+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

Default Re: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

Well Coby is a former pirate. Not by choice but still.

And he pretty much hates all of them but Luffys gang.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Not my idea, i see no reason to believe it is a particularly special unit, except special through what it does, but not the circumstances around it.
    For now, it´s simply military intelligence, and the ultimate leader is the one that is also ultimately leading the entire thing.
    One might argue though whether that´s the Fleet Admiral or the Commander-in-Chief.
    Isn't cipher pol the military intelligence? Sword from what we've seen seem to work in a different way, i mean we've seen CP don civilian identities briefly and all but sword become actual accepted members of the pirate gangs themselves. In swords case it would be detrimental to their purpose if it was a known group who operates within the hierarchy. If they were even a hushed whisper among the grunts like CP9 they'd be deadmeat, they have to be 100% of the radar. Now i realize this can all still be the case while Akainu is in the loop, but personally i don't think he handles sword. Either Sengoku or someone more cerebral than thinks with his rage fist Akainu. But that is of course based on my read of the red dawg as lacking the neccesties for the responsibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Exactly. You would hope someone enslaved by pirates to hate pirates.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Now i realize this can all still be the case while Akainu is in the loop, but personally i don't think he handles sword. Either Sengoku or someone more cerebral than thinks with his rage fist Akainu. But that is of course based on my read of the red dawg as lacking the neccesties for the responsibilities.
    I would love if it's Kizaru.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I would love if it's Kizaru.
    I immediately buy it as canon that he's deep deep undercover posing as a reckless moron.

Isn't cipher pol the military intelligence? Sword from what we've seen seem to work in a different way, i mean we've seen CP don civilian identities briefly and all but sword become actual accepted members of the pirate gangs themselves. In swords case it would be detrimental to their purpose if it was a known group who operates within the hierarchy. If they were even a hushed whisper among the grunts like CP9 they'd be deadmeat, they have to be 100% of the radar. Now i realize this can all still be the case while Akainu is in the loop, but personally i don't think he handles sword. Either Sengoku or someone more cerebral than thinks with his rage fist Akainu. But that is of course based on my read of the red dawg as lacking the neccesties for the responsibilities.

Nah Cipher Pol is probably more Governmental intelligence

Nah, cipher pol are traditional intelligence agencies like CIA for example.
    Some countries do not distinguish but the internationally relevant ones do, its a different branch.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley View Post
    Nah Cipher Pol is probably more Governmental intelligence
    Nah, cipher pol are traditional intelligence agencies like CIA for example.
    Some countries do not distinguish but the internationally relevant ones do, its a different branch.
    Seems redundant but what do i know

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    To me it's like the idea of getting orphans for Cp9 or speecial breeds for cp0. You don't need it but helps.

You can spend 10-15 years convincing someone pirates are awful even when they are friendly and treat you like family or you can get someone that think pirates are awful because they raped and killed their family and go faster from there.

Of course Koby happen to be chill with pirates but few technique works 100% of the time. Whitebeard treated evryone like family and sometimes that led to Ace loving him and other times to Blackbeard using him.
    Majority of people hate pirates and are scared of them

Seems redundant but what do i know
    Only if you think

1) a grand organization that covers everything is better than smaller specified ones amd
    2) you think everyones goals are the same, which they are not.

I immediately buy it as canon that he's deep deep undercover posing as a reckless moron.
    I think someone posted the page where Kizaru kicks X-Drake and you can totally read it like him being on the loop and not even trying to hide it, but coming across as him being an airhead.

Only if you think

1) a grand organization that covers everything is better than smaller specified ones amd
    2) you think everyones goals are the same, which they are not.
    Well i mean in universe it seems super redudant to have 8 dedicated Cipher Pols who handle different areas of intel and then have another one in the marines that does the same thing but worse. I follow your reasoning and it could very well be true, but i hope Sword ends up handling something more specific than acting as a rival general intelligence agency for the marines.

Majority of people hate pirates and are scared of them
    Which is fine if you are a marine and just have to shoot at them. But is less so when you have to spend time with them as real people and might be swayed by them not being evil all the time. Like infiltrating Doffly, Whitebeard or Luffy that treats like friends/family.

I'm convinced of one thing after reading this chapter.

Law is and has been a member of Sword / a Marine the entire time.

They probably got on the same ship after the Swallows island incident. Trained by Tsuru together as Chore Boys in the Marines.

He never had any reason to become a pirate.

His time after Corazon died is a complete mystery.

Corazon being a spy and his idol would drive him to want to destroy the world government from the inside.

He loves plans.

He hates "benevolent" pirates and gets all upset and disgusted whenever Luffy and the crew do something "good" -- not because he's a "true" pirate.

Because he hates pirates.

His mentor was killed by one. Not only was Doflamingo a pirate, he was a Tenryuubito at that.

He gave the World Government 100 pirate hearts to become a Shichibukai-- because he wanted to dismantle those pirates.

The Rocky Port Incident was an inside job.

K-F|Jango

Drake being a mole makes Law being one very unlikely, getting so close to Doffy and not sealing the deal.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post

He has that dream about writing a book.
    oh well, that's Koala's dream now.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Drake being a mole makes Law being one very unlikely, getting so close to Doffy and not sealing the deal.
    Not to mention that we know Law wasn't scouted by Marines. He formed a gang in Swallow Island with Bepo, Shachi and Penguin.

akainu is painfully lacking a backstory.

But i doubt a military branch would have that as requisite. It can certainly make your role more credible but it won´t be a prerequisite.
    It's a requisite. It was established in the very first chapters that people with ties to piracy are forbidden from enlisting. They make background checks.

Koby only managed to get in because Ripper was grateful enough to Luffy to turn a blind eye.

Edit: Wait... I think mistook your point.

But still, I think it makes sense to have people with piracy experience in spy roles. They would know first-hand how pirates organize or coordinate themselves, picking up dialects, practices and stuff.

You're downplaying the "credibility" part since that's essential to espionage work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    X-Drake's box starts with 'Navy HQ', so to me it seems most likely they ultimately answer to the guy in charge of Navy HQ, i.e the Fleet Admiral, although perhaps not directly.
    Navy HQ tends to be used for Marines that actually work at the HQ. That's about it.

They are said to be better-trained and stronger soldiers than branch Marines.
    Last edited by King Cannon; September 21st, 2019 at 05:42 PM.

I put my Law theory on Reddit with more manga panels to back it up. As for the Bepo, Shachi, and Penguin business-- who's to say they're not in on it as well?

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/co...st_surprising/

Also, Sabo's not dead. Oda's a troll but he wouldn't off-screen Sabo like that.

The Gorosei likely tried to assassinate Vivi, Cobra
    could be dead, Kuma could be dead.

Sabo could be captured but my bet is he's on the run with Vivi and being blamed for the assassination / attempt. All of this will lead to Vivi rejoining with the crew (I hope) until she can take her place as head of the government at the end of the series.

Koby may not "win" against Hancock, but he will not lose. Koby has to prove himself, and not losing against Hancock is a feat I can see him pulling off. He's been training just as much as Luffy.
    K-F|Jango

Luffy who barely knew Robin for some weeks, wouldn't stop believing in her and would no-doubt crush a massive WG installation to get her back.

There´s just NO possible scenario where Koala goes on with; oh hey, the newspaper that lied out loud about Doula Mongo leaving the Shichibukai. yup gonna cry my eyes out of 'this baddie stuff Sabo was reported to have done'.

More or less the same for Makino and Dadan.

And Dragon would instantly call on bullshit as well, instead of his concerned face he showed up.

Death it is. Sabo was reported to be dead, weather or not said news are true, the report is most definitely his supposed demise.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Luffy who barely knew Robin for some weeks, wouldn't stop believing in her and would no-doubt crush a massive WG installation to get her back.

There´s just NO possible scenario where Koala goes on with; oh hey, the newspaper that lied out loud about Doula Mongo leaving the Shichibukai. yup gonna cry my eyes out of 'this baddie stuff Sabo was reported to have done'.

More or less the same for Makino and Dadan.

And Dragon would instantly call on bullshit as well, instead of his concerned face he showed up.

Death it is. Sabo was reported to be dead, weather or not said news are true, the report is most definitely his supposed demise.
    They're not Luffy though, so I don't get this argument. They're all skeptical anyhow, it's not like they're just taking it as a given.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    They're not Luffy though, so I don't get this argument. They're all skeptical anyhow, it's not like they're just taking it as a given.
    uuh, Dadan, Makino and Koala are crying, that's far away from skeptical.

serously tho, the WG being able to so easily mislead the Revos with fake news, it's a shame they would even consider it in the slightiest to be real.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    uuh, Dadan, Makino and Koala are crying, that's far away from skeptical.

serously tho, the WG being able to so easily mislead the Revos with fake news, it's a shame they would even consider it in the slightiest to be real.
    I'm referring to the RAs, they were clearly skeptical. Regardless, they don't have to react the same way you'd imagine Luffy reacting.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    I'm referring to the RAs, they were clearly skeptical. Regardless, they don't have to react the same way you'd imagine Luffy reacting.
    Koala and Ivankov are revos.

and there´s really no way they´re taking anything on Sabo getting framed for stuff, would make them look biblically dumb.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information