawkins isn't part of the Tobi Roppo, despite being easily as strong as Page One or X Drake.

Random as fuck theory by me... But let me hope

What if Scopper Gaban is at Wano?

There was a theory that this old guy from East Blue who knew a lot of the balance of the world is Scopper Gaban. He even has similar glasses and facial structure

Spoiler:

Now in this chapter we have a bald guy who is laughing at Orochi and covering his face with a tattoo as well... Just a bit different

Spoiler:

Why I think it a possibility of Scopper Gaban being there... Well we all know the cover page with a Wano like citizen talking to Crocus. Back than some people thought it is Scopper... But seeing the flashback of Wano it might be one of the retainers of Oden.

Maybe he looked for help of one of the PK buddies... But Rayleigh was busy with Luffy and Crocus can't leave because of Laboon.

So what if he traevelled to East Blue to ask Scopper Gaban?

And if it is not that bald guy I posted... Maybe it is the prisoner we haven't seen?

Yeah i suppose you can't discount the possibility of Oro-dude showcasing some skills at this point. The multiheaded dragon might have some CC ability where the guy using it can be y'know Oro-dude and still be deadly

What do you guys think Queen will be???

My guess is probably a sabertooth tiger zoan or Triceratops Zoan

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information