+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 951: Rampage

Default Re: Chapter 951: Rampage

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    After Oda went through the trouble of redoing the scene panel by panel, now I'm hoping Luffy will get a weapon as well so he and Teach can do the same in the future and complete the "Emperors Splitting the Sky Trilogy"

https://i.postimg.cc/Kv4DPvYN/allemperors.png

I wonder what kind of weapon could fit him, though. First thing that comes to mind would be a gauntlet, but with Haki it becomes kinda redundant.
    They'll mostly likely use their fists. That's how Blackbeard do most of the time as well.

Speculation

Whoever sucked in Capone b4 timeskip, possibly had him plant himself in BM's organization.

This person might be the Rox captain or crewmate that Shanks is speaking about to the Gorosei.

This person will either kill or form a partnership with BM and/or Kaido.

This person can also be Weevil's true father.

A possible mastermind near the scheming level of Teach.

This may be the lurking legend

Discovered Stowaway

After Oda went through the trouble of redoing the scene panel by panel, now I'm hoping Luffy will get a weapon as well so he and Teach can do the same in the future and complete the "Emperors Splitting the Sky Trilogy"

https://i.postimg.cc/Kv4DPvYN/allemperors.png

I wonder what kind of weapon could fit him, though. First thing that comes to mind would be a gauntlet, but with Haki it becomes kinda redundant.
    My guess will be Luffy using an Elephant Gun and Blackbeard will match it with a Kidd-esque giant metal (or other substance or combination of substances) fist he ejects from his gravity field (like when he released all the ruined buildings he absorbed) as a new form of attack. Surely BB will have gained more control over his power after two years so he can probably manipulate how the objects he expels move, possibly with some gravity-related telekinesis.

The clash was meh. Big Mom's swing is strange and the panel is small. It should have been a double page with the swing in one and the splittings skies in the other. Also a better for Big Mom.

The page before that is much better. Big Mom reminds me of some of those really expreasive paintings you see in asian folklore where it almost feels like an aura is emanating and she's a devil or maybe an ogre.

Law sacrificing himself for his crew is cool. I hope he doesn't have a plan and if he eacapes it's by luck.

Not a fan of Robin facefaulting all the time now.

So is King the third race? I assumed he was one the other 2 races that are alive and well. And the third has been recently extinguished or is mentioned in the stones.

Seeing Big Mom and Kaido I can totally see how them Whitebeard and Roger are all cut from similar clothes. Bunch of arrogant assholes that believe no one can touch them and are always doing what they want. Also before Roger they were all gigantic. Shanks and Blackbeard are the weirdos.

Discovered Stowaway

Why...did Kaido have her cuffs removed? Is he just in the mood for a fight and wanted someone who could actually compete with him? Why bother subduing her with force when she could be restrained to a severe degree and, if necessarily, repeatedly knocked out given how it's obviously very possible to do so?

Now that I think of it, the only thing I can come up with is, it's Oda trying to give Kaido a reason to not be at his strongest when the assault on Onigashima happens. He's not coming out of this scuffle unscathed so even though Luffy hasn't got a chance of standing up to him, whatever there is that will power him up will at least let him maybe strike at a weak point on Kaido that Big Mom opens up. Kinda like Broly's knife wound from his father being a weak point for Goku to exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Why...did Kaido have her cuffs removed? Is he just in the mood for a fight and wanted someone who could actually compete with him? Why bother subduing her with force when she could be restrained to a severe degree and, if necessarily, repeatedly knocked out given how it's obviously very possible to do so?

Now that I think of it, the only thing I can come up with is, it's Oda trying to give Kaido a reason to not be at his strongest when the assault on Onigashima happens. He's not coming out of this scuffle unscathed so even though Luffy hasn't got a chance of standing up to him, whatever there is that will power him up will at least let him maybe strike at a weak point on Kaido that Big Mom opens up. Kinda like Broly's knife wound from his father being a weak point for Goku to exploit.
    Classic shonen move where the respect the upper echelon has for each other makes them disregard logic. Chains is beneath them. He needs to personally display their current position.

My guess will be Luffy using an Elephant Gun and Blackbeard will match it with a Kidd-esque giant metal (or other substance or combination of substances) fist he ejects from his gravity field (like when he released all the ruined buildings he absorbed) as a new form of attack. Surely BB will have gained more control over his power after two years so he can probably manipulate how the objects he expels move, possibly with some gravity-related telekinesis.
    OR
    Luffy punch attack ( which ever) vs Blackbeard using Gura-Gura attackk, think back to Akainu vs Whitebeard

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Napoleon got some serious street cred boost by clashing with Kaido's club. He always felt like the weakest BM homie next to a literal sun and thunderstorm, but look at that!
    Good catch. I wonder what kind of technique she used because if Luffy got k.o.ed by the Kairoseki Club, why didn't it effect Napoleon? Shouldn't it weaken the homie???
    What reason would there be to interfere with a man's departure?
    Monkey D. Dragon

Nintendo ID: 0.o.MUGIWARA.o.0

I don't remember when Kanabo-sama was confirmed as having or being of Kairoseki. Was it the Vivre Cards that said this?

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    They'll mostly likely use their fists. That's how Blackbeard do most of the time as well.
    B-but my OCD... yeah, it will probably be just his fist. Still, would be cool if each Emperor could have a unique weapon following the 4 original ones and see how Oda would integrate a weapon to Luffy's fighting style without changing it too much.

Out of respect, most likely. They used to be on the same crew, so their relationship is probably not as simple as rivals who want to take each other down. Think about things going south for the SH and 40 years from now, Zoro and Nami and on bad terms and are rivals. Even in a scenario where they would become enemies, I doubt they would allow the other to be disrespected by their subordinates.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    The clash was meh. Big Mom's swing is strange and the panel is small. It should have been a double page with the swing in one and the splittings skies in the other. Also a better for Big Mom.

The page before that is much better. Big Mom reminds me of some of those really expreasive paintings you see in asian folklore where it almost feels like an aura is emanating and she's a devil or maybe an ogre.
    It was the same for the Shanks x Whitebeard clash. Small panels of them drawing their weapons and clashing, a big one of the clouds being ripped apart. Oda probably just wanted to draw both scenes as similar as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    I don't remember when Kanabo-sama was confirmed as having or being of Kairoseki. Was it the Vivre Cards that said this?
    Nope. Just assumption because it managed to hurt Luffy, I suppose, although it could be just haki.

I'm just bummed that Blacky von beardington stopped using his little wolverine claw. It was good enough to cat scratch shanksu with but suddenly it isn't good enough to wield as an emperor tsk tsk

Shanks will give luffy his sword since he dies so no use for it anyway. Or sabo's pipe if he dies.
    I'm all for luffy getting kaidou's club. But the best weapon will always be crocodile's golden hook, everything else is mediocre.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; August 6th, 2019 at 08:37 AM.

There are many theories that say that Luffy will get a pole, and that with his awakening he will be able to make the pole extend; making a reference to the Monkey God Sun Wukong, a mythological character in which Luffy is highly inspired.
    (the pole won't be that thick though)

Blackbeard will get an epic weapon and they will both clash with their weapons, splitting the skies.

"Those questions better be worth it, or else your descendants will regret it"

Quote Originally Posted by Scretch View Post
    There are many theories that say that Luffy will get a pole, and that with his awakening he will be able to make the pole extend; making a reference to the Monkey God Sun Wukong, a mythological character in which Luffy is highly inspired.
    https://i.pinimg.com/736x/60/07/26/6...59189c8e4e.jpg(the pole won't be that thick though)

Blackbeard will get an epic weapon and they will both clash with their weapons, splitting the skies.
    More likely Luffy is based on Goku who was based on Sun Wukong, lol.

Nami already has an extending pole, though... and a rideable cloud (at least Linlin can ride it), so if Oda is going for a Sun Wukong reference she is already two steps ahead of Luffy.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    More likely Luffy is based on Goku who was based on Sun Wukong, lol.
    Yeah I was gonna say that too, but Luffy is also based a lot of Sun Wukong in particular, like the fact Luffy resembles him by being an anti-god who is against the gods (Tenryuubitos). The same goes to Zoro(Ashura) and Sanji(Satan).

Almost Pokemon Master chaosceptor's Avatar

The only obvious reason why King and Urouge wings are bigger than the on of a normal Birkan is because of their sizes. Urouge is already big enough as the size of a pacifista and King is comparably the size of Queen. The bigger the body, the bigger than wings need to be so they can fly. Normal size Birkans, like Ohm, have normal size wings.
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Wp4Wuc613p0/hqdefault.jpg
    Normal Size Wings

Tenguyama's is already a big man, so because of that his wings are extremely big.
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...path-prefix=es

The wings' size depends on the person's weight and height. Again, this is a theory, so it's possible the King and Tenguyama are indeed from different race which Urogue is not from.
    Not that the Anime is anything for canon size measurements, but Tengu appears to be approximately Luffy's height without the Geta Sandals.

I can see King being some "Phoenix" version of the Birkans with some un-introduced properties that make his race so rare in the present. His hair is literal fire.
    Anything humans can imagine is a possibility in reality-Physicist Willy Karen

Quote Originally Posted by chaosceptor View Post
    Not that the Anime is anything for canon size measurements, but Tengu appears to be approximately Luffy's height without the Geta Sandals.

I can see King being some "Phoenix" version of the Birkans with some un-introduced properties that make his race so rare in the present. His hair is literal fire.
    That would be very interesting to see. It would make the "Marco the Phoenix vs. King the Phoenix Birkan" fight even cooler.

Luffy can devellop a big pole with his awakening

B-but my OCD... yeah, it will probably be just his fist. Still, would be cool if each Emperor could have a unique weapon following the 4 original ones and see how Oda would integrate a weapon to Luffy's fighting style without changing it too much.

Out of respect, most likely. They used to be on the same crew, so their relationship is probably not as simple as rivals who want to take each other down. Think about things going south for the SH and 40 years from now, Zoro and Nami and on bad terms and are rivals. Even in a scenario where they would become enemies, I doubt they would allow the other to be disrespected by their subordinates.

It was the same for the Shanks x Whitebeard clash. Small panels of them drawing their weapons and clashing, a big one of the clouds being ripped apart. Oda probably just wanted to draw both scenes as similar as possible.

Nope. Just assumption because it managed to hurt Luffy, I suppose, although it could be just haki.
    OK, I see. Weird that I didn't get a notification for this tho

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/60/07/26/6...59189c8e4e.jpg(the pole won't be that thick though)

Yeah, i've seen many speculations and theories on it. I did something different tho because the rubber environment thing was used too much

Nami already has an extending pole, though... and a rideable cloud (at least Linlin can ride it), so if Oda is going for a Sun Wukong reference she is already two steps ahead of Luffy.
    The duo that defeated Cracker might return

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information