+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 86 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1708

Thread: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Default Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield - Galexit Edition

Don't rush the gyms take your time train a few teams complete the curry Dex get all the TRs
    And this campaign might feel long enough to make up for the weakest post game
    Have fun y'all
    If anyone has a different region Ditto hmu I got a sobble
    I'm in Asia so I'm not sure how that works

Does the wondertrade work for anyone? I had a poki up yesterday for around an hour, but nothing happend... or does it get interrupted everytime I get in a pokifight?
    3DS FC: 2707-2567-8190

Quote Originally Posted by KrogGar View Post
    Does the wondertrade work for anyone? I had a poki up yesterday for around an hour, but nothing happend... or does it get interrupted everytime I get in a pokifight?
    I think it's possible you're not connected to the Internet. When you enter the Y-comm, you have to press + to connect to the Internet. Otherwise, you're only sending the pokemon across the local network.
    Word of warning, the wild area gets very laggy once you're connected.
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

What features work with the base internet and what needs the subscription service?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I'm pretty sure the online subscription is needed for just about everything Internet related. Online trading, battling, sharing league cards, joining raid battles...
    Without it, you're playing a strictly single player adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bond en Avant View Post
    I think it's possible you're not connected to the Internet. When you enter the Y-comm, you have to press + to connect to the Internet. Otherwise, you're only sending the pokemon across the local network.
    Word of warning, the wild area gets very laggy once you're connected.
    Damn, thanks for the help. Works now...
    3DS FC: 2707-2567-8190

First shinny is a diggersby. Fate is mocking me.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Bond en Avant View Post
    I'm pretty sure the online subscription is needed for just about everything Internet related. Online trading, battling, sharing league cards, joining raid battles...
    Without it, you're playing a strictly single player adventure.
    That is really such a ridiculously huge step down from the last like, 10 years worth of games.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Why wouldn't Nintendo's biggest IP capitalize on internet subscription money after PSN and Xbox live did it first?

Yes, that's not on Pokémon, but the whole video game indutry that moved on to this model of paying a fee to have access to internet service this latest generation. Microsoft started it, Sony followed, Nintendo did the same.

Still, Pokémon apparently took it a step further by removing things like PSS then and GTS now, most likely so we'll pay an extra fee to use those on Home. It's like whenever GF realizes they did something right, they instantly decide to remove the feature from the game and save it for when it is more profitable. Pokémon history is made of step downs in that sense.

Regarding game experience, btw, after I lost the chance to get Giga Butterfree, I was pleased at least I got its model on the dex so I could check its animations whenever I wanted. Only to find out today that I was apparently too excited about missing my chance that I ended up forgetting to save the game...

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Yes, that's not on Pokémon, but the whole video game indutry that moved on to this model of paying a fee to have access to internet service this latest generation. Microsoft started it, Sony followed, Nintendo did the same.
    Those other companies offer some additional benefits to subscribing like dedicated servers and free games, whereas Nintendo is just gating off user-powered P2P online multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Still, Pokémon apparently took it a step further by removing things like PSS then and GTS now, most likely so we'll pay an extra fee to use those on Home. It's like whenever GF realizes they did something right, they instantly decide to remove the feature from the game and save it for when it is more profitable. Pokémon history is made of step downs in that sense.

Regarding game experience, btw, after I lost the chance to get Giga Butterfree, I was pleased at least I got its model on the dex so I could check its animations whenever I wanted. Only to find out today that I was apparently too excited about missing my chance that I ended up forgetting to save the game...
    Nintendo owns part of The Pokemon Company so Gamefreak had a major inside connection to the big N and completely failed to convince them that if online isn't free, the trading economy will completely die off within a year of each major game's release.

Unfortunately the trading economy is probably going to die off fast anyway now that they've angered hardcore fans and made catching em all impossible, so maybe that's why they didn't bother pushing for free online trading.

Nintendo Switch Online is a lackluster service with no real value, but that's not the fault of this game. You are approaching conspiracy levels here.

At 285 back to work so no more intense capture, right now I finally understood how to get into raids with other people (Y -> event list -> select and join), and had some fun ones, and another one with a trainer with a Tyranitar who tought that it was a good idea to have earthquake in a teamfight.

I dunno how to feel about so many final forms available in the wild area, but I like that rotation on the lake of outrage 8 stone circle.

I'd would like if some of the areas were more dungeon-like instead of just one expanse.

Sand and hail made it hard to close some captures, dusknoir and mawile suicided by weather, and couldn't get them.

The "capture these mons" feature before endgame was weak (would rather the thing that one of the games that I didn't ever play had, and the "route dex" that you fill up), but with the wild area, weather specific spawns (like mawile) at least makes me aware of the combinations for the rarer ones. But I have no way of knowing about Mimikyu or Feebas until the game shows them to me. I could always check tho.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Also, Falinks (who would be sex pistols if I cared to name my mons) is just too cute, stupid, and with Galarean weezing and other snake-like mons are (more) evidence that the game needs a little more love to have these creatures on the overworld.

The smoke of G.Weezing is part of it's model, so if it turns around.. the smoke turns with him.

Onyx/Steelix (I can't remember if wild wailord shows up on the overworld, but him as well) even things that aren't that long like Mudsadle have the instant rotation syndrome.

And Falink combines all of these, plus in his "swagger" animation, Falink has 2 formations, the single line and the triangle one, for the swagger animation they get into the triangle one, but they all jump like it's just one fat mon, instead of 6 little ones. At least the area where they show up the first time is made to avoid seeing the issue, as they just march in straight line from hole to hole.

But they are so cute, back during the spoilers I tought they were some ugly caterpilar so I went "welcome my new bug child" but I'm so conflicted by them being pure fighting.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I lucked out yesterday and caught a Snom on a raid soon after 3rd gym. It was a very welcome catch because I was worried about it being a late pokémon (on top of the friendship based evolution) ruining out Frosmoth as a team member. And thanks to friend ball, soothe bell and some items that dropped its (useless) Attack stat to raise friendship, it just evolved (bittersweet because I wouldn't complain if I had to spend more hours training that weak as fuck shit because Snom is just so impossibly adorable).

With the exception of Morgrem evolving into Grimmsnarl (something that will take a long while because I am keeping levels within the allowed by my badges), my team is already complete before I even got to the 4th Gym:
    - Rillaboom (???)
    - Orbeetle (Doktor Meister)
    - Thievul (Renarto)
    - Dubwool (Beige Phillip)
    - Morgrem (no nickname because, c'mon, Impidimp, Morgrem and Grimmsnarl are already the best possible names)
    - Frosmoth (Mme. Satin)

With the exception of some pokémon from my Alola team, the only time I tried nicknaming my team was in Sinnoh and it went terribly wrong (I gave them anime character names and I just couldn't take those pokémon seriously after that). This time it is going incredibly right, once the right nickname pops up in my head, I instantly grow a lot more attached to the pokémon itself. Right now I am pretty much in love with all of them... except the starter (I tried coming up with a name for it to see if that could trigger the attachment, but I suppose it needs to come spontaneously for it to work. Maybe now it has also evolved).

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Nintendo Switch Online is a lackluster service with no real value, but that's not the fault of this game. You are approaching conspiracy levels here.
    Maybe it didn't come across correctly.
    I was suggesting that Gamefreak should have demanded that Pokemon be exempted from the online fee.

Of course, they could've just bundled a year of Switch Online with each game instead.

That would have been a fun conversation to sit in on, considering the game is probably going to sell tons of subscriptions. You (and I) probably don't really understand Gamefreak's place and role in those matters.

I was hoping they would give a 3-month, or just 1-month subscription along with the game, but at the same time that probably would go against their interests.

Not only Pokémon is probably the game that can get the most online subscriptions to Switch, the fact many players don't stick with a pokémon game for too long would mean a limited free subscription wouldn't have the intended effect of tricking people into paying for more, but instead people would think "one month is more than enough, thank you, you just saved me a few $".

They probly will give us some home time for free, like they did with the bank. Maybe even some free daily trades to hook people up.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I am both entretained and annoyed about how people think that the fossil abominations of nature are chimeras and not natural creatures. Like they believe the Pokédex entry more than gameplay and common sense.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

The fossils are some of my favourites. The idea behind them is just so absurd.
    I got all 4 of them (after lots of Watts spent) and named them Monstrosity, Abomination, Sacrilege, and Desecration.

I'm gonna train them up as a team some day.

Add type null /sylvaly to complete the “I spit in the face of arceus “ team.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information