+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 951: Rampage

Default Re: Chapter 951: Rampage

Quote Originally Posted by Kzmrlo View Post
    What if BB will use his devil fruit on a ancien weapon as god Ener used his devil fruit on that ship?
    Do you think Nami and Luffy will defeat someone in wano's arc? Who?
    If this is Oda, blink twice

Also, I don't think a team up is impossible in Wano

Another reason why it's possible Luffy will get a pole as a weapon is because he used to battle with a pipe when he was a kid, making him have a little bit of skill when it comes to using a pole.

"Those questions better be worth it, or else your descendants will regret it"

Where was Ace's pole when he needed it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Where was Ace's pole when he needed it?
    It melted because of his df.

Quote Originally Posted by Scretch View Post
    Yeah I was gonna say that too, but Luffy is also based a lot of Sun Wukong in particular, like the fact Luffy resembles him by being an anti-god who is against the gods (Tenryuubitos). The same goes to Zoro(Ashura) and Sanji(Satan).
    do you get french ?
    check that out for the demon crew theory;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHFBw2OJ3Xw

o
    r here in english but less well made;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7jKuF6Ppr8
    Last edited by O baba; August 6th, 2019 at 04:00 PM.

This theory about Luffy getting a pole is very interesting, although I don't see it happening for aesthetic reasons (it would change Luffy's iconic fighting style).

That said, that would be a really good use for Luffy's awakening, since it doesn't seem very productive to transform the floor and walls into rubber (unless Luffy intends to bounce around like Bellamy).

Quote Originally Posted by O baba View Post
    do you get french ?
    check that out for the demon crew theory;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHFBw2OJ3Xw

o
    r here in english but less well made;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7jKuF6Ppr8
    Thanks for the videos. Also, Nico Robin resembles the "anti-god" part by her epithet "Devil Child".

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    This theory about Luffy getting a pole is very interesting, although I don't see it happening for aesthetic reasons (it would change Luffy's iconic fighting style).

That said, that would be a really good use for Luffy's awakening, since it doesn't seem very productive to transform the floor and walls into rubber (unless Luffy intends to bounce around like Bellamy).
    It could go similar with what happens with Trunks from Dragon Ball Z/Dragon Ball Super. He posses a sword, but he doesn't fights with the sword all the time. He only uses it to finish of his foes; like what happened with Frieza.

Therefore, he could use his pole to finish off his foes or use it to deal strong strikes with it.

Here I give you a fanmaded "Gear 5 Luffy" and his usage with his pole(Source:https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/co...gear_5_part_1/):

Quote Originally Posted by Scretch View Post
    It melted because of his df.
    Doesn't seems to bother Sabo though.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Doesn't seems to bother Sabo though.
    Maybe because of his haki, which Ace probably didn't know how to use before melting his pole.

You're throwing the whole purpose of Nyoibou out the window if a rubber-man who attacks from great distance by stretching his arm is using it as a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by K466 View Post
    You're throwing the whole purpose of Nyoibou out the window if a rubber-man who attacks from great distance by stretching his arm is using it as a weapon.
    To be fair, Katakuri used a trident.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    To be fair, Katakuri used a trident.
    To be fair, he had a terrible use of his foresight.

After this chapter it feels like we're going to fast forward through most of the 8 days before the big battle. I don't see any way another act could come between the events of this chapter and the climax.

We have Law's situation, Zoro going after his sword, Big Mom's fate after this clash, Kawamatsu's whereabouts, Luffy recovering, Franky fixing up the ships, Kid going after the rest of his crew, and other loose ends like minks and possibly Jinbe finally coming into the fold. But I don't see much of that being expanded upon to warrant another act. So I'm thinking Act 3 is going to be even longer than this one and then the usual post-arc stuff which may or may not fill another act.

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    After this chapter it feels like we're going to fast forward through most of the 8 days before the big battle. I don't see any way another act could come between the events of this chapter and the climax.

We have Law's situation, Zoro going after his sword, Big Mom's fate after this clash, Kawamatsu's whereabouts, Luffy recovering, Franky fixing up the ships, Kid going after the rest of his crew, and other loose ends like minks and possibly Jinbe finally coming into the fold. But I don't see much of that being expanded upon to warrant another act. So I'm thinking Act 3 is going to be even longer than this one and then the usual post-arc stuff which may or may not fill another act.
    We're definitely not skipping most of it. People said the same thing when the arc got underway, that they didn't see how the alliance would survive these two weeks to begin with, especially after Kaido destroyed Luffy, yet we're already several days in with Luffy now having control of the Udon prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    We're definitely not skipping most of it. People said the same thing when the arc got underway, that they didn't see how the alliance would survive these two weeks to begin with, especially after Kaido destroyed Luffy, yet we're already several days in with Luffy now having control of the Udon prison.
    I'm not questioning how everything is going to come together. I just don't think everything is going to be spelled out before the final battle. The only thing that I could think of that would give enough content for another act would be if the Oden flashback came sooner than expected or if the marines came into the fold for whatever reason. But I feel like those events are more likely to happen in the same act as the final battle.

I think this Act ends with a revelation connected to Hiyori, Shusui and Zoro. There's a lot of things that went silent when the Yasuie stuff came up like who is Witching Hour Boy, Tenguyama, Gyakimaru and the Kokeshi dolls. I still wonder if there's more to Hiyori's reaction to when Zoro said "Santoryu". Maybe because he's the only weirdo that does something like that or it's something familiar

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

I like the setup of our main characters as enemies of the state alot. Appropriately illustrates how the original plan has gone off the rails. Makes the big showdown coming up more about redeeming personal failures than anything else.

On another note, I like the look of the abandoned port, there's just something about decrepit architecture that gives it a sense of ambience. You can see the admiration for ships Oda has there.

I thought of Godzilla as the embodiment of violence and hatred for mankind, because he was created by atomic energy. He's like a symbol of humanity's complicity in their own destruction. He doesn't have an emotion. He is an emotion. Jun Fukuda

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    I'm not questioning how everything is going to come together. I just don't think everything is going to be spelled out before the final battle. The only thing that I could think of that would give enough content for another act would be if the Oden flashback came sooner than expected or if the marines came into the fold for whatever reason. But I feel like those events are more likely to happen in the same act as the final battle.
    I know that's what you're saying. I disagree. I won't pretend I'll be able to predict what will happen in the coming days, as it's not like I could predict most of what has occurred in Act 2 either. I'm just confident that Oda wouldn't repeatedly stress how many days are left just to go ahead and suddenly skip through most of them.

Okay, so we already know that Oda is going all in on this Wano (Japan) arc and has already included many beasts/creatures/beings from Japanese folklore.

As soon as Luffy woke up he encountered a Komainu named Komachiyo. Then in a recent SBS Oda also explained that there are other creatures with flaming fur called Komashika (Hawkin's mount), Komadane, and Komatori.

Of course we have also been introduced to a Tengu or Daitengu named Hitetsu and a Kappa named Kawamatsu, both very famous Yokai from Japanese lore.

So considering the existance of all these beings, why couldn't King's race also come from Japanese lore. I will offer my opinion that King is a Karura.

Karura are bird-like creatures and actually are the Japanese equivalent to the Garuda from Hinduism. They have the wings and face/beak of a bird. Continuing with this "bird" theme but knowing Oda wanted all of Kaido's All-Stars to be dinosaurs or ancient zoan related he gave King the pteranadon devil fruit to still give him wings and a beak but not break from the ancient zoan theme.

They are also heavily associated with fire and said to breath fire. The fire halo that appears behind some beings is also referred to as the "karura flame" and that is what King has. That isn't his hair.

Interestingly, they are also the mortal enemies of naga in Hinduism and snakes/dragons in Japanese Buddhist lore. It is also said that a dragon can only escape a karura by possessing a Buddhist talisman or converting to Buddhism.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Zeorn View Post
    Okay, so we already know that Oda is going all in on this Wano (Japan) arc and has already included many beasts/creatures/beings from Japanese folklore.

As soon as Luffy woke up he encountered a Komainu named Komachiyo. Then in a recent SBS Oda also explained that there are other creatures with flaming fur called Komashika (Hawkin's mount), Komadane, and Komatori.

Of course we have also been introduced to a Tengu or Daitengu named Hitetsu and a Kappa named Kawamatsu, both very famous Yokai from Japanese lore.

So considering the existance of all these beings, why couldn't King's race also come from Japanese lore. I will offer my opinion that King is a Karura.

Karura are bird-like creatures and actually are the Japanese equivalent to the Garuda from Hinduism. They have the wings and face/beak of a bird. Continuing with this "bird" theme but knowing Oda wanted all of Kaido's All-Stars to be dinosaurs or ancient zoan related he gave King the pteranadon devil fruit to still give him wings and a beak but not break from the ancient zoan theme.

They are also heavily associated with fire and said to breath fire. The fire halo that appears behind some beings is also referred to as the "karura flame" and that is what King has. That isn't his hair.

Interestingly, they are also the mortal enemies of naga in Hinduism and snakes/dragons in Japanese Buddhist lore. It is also said that a dragon can only escape a karura by possessing a Buddhist talisman or converting to Buddhism.

Most believable speculation about King so far.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information