+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 881: ''Moving Out - The Unstoppable New Fleet Admiral Sakazuki''

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Default 881: ''Moving Out - The Unstoppable New Fleet Admiral Sakazuki''

Akainu's Greatest Hits.

Title: ''Moving Out - The Unstoppable New Fleet Admiral Sakazuki''
    Chapters Covered: some of 905
    Episode Director: Yusuke Suzuki (***)
    Animation Director: Kazuya Hisada (***1/2)
    Time: 8:30PM EST
    Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Default Re: 881: ''Moving Out - The Unstoppable New Fleet Admiral Sakazuki''

The Implacable New Fleet Admiral Sakazuki - Episode 881

One Piece Episode 882 Preview

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Everyone is moving out, it seems.

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

They should've kept the theme by having "Shirahoshi Surfaces/Moves Out'' somewhere in the next episode's title.

More recap so nothing to really remark on here other than Kizaru's new voice. Ryotaro Okiayu's really trying hard to mimic Unsho Ishizuka (RIP) but it's going to take some time for me to get used to it. On the subject of Kizaru I was wondering if the anime was going to keep Kizaru's outfit from Film Z and the recent video games or revert it like the manga did and looks like they did change it. I wonder if Oda forgot that he had already redesigned Kizaru's suit or switched it back because he thought it was too plain or something.

Speaking of admiral designs it looks like thanks to the anime we can make out a tiny bit more of Ryokugyu in the preview than we could in the manga (namely that he's supposed to be bare-chested).
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Outside of like 2 scenes, this is pretty much a filler / recap episode.

Look forward to One Pace splicing this arc to give it its true glory.

A leak by someone (forgot who) says Wano will start in July.

Til then, it's all a little bit of reverie canon mixed with filler. Maybe the final few leading up to july will be the main points of reverie.

Edit: YonkouProductions on Twitter. It was a few threads below this one lol.
    Last edited by YeetHawk420; April 20th, 2019 at 11:59 PM.

Man, the good old days that T-Bone was a fad around here.

Very easily forgettable episode.

Ryotaro Okiayu did a very good job nailing Kizaru's voice.
    Monkey D. D. Ragon! So beastly he got two D's in his name!

Next episode looks promising.....

Duuuude

Oh my god. Fukaboshi, what is...happening there?

The previous recap episodes were well handled personally but this one felt like a huge mess. Just not a very well-structured recap and the balance between recap and new material was poor. First episode I've considered bad in a number of months to be honest so I hope it's just a one time deal.

Also not liking we're back to the almost one minute filler scene before the title card/recap. Hopefully it's gone again after Reverie.

Empress of Diabetes Miss Saturday's Avatar

I cannot fucking believe they're literally ruining the arc all the fanboys were creaming themselves over lmfaooooo
    At least add NEW material as filler. Recaps are the laziest ball slap in existence.

Unpopular opinion. I don't understand why anyone who isn't an anime-only is even excited about re-experiencing the Reverie. It's nice the first time around, but it has almost zero rewatch value aside from
    Spoiler:
    The part where Myosgard clubs Charlos.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    Unpopular opinion. I don't understand why anyone who isn't an anime-only is even excited about re-experiencing the Reverie. It's nice the first time around, but it has almost zero rewatch value aside from
    Spoiler:
    I wouldn't be that harsh, but I will say that due to it being more about hype reveals/information than a fancy fight or what have you, I'm completely fine with it being "sacrificed" for Wano.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    Spoiler:
    You cant be serious. There are a lot of scenes i really cant wait to see animated. And i will rewatch those scenes a looooot of times,until the mysteries around them will be finally revealed,and even after that probably.

Empress of Diabetes Miss Saturday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    I wouldn't be that harsh, but I will say that due to it being more about hype reveals/information than a fancy fight or what have you, I'm completely fine with it being "sacrificed" for Wano.
    Sacrificing a tiny mini-arc full of big character events and reveals for a much larger tent pole arc that's ten trillion chapters long and counting is not a fair trade. They could easily add this filler time to Wano (which lends itself much better to it), than cramming it here in the form of lazy flashbacks.

Duuuude

Yeah, this episode was tough to watch. All we got new was some very brief scenes of Akainu and Kizaru, and some mental thoughts from Sengoku feeding his goat, but 90% of the episode was endless Impel Down/Marineford flashbacks.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information