+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 932: Shogun and Oiran

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Default Re: Chapter 932: Shogun and Oiran

I had a bit of trouble following the conversation on the page when Robin was first spotted by Orochi, and the one after that. The shift to admiring Komurasaki's beauty was strange.

Very nice chapter and another one where we didnt change venues despite us having a ton of subplots
    I'm liking the shogun more and more for how much POS he is, and idk the ugly design kinda blends into being scary

Cool that Robin had an insurance plan. I was pretty sure she had a trick up here sleeves but she reacted really fast to avoid being hurt via her clone being hurt and disappearing it.

I really like Komurasaki, I didnt have any problem with her before and while she's not super nice and friendly she has some sort of moral code about her. I like this development and she doesnt have to be super nice to be a good person.

Now Robin is escaping and kyoshiro has drawn his sword. I wonder who is gonna make an appearance here to diffuse the situation.

Interestingly enough how we now have 5 subplots

Kinemon's subplot
    Zoro's subplot
    Luffy's subplot
    Palace subplot
    Sanji's subplot

But things feel more conmected than they did at dressrosa
    Last edited by Long John Silvers Rayleigh; February 8th, 2019 at 01:40 PM.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Gangster Gastino>Ceasar Clown

Small curiosity: with this new translation in appears that Cesar is HIRING new assistants, and not looking for a job himself.

Also thought that there was a minor hiccupp in the chapter's pacing when we turn to the men's discussion of the Oiran. But I am loviing every other aspect of Oda's art this chapter, like the page where Orochi cuts down the wall, or even Orochi's transformation: I think we are finally seeing into the choice of his design, the goofy and menacing heads are a delight

The 11 ninjas really reminded me of the Spiders from Hunter x Hunter, like Oda was doing a homage to them in his own style.

The translation was much more enjoyable, especially the part with the foxface pimp.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

I think it was brought up in the spoiler thread that if Komurasaki is Hiyori, then Kyoshiro might be a servant of the Kozuki Family who is stationed to protect her. And to that I say yeah, no. He's definitely slept with her in the past, which would be objectively creepy, and is the kind of action that, the only other time it's been implied before, was villainous. Not to mention that Kyoshiro's drunken tirade about Orochi's stupidity when he first debuted would make zero sense, since if he did serve the Kozukis he should be well aware that Orochi is actually completely right.

Spoiler:

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

but him being a Yakuza prolly means he stood neutral during the conflict and aligned Orochi when he came up as the winner, then found out Hiyori and thought, well keeping this lil Kozuki might be helpful in the future.

Hydra dragon orochi? The courtesan is kozuki clan?

Another good chapter! I think Kyoshiro and Komurasaki are my favorite Wanoese characters so far. I'm warming up to Orochi too, I like his cautiousness/paranoia.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    I think it was brought up in the spoiler thread that if Komurasaki is Hiyori, then Kyoshiro might be a servant of the Kozuki Family who is stationed to protect her. And to that I say yeah, no. He's definitely slept with her in the past, which would be objectively creepy, and is the kind of action that, the only other time it's been implied before, was villainous. Not to mention that Kyoshiro's drunken tirade about Orochi's stupidity when he first debuted would make zero sense, since if he did serve the Kozukis he should be well aware that Orochi is actually completely right.
    I didn't catch that subtext at all. Where'd you get that from?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    The official translation of this chapter makes it pretty clear that can't be the case anyhow. Orochi kills anyone with any connnection to Oden, so the idea that Kyoshiro would not only be exempt from this, but obtain such a lofty position, would completely contradict this.

The conversations in this chapter made so much more sense with the official translation. Being an indoor dog is just dandy, i can get used to this kind of quality. Now if only they would let me pay for it, but eh baby steps and all

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    I didn't catch that subtext at all. Where'd you get that from?
    928 somewhat implies it. He looks a little tired and cranky, like he just recently got out of her bed to check on what's going on. Then the reaction from the old man upon seeing his face, frankly looks like a man that just realized he's been cheated on. Also as of this chapter, its confirmed to be his pleasure hall, so it'd be even less surprising.

You do sort of wonder on who funny hair guy will be aiming his sword at.

I mean Oro-dude is threatening his merchandise after all

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Brook and/or old ninja lady will probably make a move. Or Kyoushiro somehow, for whatever reason sides with Komurasaki and Orobi.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    You do sort of wonder on who funny hair guy will be aiming his sword at.

I mean Oro-dude is threatening his merchandise after all
    Yea I'm curious myself. Orochi and the ninja are preparing to strike, so I don't see why Kyoshiro would feel the need to get involved when they have it covered. But it's hard to see him attacking Orochi either, so... next chapter will be a fun one, that's for sure.

It's hard to tell really. On onehand he has the whole exposition where a mafia boss must act against anyone who moves against him, but on the other it would seem counterproductive of him to kick the ruler in the dick at this stage. Unless of course he is in turn intent on making a move against Oro-dude anyhow

Empress of Diabetes Miss Saturday's Avatar

Not gonna lie, I was a bit, uh.. worried for O-Robi's O-Coochi there for a second. That's one hell of a target to aim for.

This chapter finally got me excited for this entire arc again. I think the last time was, uh.. when Kaido turned into a dragon, I think.
    I think it's obvious that FoxFace Kuwabara will jump in to stop Orochi/help Robin. He looked annoyed with Orochi that entire chapter. Speaking of Orochi, I'm still trying to get used to his look. I think I wanted/expected him to look a certain way then we got that goofy fucker. But there's nothing wrong with his design; in a way he's a return to classic OP. Reminds me of Wapol a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    It's hard to tell really. On onehand he has the whole exposition where a mafia boss must act against anyone who moves against him, but on the other it would seem counterproductive of him to kick the ruler in the dick at this stage. Unless of course he is in turn intent on making a move against Oro-dude anyhow
    Yea that's another thing, a lot of people speculate/hope Kyoshiro will attempt to usurp Orochi. While yea sure, he's an enigma to an extent and talks shit behind his back, I wouldn't go that far. But more importantly, it should take far more cunning on his part than to just randomly attack him. Or to do so, and then expect Kaido and everyone else to just go along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post

Very nice chapter and another one where we didnt change venues despite us having a ton of subplots
    I'm liking the shogun more and more for how much POS he is, and idk the ugly design kinda blends into being scary

Cool that Robin had an insurance plan. I was pretty sure she had a trick up here sleeves but she reacted really fast to avoid being hurt via her clone being hurt and disappearing it.

I really like Komurasaki, I didnt have any problem with her before and while she's not super nice and friendly she has some sort of moral code about her. I like this development and she doesnt have to be super nice to be a good person.

Now Robin is escaping and kyoshiro has drawn his sword. I wonder who is gonna make an appearance here to diffuse the situation.

Interestingly enough how we now have 5 subplots

Kinemon's subplot
    Zoro's subplot
    Luffy's subplot
    Palace subplot
    Sanji's subplot

But things feel more conmected than they did at dressrosa
    Don't forget Chopper and Big Mom subplot!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information