+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 933: A Warrior's Mercy

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Default Chapter 933: A Warrior's Mercy

To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Default Re: Chapter 933: A Warrior's Mercy

Wonder how the Kozuki connections to Komurasaki will play out.

She is Momos sister it is too obvious.

Which means could be a twist and she isn't.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Hong Kong 420 Land

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Hong Kong 420 Land
    Legit thought it was a troll by scanlators when I peaked at the title page before official release.

The money laundering Mafiaboss/killer dares to speak about laws. I love to hate these characters.

Orochi turned out to be the generic irrational leader. That means for me, Kyoshiros plan to replace him is in full swing.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Who/what Kyoshiro is loyal to is an interesting topic for sure, but I still don't really see where these "Kyoshiro will/wants to be the new Shogun" theories are coming from.

Empress of Diabetes Miss Saturday's Avatar

PURISSON BU-REAAAAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

What a nice show between Kyoshiro and Komurasaki. Wonder what Kyoshiro's next move is and what kind of character he really is.
    Komurasaki obviously is alive. I wonder if she's actually an ally and not a conniving vixen as she's been portrayed so far.
    Big Mom bit is turning out to be more fun.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

I totally forgot about Napoleon, seems like they're knocked out from drowning or something. Once they wake up Big Mom will have a higher chance of getting her memories back.

Was that Kyoshiro holding the Kozuki crest? If so, no wonder he talks shit about the shogun.

Quote Originally Posted by Logia View Post
    I totally forgot about Napoleon, seems like they're knocked out from drowning or something. Once they wake up Big Mom will have a higher chance of getting her memories back.

Was that Kyoshiro holding the Kozuki crest? If so, no wonder he talks shit about the shogun.
    He's holding it, but only because he just picked it up. It's not his, it appears to be Komurasaki's.

Also it's not the crest, but the paper Kinemon's been secretly handing out to people in order to build up the alliance's forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Saturday View Post
    PURISSON BU-REAAAAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
    Exactly what I thought reading the chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Who/what Kyoshiro is loyal to is an interesting topic for sure, but I still don't really see where these "Kyoshiro will/wants to be the new Shogun" theories are coming from.
    Because it would make sense? His Shogun is paranoid about an obscure enemy. He has the position and the opportunity to construct a coup. And he looks like a scheming fox ffs.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    Because it would make sense? His Shogun is paranoid about an obscure enemy. He has the position and the opportunity to construct a coup. And he looks like a scheming fox ffs.
    More than anything it comes off as people wanting it to happen because they understandably find him to be a lot cooler than Orochi. Any future revealed scheming on his part doesn't have to automatically mean he wants to become the Shogun.

He insults him behind his back, that's about it so far. You can only go so far with that when he hasn't actually done anything. Also it's weird to assume that Kaido would just accept a random coup. If we at least already knew about Orochi and Kaido's relationship, where it's made clear that Kaido absolutely sees him as being absolutely replaceable, that'd be one thing. But we don't know anything yet, so it's just jumping the gun as far as I'm concerned.

His hand appears to be in a lot of pots so to speak, but he's no Crocodile. The fandom is enamored with him, but in-universe, it's not as if Orochi's men (Or really the people of Wano in general) are going out of their way to praise Kyoshiro in a way that suggests that they'd back a coup.

Well, I don't think he is cool. He is an immoral, opportunistic asshole, the perfect breed to stage a coup.

Did you see those henchmen of both of them? They'll listen to any authority, "Omg, the 'Kozuki' managed to murder Orochi! I'll take revenge, follow me men!" Coup de etat 101. Kyoshiro just doesn't know that the SHs will ruin it.

I will make a compilation of my impressions from the other thread and add some more:

- God damn it, the more Komurasaki and Kyoshiro appear, the more I like them. Definitely the best part of Wano so far.
    Assuming Komurasaki is Hiyori, Kyoshiro doesn't look old enough to be one of the retainers who didn't traveled in time. I mean, the Charlotte family taught us to not judge age by appearance, but for now I will assume Kyoshiro is around Komurasaki's age, so my pick is that he was a servant boy of the Kozuki who probably Hiyori was friends with and they grew up together scheming Orochi's downfall.
    I mean, they are clearly together. We saw they are intimates before and their little exchange this chapter seemed the sort of ambiguous dialogue that hide something (to someone looking, Kyoshiro was asking if Komurasaki was ready to be slayed, dying with the dignity expected of a samurai. But definitely he was making sure she was ready to fake it). Whatever their relationship is, though, his surprise when he got the Kozuki piece of paper means they still hide something from each other.

- Nami went and called Brook and Robin (twice) by their real names. Not only this kinda ruin the fun the SH seemed to have sticking to their fake names, it is also possible they kept doing it to make sure their identities wouldn't be found out in case anyone was eavesdropping. Now she went and called the name of both in front of Hanzo... if he leaks those names to the Beast Pirates, the presence of the SH will become known instantly.

- Shinobu is a delight! Unlike many, I am under the impression pretty Shinobu was not her past self, but rather Hanzo's mental image based on her fame. The fact she was Kin'emon's protegée makes me refuse she is an old lady.

- This chapter introduced a good nuance to Orochi's character. Despite saying he is going to kill Komurasaki, he is genuinely shaken when Kyoshiro "kills" her to the point we can see tears in his eyes. Also, despite how mad he is, he seems to understand Kyoshiro was in the right and doesn't lash out on him.He is definitely a scum villain, no arguing there, but there may be something interesting about him at the end of the day.
    I also like his fruit is not a Ryu Ryu, but a Hebi Hebi instead (makes perfect sense too, 八岐大蛇 literally reads as 8-headed giant snake). Curiosity: notice only the main head has a mustache (on top of a crown, but that was obvious).

- Thank god Linlin didn't revert to a child state. She is still acting like an adult, except she is as sweet as hell. "Shake".
    Now I wonder if Chopper and Momo will really go alone there with only Kiku as a backup or they will first meet up with the other allies in Kuri (Kin'emon and the minks).

EDIT: - Oh, yeah, I forgot about Napoleon.
    Weird he seems to be out when Zeus is doing just fine. So what if he is just pretending? Unlike the other two big homies, Napoleon doesn't seem to be able to move and fight on his own, so rather than acting now he could just be biding his time. Remember he can communicate with Prometheus telepathically, so could very well be guiding the BMP to Linlin right now.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; February 17th, 2019 at 05:38 PM.

I want either Zoro or Luffy to make Kyoshiro go berserk by saying how dumb is hair looks.

Hidden:

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

So there's a theory and discussion going around that Big Mom's personality was influenced due to her eating Carmel and receiving her Devil Fruit power. I personally disagree with it. There's been this feeling among some people since Big Mom's flashback that her 68 year old self doesn't match her 6 year old self, but I haven't felt that way. I would expect Big Mom to have picked up on the ways of the world as she grew up, and could do so without overriding the base personality she had as a little girl.

You could look at Doffy as an example. The dude acts like a spoiled brat both as a child and adult, but he picked up a conniving and crafty side growing up that allowed him to pursue his desired lifestyle in a different way than in the days of him walking around the street ordering random strangers around. So I don't think there has to be any real explanation for Linlin becoming more of a shrewd businesswoman as an adult. Like Doffy, these new traits have been used to work to fulfill her childhood dream, which was acquired in a normal way - she really looked up to Carmel, and found a lot of common ground in Carmel's dream, albeit because of a skewed interpretation.

This is a trait seen in other works (Up comes to mind) and in real life too - as we grow older, we learn more, and we hopefully become wiser about the world, but we can still hold on to childhood desires, sometimes to an unhealthy level. There's no need for Big Mom to have an evil spirit inside of her to have an unhealthy obsession with a childhood dream. And thus, I don't see any reason that any "reboot" of her mind that happens in this arc cannot solely revolve around her.

Spoiler:

yeah the only point I like in the theory,is that it explains the cannibalism. I really don't like that a devil fruit power can be obtained this way. But in term of story it is a bit to much.
    Ok we already have a soul detached from a body with Brook, but it is a bit to irrational to my taste. Also Big Mum becoming an innocent gentle grandma would make her really less interesting as a character.

Otherwise the chapter was really good. Nami and Shinobu have become an excellent comic duo. Brook and Robin actions are great. Orochi who doesn't know what to do is also nicely written, with that Kyoshiro move at the end. In that scene I found he really resemble Zoro, both in action and mindset. Will Oda make them fight eachother ? That could certainly be interesting since Kyoshiro has set a gap with the other villains so far.

I'm not a big fan of "the following morning" because it means Sanji fight has been skipped :-(

Could blacbeard get the snake snake no mi from orochi. Sounds more fitting then any other zoan for him, since he is snake.

Straight up, I loved this chapter. It's the exact kind of chaos that Oda does best, with so many characters and so much action happening all at once. I wasn't expecting Wano to get this crazy this soon, even if it's just a skirmish before the main event, but damn.

So Orochi's fruit is actually an Orochi model. I really thought Oda would try to avoid that. We've seen really on the nose names relating to a character's powers before, but never anything on this level. That said, I can't believe that even speculating it would be a hydra model, I guessed dino dino instead of snake snake for the fruit type. That said, I love how the eight heads look on the page. They feel like they're constantly in motion, slithering around each other and lashing out about the room. They'd look great animated, but I doubt the anime will be able to spare the budget for the kind of constant motion the art infers.

I really wish Oda had taken the time to show the layout of the Shogun's palace in more detail. It was pretty hard to tell where the stuff with Robin and Brook was taking place relative to the bits with Orochi. Sometimes they seem to be on the outer edge of the same room, sometimes in the adjacent room, and the only shot with both Robin and Orochi makes it look like she's been on a balcony overlooking the floor Orochi was on. I think I got it by the end, but it just didn't read clearly throughout the chapter. And while we're on the topic of things not totally clear, I wasn't sure at a glance if Brook was physically there or just projecting himself, since we'd never seen a full body apparition from him before.

Kyoshiro and Komurasaki was a surprise. It's not really clear if the Koizuki plan card is something Kyoshiro had on him, or something he picked up from Komurasaki's "corpse" (yeah right she's really dead), is it? Really not sure what to make of Kyoshiro's alignment at this point. He certainly didn't seem too invested in a Koizuki Family return back in his intro scene. If he was a sleeper agent, or a protector of Hyori from the start, his whole attitude towards Toki's curse seems out of place. That said, he seems pretty drunk in that scene, which makes his true feelings hard to read...

Nami using Zeus is something I'm happy to see. Actually, between him and the raid suit, the new stuff the crew picked up from Tottoland are all getting used really quickly. Glad they're not gonna go to waste or be saved purely for finishing moves, because they do change up what we can expect from Nami and Sanji in combat going forward in some fun ways.

Big Mom plot is running basically as expected. The idea of a prison break, especially Luffy's reaction, not knowing that she's turned, is pretty hype. Hey, what he he attacks her on sight and knocks her memories back into place with a blow to the head, messing everything up? It's hard to imagine the amnesia plot being over that quickly, but it'd still be a fun idea. Big Mom = Carmel theories are dumb and I have no time for them.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information