+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 121 to 136 of 136

Thread: Chapter 945: Olin

  1. #121

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    It has more to do with most Charlotte children being pretty good chefs themselves in addition to the paramecia bonus effect. Cracker’s biscuits are so hard, because Cracker himself is a baker who knew how to make hardtack. An average person who didn’t know about hardtack would not be able to create them, even with df power.

    ... and, before you claim hardtack isn’t that hard in real life. I have to remind you “normal cola” in One Piece world can stay permanently fuzzy and packed enough firepower to propel a ship one kilometer forward. For all we know, those producer devil fruits might only be creating things that existed normally in One Piece world.

  2. #122
    Your long-lost brother Jabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    (ಥ ͜ʖ ಥ)

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Cracker is not baking any biscuits! The dough leaves his body and hardens on its own. This is, if at all, mastery of the fruit itself (which anyone could learn).

    Cracker's skills as a chef allow him to sculpture the life-like biscuits giants, that's 100% on him. He also invented his own jam that has nothing to do with his fruit.

    But the biscuit fruit would still have the same basic pros and cons on a non-chef. If Luffy had that fruit instead the Biscuit Soldiers would look like total shit, but they are potentially just as hard as Cracker's (without his super coa, of course).


  3. #123

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Luffy would just use the biscuits to beat on people.

    Biscuit hammer smash

  4. #124
    21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arizona

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Speaking of them, are they waiting for Katakuri to come to Wano to fix their mess or something?

  5. #125

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    The Vivre Card convo makes me feel like something may happen to O-Lin

  6. #126
    Bionic Boi krule274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Who is that carpenter?!

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    The Vivre Card convo makes me feel like something may happen to O-Lin
    Which convo? I forget.
    Praise our king, First fist of the Sea, DonMarimo DoBuggino exploring Bonesbeard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    If someone seriously claimed that Whitebeard was running a vibrator business as his second job you'd ignore him as a troll.
    3DS FC: 2406-5148-3376

  7. #127

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Quote Originally Posted by krule274 View Post
    Which convo? I forget.
    934, Perospero said that the card was okay, so BM is okay. That being brought up makes me think that it will be the way they perceive her condition from outside of Wano. "Oda's Gun" (Chehkov's Gun)

  8. #128

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    I think at this point we’re arguing over completely different things. Cracker is not baking those biscuits, but he needs to know about them to fully utilize them, it is literally the same for all devil fruit users. Caesar Clown needs to have proper knowledge about gas and chemical interactions to use df to more potential, you think someone like Luffy who probably couldn’t spell oxygen would be able to know manipulate air components to suffocate people? There is a reason Cracker has to be a chef, there is a reason Ceasor Clown has to be a scientist, and there is a reason Law has to specifically be a surgeon (and not a physician) etc. If you could understand this concept for people like Caesar Clown and Law etc., but completely failed to grasp the exact same concept for Cracker, then that is all on you.

    EDIT: before anyone claim One Piece didn’t differentiate various types of doctors, One Piece actually did. Chopper is very obvious a physician (weapon of choice is a “pill”) and Law is very obvious a surgeon (weapon of choice is a “scalpel”), there is a reason it can NOT be the other way around.
    Last edited by fakescorpion; June 15th, 2019 at 06:12 PM.

  9. #129

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Quote Originally Posted by fakescorpion View Post
    I think at this point we’re arguing over completely different things. Cracker is not baking those biscuits, but he needs to know about them to fully utilize them, it is literally the same for all devil fruit users. Caesar Clown needs to have proper knowledge about gas and chemical interactions to use df to more potential, you think someone like Luffy who probably couldn’t spell oxygen would be able to know manipulate air components to suffocate people? There is a reason Cracker has to be a chef, there is a reason Ceasor Clown has to be a scientist, and there is a reason Law has to specifically be a surgeon (and not a physician) etc. If you could understand this concept for people like Caesar Clown and Law etc., but completely failed to grasp the exact same concept for Cracker, then that is all on you.

    EDIT: before anyone claim One Piece didn’t differentiate various types of doctors, One Piece actually did. Chopper is very obvious a physician (weapon of choice is a “pill”) and Law is very obvious a surgeon (weapon of choice is a “scalpel”), there is a reason it can NOT be the other way around.
    Chopper will deliver a child by the eos, idc

  10. #130
    Your long-lost brother Jabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    (ಥ ͜ʖ ಥ)

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Quote Originally Posted by fakescorpion View Post
    I think at this point we’re arguing over completely different things. Cracker is not baking those biscuits, but he needs to know about them to fully utilize them, it is literally the same for all devil fruit users.
    Why does Cracker need to know about the production of biscuits when that's the basic thing the fruit does? The cookie dough leaves his body and then hardens into a biscuit. It's the freaking name of the fruit - BISCUIT BISCUIT.

    No one needs to be a chef in order to utilise that basic functionality. He's basically Mr. 3 reloaded, who created wax that was hard as iron, but he was also a gifted artist who could sculpt the wax into various tools before it hardened. Anyone could produce iron-hard wax with his fruit, but few could form it into a mecha suit or a gigantic, candle-like work of art.

    Caesar Clown needs to have proper knowledge about gas and chemical interactions to use df to more potential, you think someone like Luffy who probably couldn’t spell oxygen would be able to know manipulate air components to suffocate people? There is a reason Cracker has to be a chef, there is a reason Ceasor Clown has to be a scientist, and there is a reason Law has to specifically be a surgeon (and not a physician) etc. If you could understand this concept for people like Caesar Clown and Law etc., but completely failed to grasp the exact same concept for Cracker, then that is all on you.
    No one needs to be a doctor to create a Room with Law's fruit and no one needs to be a scientist in order to emit gas with Caesar's logia. Are these fruits in the best possible hands, with both users realizing the full potential? Yeah, sure. But they are not inventing the basic functionality.

    If you could understand this concept for people like Caesar Clown and Law etc., but completely failed to grasp the exact same concept for Cracker, then that is all on you.
    You called the biscuit fruit "objectively lame", and I believe that's because you deny the fruit even it's basic ability - creating biscuits. But why would the user of the fruit need to know a thing about the creation of biscuits when the fruit does exactly that already? It creates biscuits! Cracker doesn't need to know about the correct ratio between sugar, butter, flour, eggs and salt in order to create biscuits, the same way Galdino doesn't have to know the exact mixture of hydrocarbon molecules in order to emit wax (he's an artist, not a chemist - and because he's an artist he creates wonderful wax-mecha suits and giant candle constructs of doom).

    The entire character of Cracker is Oda paying respect to chefs that are also food artists. Cracker's art skills don't make the biscuits more biscuity, but he can fool his enemies into thinking that his puppets are real because he's just that good when it comes to sculpting food. That's his unique take on the Devil Fruit, other users wouldn't be able to do that.

    That's also why the biscuit fruit isn't objectively lame, the same way the mochi fruit isn't objectively lame. The ability to emit ANY substance in unlimited quantities is incredibly useful, especially with haki coatings and other shenanigans. And there are actually very few of them around that aren't classified as logia.
    Seriously, I would even take a Poop-paramecia over most other fruits of that class.

    Do what Katakuri does, just with poop.

    Spoiler:


    I could even become a poop-artist!

    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:


  11. #131

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Speaking of them, are they waiting for Katakuri to come to Wano to fix their mess or something?
    For what reason, they already have with Smoothie a Sweet Commander at hand to deal with their..... oh wait, nvm

  12. #132

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Do what Katakuri does.
    .... so apparently you failed to understand both Cracker AND Katakuri. Katakuri was NOT making those into “random shape” as you apparently believed. Most of Katakuri’s techniques are modeled after actual types of dish, named after actual types of dish, and have qualities based on actual types of dish. The picture you provided is kagami mochi, that... guess what? ... were actually known to accidentally choke people to death in Japan during New Years every year. You honestly thought it was pure coincidence that Katakuri would specifically use kagami mochi to choke people, when there are hundreds of other mochi recipes in the world??

  13. #133
    Your long-lost brother Jabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    (ಥ ͜ʖ ಥ)

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Quote Originally Posted by fakescorpion View Post
    .... so apparently you failed to understand both Cracker AND Katakuri. Katakuri was NOT making those into “random shape” as you apparently believed. Most of Katakuri’s techniques are modeled after actual types of dish, named after actual types of dish, and have qualities based on actual types of dish. The picture you provided is kagami mochi, that... guess what? ... were actually known to accidentally choke people to death in Japan during New Years every year. You honestly thought it was pure coincidence that Katakuri would specifically use kagami mochi to choke people, when there are hundreds of other mochi recipes in the world??
    Of course the names of the attacks are flavorful, they always are. But it's still Mochi on top of Mochi. Anyone who awakend the fruit could have done that attack, maybe just without the artistic aspect (forming it into perfect shapes, that's indeed on Katakuri).

    But the functionality of the fruit remains the same, the usefulness remains the same, regardless of the user. Remember, you argued that only the Charlotte Family could make those "objectively lame" fruits work. But just imagine Luffy having the Mochi fruit - do you believe that he would need to know how Kagami Mochi is made just in order to drop massive amounts of mochi on his enemy?

    Cracker is the only one who has a real, tangible benefit from being a master food artist, since that allows him to fool people into thinking that his Soldiers are actually real. It's still an amazing ability for every non-chef, though.


  14. #134
    Ou l‘optimisme Candide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    I would love, if we would learn, that Luffy was reading books like “The Ageing of Materials and Structures” or “Investigation of Elastomeric Behaviour under Pressure” on their way to W7...
    Last edited by Candide; June 18th, 2019 at 01:54 PM.

  15. #135

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Of course the names of the attacks are flavorful, they always are. But it's still Mochi on top of Mochi.
    This is like talking to a brick wall. I’m done.

  16. #136
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Chapter 945: Olin

    Sure, Katakuri used kagami mochi because he knows they choke people in Japan every New Years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts