Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ikue Ohtani (Chopper) Fallen Ill! May Need Temporary Replacement?!

Exclamation Ikue Ohtani (Chopper) Fallen Ill! May Need Temporary Replacement?!

Update:

She's preggers, not ill.

Quote Originally Posted by ANN
    FujiTV reported that Ikue Ohtani was taking a leave of absence because she was in "poor physical condition" (literal translation), based on this ANN reported that she was ill. ANN has now confirmed that Ohtani is not ill, but in in fact on maternity leave. All other information in the news post about her replacements is correct. ANN regrets this mistake.
    Thx to TakinawaTonfa for the info.

週刊少年ジャンプ2006年6・7合併号によると、
    アニメ「ONE PIECE」チョッパー役の声優・大谷育江さんが
    体調不良のため、一時的に降板することになった。
    代役は伊倉一恵さん。
    また「名探偵コナン」の円谷光彦役も折笠愛さんに交代。
    大谷さんは他に「ポケモン」のピカチュウ、
    「金色のガッシュベル」のガッシュなども担当しており、
    これらにも影響があるものと思われる。

ジャンプ誌上のコメントは次の通り。
    「体調不良のため、しばらくお休みいただきます。
    体調が戻り次第、1日でも早く帰ってきたいと
    思います。戻ってくる日を楽しみにして下さい」
    Quote Originally Posted by dythim
    According to Shounen Jump double-issue 6 and 7,
    Chopper's voice actor from the anime One Piece, Ohtani Ikue-san,
    has been temporarily relieved due to illness. Her stand-in will be Ikura Kazue.
    Her role in Detective Conan as Tsuburaya Mitsuhiko has been shifted to Orikasa Ai.
    Ohtani-san's other roles as Pikachu in Pokemon and Gash in Konjiki no Gash Bell also probably have suitable substitutes.

She was quoted in the Jump article as saying:
    "Due to illness, I will be taking a short break. Depending on when my health returns, I want to return on the earliest day possible. Please look forward to having me back!"

Ok, this probably won't be entirely accurate. But it would seem that it was reported in Jump 6-7 that Chopper's seiyuu 'Ikue Ohtani' has fallen sick & will need ongoing medical treatment before she can return to work. Thus she will/may(?) need to be temporarily replaced in her role(s) in One Piece and other shows she's involved in.

Now I could have this entirely 'wrong' but it would seem that Ikura Kazue 伊倉一恵 will/could be her replacement?

The Mystery is Solved Son Conan's Avatar

Oh, man. I hope she gets better.
    Te quise tanto que supe entregarte enterita mi alma
    Te quise tanto que nunca escuche lo que hablaban de mí
    Te quise tanto que para olvidarte una vida no alcanza, que queda
    Perder la esperanza de andar por el mundo buscando por tí.

That's bad news and I hope she gets better. Btw if i remember correctly, Chopper won't say much until they arrive Enies Lobby.

Oh boy! I really hope she gets better soon! She just IS Chopper's voice and it would be a pity to have her away for long!
    Hope all gets well soon *thinks of Chopper's song Twinkle on her CD*
    ~*The princess and the swordsman*~
    How can you not fall in love with him?
    *>Zoro x Vivi shipper forever<*

Quote Originally Posted by gerusama
    Chopper won't say much until they arrive Enies Lobby.
    Yeh, that's true. Once they hit the trains, Chopper really only has a handful of lines. Though, I wonder how many future episodes Toei dubbed/record with the voice actors before her break?

I'd expect at least the next two episodes to feature her, since they were probably recorded weeks ago.

Ugh, now that's bad news. Hope she can recover well and soon.
    And Chopper hopefully won't have a lot of lines, but i feel sorry for Gash.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Ms. Suave Debonair's Avatar

Well that is terrible news but fortunatly it's happened at a time where Chopper isn't a real focus, like was said earlier. Lets just hope she gets better soon.

I'd just thought I'd bring up that I don't think Chopper is the only Strawhat to have his voice replaced temporaily. Didn't Nami's seiyuu change during episodes 70-79 (Little Graden) because of complications and such?

O-chan

Yeh, I believe she was on maternity leave or something during Little Garden.

Hmm, this is just a thought... But aren't some episodes recorded before it airs? If so, do we know exactly what episode they were upto with recordings?
    PSN - EvilGamerX
    3DS Friend Code - 0344-9277-3361

Just can't take it anymore RomanGod's Avatar

Wow.... Chopper doesn't talk much during this saga so he might not have anything to worry about...

But I wonder what they're gonna do with Gash/Zatch or Pikachu, cause they proboally are constantly speaking in their current episodes.

Hmmm... In any case, I hope she get's better.
    Everything was all for nothing

I don't think Pikachu will be much of a problem since all he/she says is 'pikachu' and they must have a zillion recordings of that already.

Anyway, get well soon! Chopper's VA has such an awsome cutesy voice.
    Hi MF

Quote Originally Posted by taboo
    I don't think Pikachu will be much of a problem since all he/she says is 'pikachu' and they must have a zillion recordings of that already.
    That statement just made me think of the Simpsons episode where Homer was doing the VA for Poochie and the other VA told him that she did only one Beep for Road Runner because two were too expensive for the studio. :laugh:

Well anyways, back on topic. I hope she gets well soon.

We are just that damn maji Dragon Warrior Steve's Avatar

Aw man, this sucks. I hope she gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Yeh, I believe she was on maternity leave or something during Little Garden.
    Nami had a different va in little garden?! I didnt notcie.

This sucks tho ah man. Yeah i feel sorry for gash bell ugh

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

Aw, poor Ikue :( I hope it's nothing serious.
    It certainly would be strange hearing another voice doing her characters temporarily.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

週刊少年ジャンプ2006年6・7合併号によると、
    アニメ「ONE PIECE」チョッパー役の声優・大谷育江さんが
    体調不良のため、一時的に降板することになった。
    代役は伊倉一恵さん。
    また「名探偵コナン」の円谷光彦役も折笠愛さんに交代。
    大谷さんは他に「ポケモン」のピカチュウ、
    「金色のガッシュベル」のガッシュなども担当しており、
    これらにも影響があるものと思われる。

ジャンプ誌上のコメントは次の通り。
    「体調不良のため、しばらくお休みいただきます。
    体調が戻り次第、1日でも早く帰ってきたいと
    思います。戻ってくる日を楽しみにして下さい」
    According to Shounen Jump double-issue 6 and 7,
    Chopper's voice actor from the anime One Piece, Ohtani Ikue-san,
    has been temporarily relieved due to illness. Her stand-in will be Ikura Kazue.
    Her role in Detective Conan as Tsuburaya Mitsuhiko has been shifted to Orikasa Ai.
    Ohtani-san's other roles as Pikachu in Pokemon and Gash in Konjiki no Gash Bell also probably have suitable substitutes.

She was quoted in the Jump article as saying:
    "Due to illness, I will be taking a short break. Depending on when my health returns, I want to return on the earliest day possible. Please look forward to having me back!"

**Note 1:
    Tsuburaya Mitsuhiko is the polite-talking boy in Conan's Detective Boys club. (She almost always does male voices...)
    **Note 2: Nami's voice, Okamura Akemi, also had a substitute for all of Little Garden. The rumors are that she had maternity leave, which fits with the graceful nature of her substitution (exactly one arc), but I've never seen an actual source for this. Her replacement was
    Yamazaki Wakana who also played Nojiko, her sister.

Discovered Stowaway DarkShinobi's Avatar

Surprisingly, I didn't notice much of a difference in Nami's voice during Little Garden. Maybe it was just me....

I'm sad to hear this, and I hope she gets better soon...

But I couldn't help but think instantly of Chopper running around screaming "Doctor!! Wait, that's me." =)

that's Sad, I hope she gets better soon. and I know EVERYONE has said this already, but At least Chopper has Extremely Few lines in this part. in fact, I cant Remember ANY!!!...
    EDIT: I just Checked, Chopper DOES have one small Scene when *POSSIBLE SPOILERs BEYOND THIS POINT* him and Luffy "Meet" The Sogeking, But all it is is a Few lines, Mostly "COOOOOOL. SO AWESOME." and "Where is Sniper Island?" and basically a few more lines like that, other than that I can't even Find a place where he appears as part of the Main focus of a panel until the Big Spread of all the Mugiwaras Standing on CH390, and A look of Spurprise and saying "OH" when Sogeking "Flew"

Closed Thread

Thread Information