+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Default Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield

Random encounters are the entire point of Pokémon IMO. Never knowing what you are going to find or run into, which also gives "dungeons" their sense of tension. If the encounter rate is what's annoying, that's what Repels are for. If you can see what you're up against and actively avoid/manipulate it, that takes away most of the thrill. That said I think I would be okay with a sort of generic indicator for encounters on the field (not in dungeons), without revealing exactly what you're about to fight. I guess kind of like they did with the Ultra Wormhole in US/UM, except those didn't move. And they did actually also have a few places where shadows moved around in grass patches without showing you what it was (though it had a silhouette), and running into it initiated a battle. That kind of stuff is fine by me. But also don't remove things like pokémon hiding to ambush you and whatnot.

Anything beyond that would be taking it too far. Ni no Kuni kind of got away with it because enemies were always in groups, and the one on the map did not reveal the actual battle you were going into. Plus a lot of the time rare Familiars were battle adds, not advertised on the map. Still, it let you constantly reload areas and spot-check them for something you wanted, which is lame.

We also already have trainers visible on the map and they sometimes move around, so if you get off on doing as few battles as possible you can still try to avoid grass and dodge trainers.

On another note no follower mons would make me sad. The capability differences between the 3DS and Switch are massive, same as data capacity. It should not be a technical feat.

The first trailer isn't going to show everything, that much is clear. From the content alone I can tell they just wanted let the player take a peek on the ecosystems and towns/cities, while keeping certain old and/or new features out til months later.

We're barely entering Spring now, and the games release is due for late 2019. A bit too early for all the meaty stuff to be displayed, don't you think.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

I think I'll have to get myself a Switch. And a monkey.
    Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:

Now Pokemon has made it to the HD, expect some DLC along the way. Wouldn't be surprised if this gets rid of the old formula of releasing an updated version, many franchises already did that.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Now Pokemon has made it to the HD, expect some DLC along the way. Wouldn't be surprised if this gets rid of the old formula of releasing an updated version, many franchises already did that.
    What makes more money? Releasing a couple dlcs, or releasing the same game again (twice over) and charging 60$ for it both times?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    I mean not really, besides the enviorments all the Pokemon have been in HD since the 3DS era.

All the models have been made in high hd and future proofed since the 3DS just downscalled.

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Pokemon Company desperate to avoid a Battle Revolution situation where horrifying models from Stadium 1 coexist next to much better Gen 4 models. If the 3DS must slowly chug itself to death during double battles, then so be it.

So I doubt we'll have a third game lol, can't think of anything else to go with sword and Shield

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    So I doubt we'll have a third game lol, can't think of anything else to go with sword and Shield
    Knight seems like a fairly logical choice. If they go that route.

Pokemon Spear, Pokemon Lance, Pokemon Axe, Pokemon Knight, Pokemon Armor

Pokemon Sword 2 & Shield 2

Pokemon Ultra/Super/Royal/Mega Sword and Ultra/Super/Royal/Mega Shield

Any one of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Knight seems like a fairly logical choice. If they go that route.
    good point lol

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    Pokemon Spear, Pokemon Lance, Pokemon Axe, Pokemon Knight, Pokemon Armor

Pokemon Sword 2 & Shield 2

Pokemon Ultra/Super/Royal/Mega Sword and Ultra/Super/Royal/Mega Shield

Any one of those.
    now your just trying to make me look stupid

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

There hasn't been a third version since Platinum.

And besides, the real third version for Sword and Shield is obviously Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    What makes more money? Releasing a couple dlcs, or releasing the same game again (twice over) and charging 60$ for it both times?
    Depending on how much DLC is released and how they're priced it can be the former.

Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    I am somewhat gonna miss Pokemon being seen in the overworld, but apparently, there is a subset of people who don't (because they say it takes away from the "enjoyment of new encounters, knowing what you're gonna get before hand).
    The fact that most areas can have anywhere from 5 to 7 type of Pokemon with some overlap in between and the fact that at least half of those may wind up being trash it's not really as big a deal as deal are making it out to be.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; February 28th, 2019 at 05:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I doubt we'll ever see paid DLC for Pokemon, at least for the games developed by Game Freak themselves. Masuda (or possibly it was someone else up there in the company) has gone on record that they hate the practice and don't ever plan on implementing it.

Me personally, I don't really care much about following Pokémon and roll my eyes at most complaints against random encounters in general unless they're like, at NES levels of obnoxiousness and in Pokémon in particular since there are plenty of tool given to you to mitigate them.

I think in the final version you'll probably see some Pokémon milling about the area like Ultra Sun and Moon did; you can already see some birds flying high in the sky in one of the trailer's establishing shots. The routes and towns in the final version will definitely be populated by more people and creatures than just that one Lass.
    Last edited by Crossword; February 28th, 2019 at 05:52 PM.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

I could see follower mons being excluded for the reason of "making Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee a more unique experience" or something along those lines. I would expect a very underwhelming explanation assuming it is excluded. The Switch should definitely be able to handle it.

Sure hope whoever said that took people's requests for the return of the difficulty system from B&W2 to heart and will be officially bringing it back for this game instead of doing what most companies do and sell it as either free or premium DLC.

Which of course we know they won't do cause reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

All I know is this guy better be important.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Gun, obviously.

That aside, they haven't done third games in a decade. They do enhanced sets. It'll be Alpha Sword and Omerga Shield, Ultra Sword and Ultra Shield. If we're lucky, Sword 2 and Shield 2 with actual updates and new story like BW did rather than the thinnest coat of paint possible.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Yeah I mean it's so awesome how Sun and Moon prominently featured Solrock and Lunatone.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...65/428/b9a.jpg

The texture looks more natural, his face looks more round, eyes don't look soulless.
    Wow, the left one looks really good. Like they ripped it out of a high quality anime.

The let's go version looks like a plastic toy.

As for the starters, the water type is my favorite. I always liked the older gen designs where you could get the animal reference at first glance.
    Last edited by Jabra; February 28th, 2019 at 06:55 PM.

I just realized that Gen 6 was just X and Y.

Unless if you count ORAS.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information