+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 951: Rampage

Default Re: Chapter 951: Rampage

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    We're definitely not skipping most of it. People said the same thing when the arc got underway, that they didn't see how the alliance would survive these two weeks to begin with, especially after Kaido destroyed Luffy, yet we're already several days in with Luffy now having control of the Udon prison.
    I'm not questioning how everything is going to come together. I just don't think everything is going to be spelled out before the final battle. The only thing that I could think of that would give enough content for another act would be if the Oden flashback came sooner than expected or if the marines came into the fold for whatever reason. But I feel like those events are more likely to happen in the same act as the final battle.

I think this Act ends with a revelation connected to Hiyori, Shusui and Zoro. There's a lot of things that went silent when the Yasuie stuff came up like who is Witching Hour Boy, Tenguyama, Gyakimaru and the Kokeshi dolls. I still wonder if there's more to Hiyori's reaction to when Zoro said "Santoryu". Maybe because he's the only weirdo that does something like that or it's something familiar

I like the setup of our main characters as enemies of the state alot. Appropriately illustrates how the original plan has gone off the rails. Makes the big showdown coming up more about redeeming personal failures than anything else.

On another note, I like the look of the abandoned port, there's just something about decrepit architecture that gives it a sense of ambience. You can see the admiration for ships Oda has there.

“I thought of Godzilla as the embodiment of violence and hatred for mankind, because he was created by atomic energy. He's like a symbol of humanity's complicity in their own destruction. He doesn't have an emotion. He is an emotion.” — Jun Fukuda

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    I'm not questioning how everything is going to come together. I just don't think everything is going to be spelled out before the final battle. The only thing that I could think of that would give enough content for another act would be if the Oden flashback came sooner than expected or if the marines came into the fold for whatever reason. But I feel like those events are more likely to happen in the same act as the final battle.
    I know that's what you're saying. I disagree. I won't pretend I'll be able to predict what will happen in the coming days, as it's not like I could predict most of what has occurred in Act 2 either. I'm just confident that Oda wouldn't repeatedly stress how many days are left just to go ahead and suddenly skip through most of them.

Okay, so we already know that Oda is going all in on this Wano (Japan) arc and has already included many beasts/creatures/beings from Japanese folklore.

As soon as Luffy woke up he encountered a Komainu named Komachiyo. Then in a recent SBS Oda also explained that there are other creatures with flaming fur called Komashika (Hawkin's mount), Komadane, and Komatori.

Of course we have also been introduced to a Tengu or Daitengu named Hitetsu and a Kappa named Kawamatsu, both very famous Yokai from Japanese lore.

So considering the existance of all these beings, why couldn't King's race also come from Japanese lore. I will offer my opinion that King is a Karura.

Karura are bird-like creatures and actually are the Japanese equivalent to the Garuda from Hinduism. They have the wings and face/beak of a bird. Continuing with this "bird" theme but knowing Oda wanted all of Kaido's All-Stars to be dinosaurs or ancient zoan related he gave King the pteranadon devil fruit to still give him wings and a beak but not break from the ancient zoan theme.

They are also heavily associated with fire and said to breath fire. The fire halo that appears behind some beings is also referred to as the "karura flame" and that is what King has. That isn't his hair.

Interestingly, they are also the mortal enemies of naga in Hinduism and snakes/dragons in Japanese Buddhist lore. It is also said that a dragon can only escape a karura by possessing a Buddhist talisman or converting to Buddhism.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Zeorn View Post
    Okay, so we already know that Oda is going all in on this Wano (Japan) arc and has already included many beasts/creatures/beings from Japanese folklore.

As soon as Luffy woke up he encountered a Komainu named Komachiyo. Then in a recent SBS Oda also explained that there are other creatures with flaming fur called Komashika (Hawkin's mount), Komadane, and Komatori.

Of course we have also been introduced to a Tengu or Daitengu named Hitetsu and a Kappa named Kawamatsu, both very famous Yokai from Japanese lore.

So considering the existance of all these beings, why couldn't King's race also come from Japanese lore. I will offer my opinion that King is a Karura.

Karura are bird-like creatures and actually are the Japanese equivalent to the Garuda from Hinduism. They have the wings and face/beak of a bird. Continuing with this "bird" theme but knowing Oda wanted all of Kaido's All-Stars to be dinosaurs or ancient zoan related he gave King the pteranadon devil fruit to still give him wings and a beak but not break from the ancient zoan theme.

They are also heavily associated with fire and said to breath fire. The fire halo that appears behind some beings is also referred to as the "karura flame" and that is what King has. That isn't his hair.

Interestingly, they are also the mortal enemies of naga in Hinduism and snakes/dragons in Japanese Buddhist lore. It is also said that a dragon can only escape a karura by possessing a Buddhist talisman or converting to Buddhism.

Most believable speculation about King so far.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    If this is Oda, blink twice

Also, I don't think a team up is impossible in Wano

I tried to blink but i have got some Duval's genes

@Zeorn

Thanks for sharing this. Whether or not something of this will actually come true, it’s interesting as hell...

Edit: Lol, never knew that Magmar (one of my favourite Pokémon I played with in blue) may also be based on Karura...
    Last edited by Candide; August 7th, 2019 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeorn View Post

Damn the design is cool. Nice theory, seems super likely.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Reminder that we at the Obon break, so no chapter next week.
    So no spoilers tomorrow ?

Or do you mean week after this one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    So no spoilers tomorrow ?

Or do you mean week after this one ?
    This week.

It's cool to see people having idea about King's race, Urouge's rave because i only see humains with wing but they can't fly. I am shit

Reminds me of those people from Strong World that had feathers on their arms and were able to glide at most.

Quote Originally Posted by K466 View Post
    You're throwing the whole purpose of Nyoibou out the window if a rubber-man who attacks from great distance by stretching his arm is using it as a weapon.
    The use of a pole with his df will increase his impact, dealing more damage. It's like you didn't watch the beginning of Luffy's fight against Katakuri, where Kata used his mochi powers to make his trident spin; making it more deadly.

"Those questions better be worth it, or else your descendants will regret it"

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul Mihawk View Post
    This week.

Damn! Well, at least the anime returns this week from its filler break.

Quote Originally Posted by Scretch View Post
    1. I didn't get what you tried to say with "the same is different also", what do you mean?

2. I also don't see Oda making three characters with somewhat similar wings and making them part of different races. You are basically saying that there are a total of 4 races with the special characteristic of them having wings(5 if you include Shandians, but they are just a hybrid race of humans and skypieans). I don't think Oda would've straight up made those amounts of races with the same special characteristic, and with what purpose anyway?
    I mean that King's wings are completely different to Skypeians. King's wings are also way bigger than Urouge's.

He is of different race, that much is clear

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    I mean that King's wings are completely different to Skypeians. King's wings are also way bigger than Urouge's.

He is of different race, that much is clear
    The only reason you believe they are from a different race is because of their wings' size? That's like saying Katakuri is not human and that he comes from a different race because he's taller than the average human. I will believe you until you come and give me more reasons why it's like that. Until then, I will believe they are from the same race.

"Those questions better be worth it, or else your descendants will regret it"

Quote Originally Posted by Scretch View Post
    The only reason you believe they are from a different race is because of their wings' size? That's like saying Katakuri is not human and that he comes from a different race because he's taller than the average human. I will believe you until you come and give me more reasons why it's like that. Until then, I will believe they are from the same race.
    Ok ? The wings are completely different and again Oda wouldn't make it so cryptic about his race if he was simply coming from Skypeia. You should explain to me why Oda would have Big Mom speak about a race that has disappeared and making King it's only member currently alive if he was simply coming from Skypeia ? I really don't get your reasoning.

May be the golden pillar hide a secret?

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    Ok ? The wings are completely different and again Oda wouldn't make it so cryptic about his race if he was simply coming from Skypeia. You should explain to me why Oda would have Big Mom speak about a race that has disappeared and making King it's only member currently alive if he was simply coming from Skypeia ? I really don't get your reasoning.
    Completely agree. Their wings aren't even the same color.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information