Not if he is like jack the drought.

replying before the answer...
    This ia katakuri level of foresight
    "I'm simply an accident. Why take it all so seriously?"

Default Re: Chapter 932: Shogun and Oiran

Quote Originally Posted by Fraco View Post
    replying before the answer...
    This ia katakuri level of foresight
    It's beyond Katakuri, cause he even quoted it before it was written.
    On the other Hand, Katakuri also quoted future texts of Luffy and Bege, so you're right.
    Last edited by Roronoa Zacho; February 12th, 2019 at 07:13 AM.
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

I hope for Zoro next chapter and maybe bone spitter or Kamazou

Storywise
    It's too soon to free Luffy.
    It's too soon to reveal Kyoshiro.
    It's too soon to stop trolling Zoro fans.

I think Oda want's to keep us wondering about Robin's fate a little bit more.

We'll probably see some Ebisu pages with Sanji meeting Zoro.
    Imho we'll probably close the chapter with Mom, as she's the most unpredictable and cliffhangerish situation right now.

There are also other hanging threads.

Anyway, really looking forward to read it.
    "I'm simply an accident. Why take it all so seriously?"

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    Notice how the banquet People gossiped about Komurasaki? About what she does behind the Scenes?
    Maybe she does some charity-stuff with all the Money from the rich geezers.
    They made it clear that whatever she does isn't good, with one of Orochi's men commenting on her "wicked nature". So any secret good she may be doing would something that none of them know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Hiyori had to stay behind, so Wano people couldn't say, that Kozuki left them for twenty years. Yes, it's very likely, that Komurasaki (Hiyori in disguise) has a bond with the poor people and supports them with money.
    Yes, but only because he doesn’t know, where Hiyori is (or he doesn’t count her worthy). Anyway, this is all on the assumption that Kamurasaki=Hiyori.
    This doesn't make sense. If they don't know its Hiyori, then they're still going to think the Kozuki left them regardless, as Shutenmaru himself alluded to.

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    Yup, there is a good Chance that Toki time-jumped as well and jumped right to the aftermath of this Rebellion. She has gone through centuries, so I can't imagine she decided to die like that.
    I know that Toki has the sort of mystery aura around her where it wouldn't be super surprising if she was alive, but I don't know why anyone would think that she would willingly lie to Kinemon in that type of situation. She said her journey was at an end, and that she'd stay here. I dunno what happened with Hiyori not making the trip, but it'd be just as messed up for her to time jump to a point where the fighting has ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraco View Post
    It's too soon to reveal Kyoshiro.
    Too soon for what?

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    This doesn't make sense. If they don't know its Hiyori, then they're still going to think the Kozuki left them regardless, as Shutenmaru himself alluded to.
    What I meant, was that Komurasaki is probably doing good stuff without letting anyone know that she is Hiyori (why should she? Orochi would kill her if he knew). I believe no one but the retainer who was left with her - and maybe some hidden (Kyoshiro?) or unknown characters - know who she is. She is waiting for her mothers prophecy to become true. When she later will let everyone know that she was Hiyori all way long, the reservation towards Kozoki-Clan which Shutenmaru and others have will become invalid. Maybe you can compare it to how Toysoldiers bonding with Rebecca made it easier for her to accept Kyros as her dad when she found out. If, and only if Komurasaki is Hiyori this scenario could explain why Toki left Hiyori back 20 years ago. Otherwise it wouldn't make any sense to not send her lets say 21 years into the future. Also this scenario would make it quite easy to redeem her deeds as Komurasaki.
    Last edited by Candide; February 12th, 2019 at 05:21 PM.

What I meant, was that Komurasaki is probably doing good stuff without letting anyone know that she is Hiyori (why should she? Orochi would kill her if he knew). I believe no one but the retainer who was left with her - and maybe some hidden (Kyoshiro?) or unknown characters - know who she is. She is waiting for her mothers prophecy to become true. When she later will let everyone know that she was Hiyori all way long, the reservation towards Kozoki-Clan which Shutenmaru and others have will become invalid. Maybe you can compare it to how Toysoldiers bonding with Rebecca made it easier for her to accept Kyros as her dad when she found out. If, and only if Komurasaki is Hiyori this scenario could explain why Toki left Hiyori back 20 years ago. Otherwise it wouldn't make any sense to not send her lets say 21 years into the future. Also this scenario would make it quite easy to redeem her deeds as Komurasaki.
    I don't view the Kyros situation as being comparable to this one. Her revealing she's Hiyori doesn't suddenly take all that pain away. A reveal where she's been around them all this time shouldn't be used as some sort of gotcha to the sentiment Shutenmaru expressed. Anyone feeling similar to Shutenmaru still went 20 years thinking they had all died, and nothing's really going to fix that. All they can do now is move forward. Also I don't see the real difference between such a reveal and Momo and co. coming after 20 years to fulfill Toki's wishes. If anything, their return would completely overshadow that.

It does not take the pain away, but they shared that pain. Komurasaki being Hiyori does not fix the pain, but she can relate to the Wano citizens at the same emotional level, unlike Kinemon and the others that made that jump.

I agree with you that Momo and the others have to move forward, they cannot hope to understand the citizens and Shutenmaru's pain, they will never understand. The only option they have is to prove their worth now, moving forward.

It is not about whom overshadows the other, but how both complement each other, Hiyori with the pain that everyone has felt, and Momo which will help end that pain and suffering.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    That's been my thoughts. Guess we'll see.
    On one side, I am certain that Hiyori did not travel to the future. We also saw a retainer with a hat that did not travel with Momo and the rest. With that into consideration, we can assume that when Hiyori shows up there will be someone guarding her. Unless, *things* happened along the way.

I don't think this chapter does this theory of him being a former retainer any favors personally.
    What about this chapter makes him less likely? The fact that he was saying he would kill the Kozuki himself?

I admit that I am still unsure, and that not every piece fits nicely for him to be the retainer. Like why has he not been recognized and so forth. Which in turn makes me question Komurasaki as Hiyori. As I said above, Hiyori should be accompanied by her retainer. Kyoshiro has qualities that other vassals of Oden had. Like being an outlaw, but noble at the same time. Kyoshiro working for Orochi and how he has been acting on panel could be part of his cover.

The other alternative is that the fishbone prisoner is the retainer that Hiyori was with, but he was captured and left Hiyori under Kyoshiro's care, or she ended up in Kyoshiro's territory.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    (...)

The other alternative is that the fishbone prisoner is the retainer that Hiyori was with, but he was captured and left Hiyori under Kyoshiro's care, or she ended up in Kyoshiro's territory.
    I like the former of that idea.
    Absurd strength could mean killing People by spitting fishbones.

@Blissed
    If a warmonging Orochi-henchman says she has a "wicked nature", one could assume that this nature is actually "good" as "good stuff" is sometimes "evil/wicked" in the POV of bad People.
    Like Madame Mim in "the sword in the Stone" once said.
    And when Orochi talked about Kozuki and Momo's not-found corpse, Komurasaki's face told us a lot about her emotions about that. Hyori or not.
    About Toki you're right, if she said that to Kinemon. But then I'm really lookin Forward to that Oden-flashback.

Anyway, Oda delivered Oden's Feelings towards Wano perfectly yet: it's too cramped in here. Too cramped with chars. Cramped and crammed almost mean the same in english.
    It'll feel so liberating once These borders open up.
    Last edited by Roronoa Zacho; February 13th, 2019 at 12:27 AM.
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

is it me or the arlongpark forum is getting less and less active members?

Quote Originally Posted by O baba View Post
    *inserts comment about APForums being around a decade old site*

Hidden:

Is there a break this week?

thanks in advance

Ore wa LUFFY !! Kaizoku-ō ni naru otoko da!
    My 1st Rap Video Clip

Quote Originally Posted by DEE JAY View Post
    Is there a break this week?

thanks in advance
    No break. Spoilers tomorrow. Scans the day after. VIZ on Sunday.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

You are right, but if you derive it from the late Chapter-Discussion threads, most of the discussion moved to Spoiler section since the VIZ thing... By the way, where is Monkey King? Haven't seen him since the famine was confirmed...

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Typically, the forum is active when Oda does controversial shit, or we get far enough into an arc where everything is controversial, or we break from the action to show World Government stuff.

Spoiler:

Pretty sure users are around, they just don't post in the weekly chapter's discussion due to the repeated battle dom bs, wanna-be-critics trying hard to be critical of practically everything because why not and the general lack of any real interesting users. At least that's why I don't post or care to post.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfDarkness View Post
    Pretty sure users are around, they just don't post in the weekly chapter's discussion due to the repeated battle dom bs, wanna-be-critics trying hard to be critical of practically everything because why not and the general lack of any real interesting users. At least that's why I don't post or care to post.
    From the eye test, the forum certainly seems to be at an all time activity low, or at least in some years. Part of it is definitely the viz stuff, maybe the rest is the lack of threads in general for people to have the kinds of discussions they love to have? I say this, but I can barely stand to visit Oro, let alone participate in discussion. I don't blame Arlong... I blame youtubers and clickbait.

I think it was an expected short-term effect of the discussion thread being only created two days after the chapter has been leaked.
    The spoiler thread lack the users who are waiting until the release to read the chapter or who at least don't want to join the discussion earlier to support the official release. The discussion thread lack the users who had been discussing the chapter for two days already and feel like they already discussed what they wanted to.

I am more worried about the mid/long-term effect, though (that is, neither discussion getting a high "attendance" can make people less prone to take part in whichever).

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    I think it was an expected short-term effect of the discussion thread being only created two days after the chapter has been leaked.
    The spoiler thread lack the users who are waiting until the release to read the chapter or who at least don't want to join the discussion earlier to support the official release. The discussion thread lack the users who had been discussing the chapter for two days already and feel like they already discussed what they wanted to.

I am more worried about the mid/long-term effect, though (that is, neither discussion getting a high "attendance" can make people less prone to take part in whichever).
    Yeah, there is little incentive to post *again* in the official thread. Supporting every product and offer is easy, but posting your thoughts about the chapter in several threads is really draining. Copy/pasting your posts also doesn't work if you had an actual discussion with somebody, can't just repost your thoughts out of context.

I know, we are just in testing phase ... but isn't there a possibility to merge both threads? Like you merge the spoilers thread and the discussion thread after official release but everyone who got into discussion after the official release get redirected at the first post after official release? It's just an idea. Main problem will still be unintentional redundancy or intentional restraint... From what I observed is, that 200-400 post (this will of course vary depending on chapter/arc/saga) are made between scanlation release and official discussion thread. I don't know if people who support the official release even re-read the spoilers section but don't get involved into discussion because of changed threads....

Big mom and chopper friendship?!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information