+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Default Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Has it been officially revealed how many returning pokemon there are in swsh? I've seen people claiming that half the pokedex got thanos'd, but I haven't seen anything official.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    That does make a lot of sense why they are not bringing all the pokemon back for Sword/Shield, but for a future release instead. Maybe they can add like patches or expansions later to eventually add all the different models.
    When the dexit was first announced, my first thought was "they could patch the missing pokémon later". But thinking about it now, I don't think it would be feasible.

Problem is, pokémon games have a very short life since we get them annually. SwSh is coming out november and by the next november we'll already get the 2020 game (be it Gun, Unbreakable Diamond or Let's Go Togepi).

Even if the galar dex gets like 600 pokémon - 150 more than the biggest regional dex so far -, we would still be missing ~300 pokémon. Adding them all in the timespan of an year would mean almost having one new pokémon finished every day... and even then, many would only be add on the verge of the new game coming out.

Not to mention they announced they are working on SwSh for three years already, meaning that however big the galar dex turns out to be, it will be the product of 3 years of work. It is hard to believe in just one year they could raise the amount of pokémon included by 50% or more (and, again, that's working with the already very optimistic possibility of a ~600 dex).

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    When the dexit was first announced, my first thought was "they could patch the missing pokémon later". But thinking about it now, I don't think it would be feasible.

Problem is, pokémon games have a very short life since we get them annually. SwSh is coming out november and by the next november we'll already get the 2020 game (be it Gun, Unbreakable Diamond or Let's Go Togepi).

Even if the galar dex gets like 600 pokémon - 150 more than the biggest regional dex so far -, we would still be missing ~300 pokémon. Add them all in the timespan of an year would mean almost having one new pokémon finished every day... and even then, many would only be add on the verge of the new game coming out.

Not to mention they announced they are working on SwSh for three years already, meaning that however big the galar dex turns out to be, it will be the product of 3 years of work. It is hard to believe in just one year they could raise the amount of pokémon included by 50% or more.
    Oh, I never thought about that. Three years is a lot of work indeed. Probably the best bet then is reuse the animation/models for future games if possible.

Regardless, I'm still gonna get the games, and enjoy them for what they are

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    Has it been officially revealed how many returning pokemon there are in swsh? I've seen people claiming that half the pokedex got thanos'd, but I haven't seen anything official.
    I don't think they announced anything yet, so we have to see.

Signature:
    Artist - ほし; Character - Red Riding Hood; Original Artwork
    Avatar: Artist - Unknown; Character - Unknown; Series - Unknown

Okay, so it's just more dexiter whining. Cool.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Okay, so it's just more dexiter whining. Cool.
    What is a dexiter?

Signature:

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    What is a dexiter?
    Someone who complains incessantly about the national dex not being in swsh.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post

Even if the galar dex gets like 600 pokémon - 150 more than the biggest regional dex so far -, we would still be missing ~300 pokémon. Adding them all in the timespan of an year would mean almost having one new pokémon finished every day... and even then, many would only be add on the verge of the new game coming out.

Not to mention they announced they are working on SwSh for three years already, meaning that however big the galar dex turns out to be, it will be the product of 3 years of work. It is hard to believe in just one year they could raise the amount of pokémon included by 50% or more (and, again, that's working with the already very optimistic possibility of a ~600 dex).
    It's very feasible. Just stop with the "annual" game BS. Especially if we're going to price increase the game by $20. Need $20 more for the Nintendo Subscription just to access the online and making people potentially pay for a Pokemon Storage system.

Someone who complains incessantly about the national dex not being in swsh.
    Oh >_< Yeah, that's not me, I'm gonna get the game, and most likely the Switch Lite since I don't have a TV to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    It's very feasible. Just stop with the "annual" game BS. Especially if we're going to price increase the game by $20. Need $20 more for the Nintendo Subscription just to access the online and making people potentially pay for a Pokemon Storage system.
    Wait you have to pay for an Nintendo Subscription? Is that like X-Box Live/etc. to play with others online? (Does not have a Switch yet.)

Signature:

You should stop linking videos from that guy. He still believes that chinese bootleg is using custom made models and animations, when in truth those are ripped off. His latest videos are all about shitting on the games in any way he can, be it by spreading misinformation or outright lying. He's full of shit, and so are most of his subscribers.

Sorry for the rant, but I just can't stand this toxicity.

EDIT: That video isn't even his, he stole it from someon else, and cut out a good chunk after being proved wrong!
    Last edited by Nekketsu; July 17th, 2019 at 05:36 AM.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Does something like toxic optimism exist? I feel like it should

3DS Friendcode: 1547 - 5175 - 1342

Quote Originally Posted by Coookie View Post
    Does something like toxic optimism exist? I feel like it should
    That would be this guy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ5L0-qwzYg

And I can't believe I find myself agreeing for the first time with an equally toxic poketuber.

But what can you really expect from this, when some folks would rather trust some random guy than the official source or a professional.
    Last edited by Nekketsu; July 17th, 2019 at 06:19 AM.

Yeah, I would avoid giving that channel any views... youtubers in general share the same level of disdain from me, but that guy is just trying to capitalize on hate so it gets on a whole another level. His channel is basically 4chan on video since the dexit controversy started, he realized how much people eat shit like "APOLOGISTS GET DESTROYED" to get that kick that comes from having their frustration be validated and fed so he is just giving them that.

That said, obviously the models are not being remade from scratch. If you are going to make models from the ground up, why the hell would you make them look exactly like old ones instead of making better ones? Also the skills to make exactly identical models would be like Rain Man-level. I don't mind the dexit, I don't mind the game not looking like BotW, but the fact they bothered to come out and lie in our faces to justify it... that's the part that gets me.
    However, lie or not, the fact is that Gamefreak made that statement and they will hold to it. Even if they are just reusing models, it's not like they will suddenly drop 300 extra models on the game after pretending it took 3 years to make the ones already in just for this game.

At this point I would be happy if people could just accept it is what it is and move on rather than keep ruminating the same subject forever - and deciding "I don't accept this and I am not buying this shit" perfectly counts as moving on.

I'm pretty sure GF didn't actually say that all models had to be made from scratch, that has to be a mistranslation. Because one look is all it takes to notice the models are exactly the same from SM.

By the way, that guy also insulted an employee from Serebii after he published a proper translation of the interview, which disproved the claims the other guy made in his video rants. He's just trying to capitalize so bad in the outrage that he doesn't want the truth to ruin his channel.

If i remember correctly they said the models couldn't be transfered so they had to make them from scratch while the animations could be copied.
    But as many people said, the models appear to be pretty much the same right? So there probably was a way to make them exactly as before? I'm a bit confused tbh.
    3DS FC: 0748-2376-4827

With what I know, my guess is that is the textures that need touch ups. Maybe the models if they are too stiff, extra triangles are nice, but if they could be ripped, then they can be ported even easier.

Thing is they have been too opaque with this.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I don't see a Pokemon Go topic but there a tie in with One Piece! Strawhat Pikachu!

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

I feel it's a missed opportunity they didn't go with Chopper hat Pikachu, given their shared voice actresses.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    That would be this guy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ5L0-qwzYg

And I can't believe I find myself agreeing for the first time with an equally toxic poketuber.

But what can you really expect from this, when some folks would rather trust some random guy than the official source or a professional.
    THANK YOU. I like that guy's info, but he gets so up his own ass about things it becomes obnoxious.

Its like people cnt have moderate feelings about this. You gotta viciously hate it or love it with every fiber of your being. Im over here all like "Yeah it sucks not every pokemon will be transferable into the game, but what is there looks really cool!"
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    THANK YOU. I like that guy's info, but he gets so up his own ass about things it becomes obnoxious.

Its like people cnt have moderate feelings about this. You gotta viciously hate it or love it with every fiber of your being. Im over here all like "Yeah it sucks not every pokemon will be transferable into the game, but what is there looks really cool!"
    Yes, this is what it boils down to. Sure, having no national dex is a bummer for many people, but is not like we do not have enough incentives to get invested into the new gen. We do, and so far everything that has been shown is cool stuff. Where were those people when Ruby/Sapphire released and you also couldn't transfer.

And the so called "quality animations" some individuals were nitpicking on is a dumb argument, when in the very first teaser GF released we got to see some cool animations. But who cares about that, let's complain about tail whip that I will make my pokemon forget as soon as it learns its fifth move.
    Last edited by Nekketsu; July 18th, 2019 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Yes, this is what it boils down to. Sure, having no national dex is a bummer for many people, but is not like we do not have enough incentives to get invested into the new gen. We do, and so far everything that has been shown is cool stuff. Where were those people when Ruby/Sapphire released and you also couldn't transfer.

And the so called "quality animations" some individuals were nitpicking on is a dumb argument, when in the very first teaser GF released we got to see some cool animations. But who cares about that, let's complain about tail whip that I will make my pokemon forget as soon as it learns its fifth move.
    1 - The new stuff might be cool but what is really fun to some of us is the new stuff being on top the of the old and expanding upon it. Generation 6 made Clefable one of my favorite Pokemon with the addition of Fairy Type. And I absolutely loved Mega Evolution as it made Sableye, Lopunny and Mawile really good.

2 - Ruby/Sapphire were released when people were around the age of 12.

3 - Ruby/Sapphire were cheaper games.

4 - Transferring Pokemon from generation to generation hadn't been normalized back then like it is now.

5 - Some people were putting money into Pokemon Bank with the expectation that they'd have full access to all of their pokemon in the next game.

And of course people are going to scrutinize the animations. When it's supposedly the reason for an unwelcome change.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information