+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

Default Re: Chapter 956: BIG NEWS

Yup. It's going just like I thought. For context, read a couple of threads I've done in the past. Also, here are some posts from way back:

Quote Originally Posted by gyuukarubi View Post
    Oda just revealed Fifth Gear.

I don't know why we didn't see it coming before. Fifth Gear is going to be Luffy willingly utilizing fire (a la Ace/Sanji/Doflamingo/Katakuri).It's likely unlocked through passion or the power of your heart (as Oda mentioned in an SBS when a reader asked why Sanji could light himself ablaze). This means that Sanji was the first Straw Hat to unlock it (when he had to protect the people he cared about most--Nami and Robin) and Luffy unlocked it after he failed to protect Ace. Other characters have also used this in the series. Doflamingo uses Overheat and Katakuri uses Burning Mochi.

Well done, Oda.

EDIT: The Fire Festival is the perfect place for this to be unveiled. Combined with Ace’s history on Wano (how does he tie to the card theme—was he affiliated with Kaido at one point?) I’m sure we’re in for an amazing arc.
    TRIPLE THREATS
    “Blackbeard” Marshall D. Teach:
    Paramecia - Quake Quake Fruit
    Logia - Dark Dark Fruit
    Zoan - Dog Dog Fruit: Ancient Model; Cerberus

“Red Haired / 赤神” (née “Straw Hat”) Monkey D. Luffy:
    Paramecia - Gum Gum Fruit
    Logia - Flame Flame Fruit
    Zoan - Cat Cat Fruit: Model Lion

Obvious implications above indicate where I think the story will go.

I think fans are right on the money when they say that Luffy and Shanks will reunite over a Davy Back Fight.

This will likely happen after Wano. But what will happen when Luffy gives the hat back to Shanks? He can no longer lead the “Straw Hat Pirates.”

Let’s talk chapter 929. Luffy is drawn with red hair. This is foreshadowing for Gear 5: Fire Luffy. But maybe it goes even deeper than that. Perhaps Luffy will rebrand as the Red Haired Pirates following his role model’s death.

Combined with his ability to wield fire, the fact that Gear 4 resembles a Japanese deity, and “Red Haired” is a homophone with “Red God” (赤髪 vs 赤神), perhaps Luffy’s new epithet would be “Red God.” “Entei” works, too.
    Let's go back to Law's flashback in the Dressrosa arc. Minion, the Isle of Fate.Law is someone who clearly wants to make major change in the world, having personally been subjected to tragedy at the hands of the law. Corazon saved his life, a Marine working undercover as a pirate.

X Drake has followed the same path as his father, Diez Barrels. A former Marine turned pirate. Young Dre was frequently abused by his father and escaped the first chance he got (since he was spared from the confines of Doflamingo's Birdcage on Minion).

This flashback ends with Law walking away, sobbing, as Tsuru attacks the island while Doflamingo rushes to evade the Marines.
    So think about it. How did the two independently escape from "Minion, the Isle of Fate" (ch. 765)?

They didn't. They've been friends since childhood. They're a part of the same crew. The Drake Pirates and the Heart Pirates are fronts for one big organization. Their plan was to conquer the Grand Line through orchestrating a bunch of independent agents.

Law was the frontal assault. He would ally with an unwitting pawn who owed him a favor (Luffy) and the two would take down Kaido together. Law had no obligation to help Luffy and it definitely was not done because he's a good samaritan.

X Drake was the rear guard. He infiltrated Kaido's crew by joining without putting up much of a fight. Kaido's reputation of acquiring strong pawns proceeds him and Drake knew he could easily join.
    Sabo is dead. Ace is dead. Doc Q has Moria's fruit. Luffy will take their zombies down. Fight fire with fire.

Kid will settle his score with Apoo this arc, a continuation from Sabaody. It's been a long time coming. He will assist in taking down Kaido but not be victorious.

Law and Drake have always been allies. They were both from the North Blue and escaped together following Corazon's death. It makes sense; Corazon, a Marine, is Law's Shanks. Why would he then choose be a pirate instead of a double agent like his mentor? They've been marines this whole time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/b3o8er/red_haired_luffy_red_god_luffy_manga_spoilers/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=usertext&utm_name=On ePiece&utm_content=t3_bpb2ka

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/bxp3rz/odas_foreshadowing_in_reverie_and_luffys_flashback/

Last edited by gyuukarubi; September 20th, 2019 at 05:26 PM.

Possibly sword is a special marine unit under one of the admirals, Sengoku was 14 years ago an admiral while Rosinante was spying on Doffy while they also used codnames same as Koby and Drake.

I just remembered that Aigis in CP-Aigis 0 means Shield.

And now we have sword....Huh.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Sabo is dead. Ace is dead. Doc Q has Moria's fruit. Luffy will take their zombies down. Fight fire with fire.

Only you think Sabo is dead, lol.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Aegis/Shield a corrupt unit for the Celestial Dragons.

Sword, secret Marine unit consisting of possibly all the good Marines, like Koby, Drake, Aokiji, Garp, Sengoku etc. who by the end will be the ones running the new Marines after Ims defeat.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    Aegis/Shield a corrupt unit for the Celestial Dragons.

Sword, secret Marine unit consisting of possibly all the good Marines, like Koby, Drake, Aokiji, Garp, Sengoku etc. who by the end will be the ones running the new Marines after Ims defeat.
    And why is or possible was Akainu a part of the SWORD ?

A pcture of a coverpage where Kizaru and Akainu were both in a Wano-Kuni stylish environment and on Akainu's right arm there is a little SWORD tattoo.

Could be a coincidence, but who knows that tattoo seems out of the place, unless it has exactly something to do with "SWORD".

Depends if this tatto means more either than Akainu is/[was] a part of the SWORD or that he is leading it, which makes sense as Fleet Admiral.

the source of the pic:

https://m.imgur.com/nRNQ7vs
    Last edited by Shirley; September 20th, 2019 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Only you think Sabo is dead, lol.
    I'm like 99% sure. If he's not dead yet, he'll die soon. Luffy never surpassed his brothers as a child and he's always wanted to. Remember when Ace and Sabo declared their dreams after the brothers shared sake cups? Luffy's dream is offpaneled but can be inferred: he wants to do both Ace and Sabo's dreams.

Moreover, Blackbeard has always wanted Ace to join his crew and now has in his possession the only DF that will allow him to do so...Moria's. He's spent all of part 2 hunting down the Whitebeard Pirates and he's got to take down Marco last. You know he'll revive Ace as a zombie to join his crew. Blackbeard is also aware that Sabo has the Flame Flame Fruit (taken from Burgess) and will be coming for it. He'll need extra firepower.

Luffy is currently in the middle of mastering his Haki and that, by extension, will result in him being able to shoot flames like Ace did (Red Hawk was the first time we saw this). Other characters already know this technique (Sanji, Kin'emon Doflamingo, Katakuri) and the Fire Festival is the perfect place for him to do it. Luffy always said he wanted his punches to be as strong as pistols. He has the power of armament, now he's learning how to wield the firepower. He's going to be the living embodiment of a pistol.

The series has been building towards a confrontation between Blackbeard and Luffy, but first Luffy will have to surpass his brothers to take down his ultimate enemies.

And let me ask you... if you don't think that Sabo is dead, then what is the story building to? What's the narrative purpose of all of these events? I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

Was expecting Im to target Shirahoshi, but I guess that the implication that something major happened in Alabasta means that he's targeting Vivi instead. I doubt she's dead much like I doubt that Sabo's dead, but I'm gonna be mad if she got arrested.

I'm like 99% sure. If he's not dead yet, he'll die soon. Luffy never surpassed his brothers as a child and he's always wanted to. Remember when Ace and Sabo declared their dreams after the brothers shared sake cups? Luffy's dream is offpaneled but can be inferred: he wants to do both Ace and Sabo's dreams.
    That doesn't really require Sabo to die.

I

And let me ask you... if you don't think that Sabo is dead, then what is the story building to? What's the narrative purpose of all of these events? I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.
    The incident regarding Alabasta that was mentioned at the beggining of the chapter. Like what most people who read it are linking the points.

Oda could allow Luffy to save his brother this time, but Oda wants Luffy to stand as a man. He’s maturing but he still is little brother to Sabo. You’re ignoring the other moves that Oda has been setting up on the chess board; there’s more angles to Luffy’s growth than Haki. Dealing with grief is one of them. He has to be strong.

”Three things cannot be stopped: inherited will, the dreams of men, and the flow of time.” - Gol D. Roger

Ace was right when he said he’d never die. Luffy will literally and figuratively carry the torch from his brothers, Shanks, and Roger to realize his destiny.

The incident regarding Alabasta that was mentioned at the beggining of the chapter. Like what most people who read it are linking the points.
    The story is moving in multiple ways. There are multiple lines of plot moving and they haven’t converged yet. The Alabasta stuff has more to do with the history of their world at large. Sabo exists as a character to develop Luffy, similar to how Ace did.
    While that’s important, you’re only focusing on a single aspect of the story (likely the one that intrigues you the most personally). What do you think Blackbeard meant in this chapter?

“Pack yer bags!! Onto the ship!! If the Navy’s only going to take it, I might as well claim the prize!!!”

Where is he heading and what is he doing? What was he doing last time we saw him? Oda’s given us enough hints.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    How do we know that he hasn't?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    He already did. Kizaru asked Akainu to let him go right afterwards.

Koby is the one quite off about Akainu being behind SWORD, I mean, if not for Shanks, Koby would've been turned into another donut ace.
    Chapter 907. Akainu has little to no intel about the Samurai despite having a guy spying for the Marines there.

A guy that's confirmed to have fought at least 5 Samurai mind you. And has been living there for at least a year.

It's likely SWORD is an anti-Akainu faction, or at least something to keep him in check. Drake and Koby are not people that would be loyal to Akainu, especially with their experience with corrupt, authoritarian Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Chapter 907. Akainu has little to no intel about the Samurai despite having a guy spying for the Marines there.

A guy that's confirmed to have fought at least 5 Samurai mind you.

It's likely SWORD is an anti-Akainu faction, or at least something to keep him in check. Drake and Koby are not people that would be loyal to Akainu, especially with their experience with corrupt, authoritarian Marines.

A picture of a coverpage where Kizaru and Akainu were both in a Wano-Kuni stylish environment and on Akainu's right arm there is a little SWORD tattoo.

Could be a coincidence, but who knows that tattoo seems out of the place, unless it has exactly something to do with "SWORD".

Depends if this tatto means more either than Akainu is/[was] a part of the SWORD or that he is leading it, which makes sense as Fleet Admiral.

the source of the pic:

Oda could allow Luffy to save his brother this time, but Oda wants Luffy to stand as a man. He’s maturing but he still is little brother to Sabo. You’re ignoring the other moves that Oda has been setting up on the chess board; there’s more angles to Luffy’s growth than Haki. Dealing with grief is one of them. He has to be strong.

”Three things cannot be stopped: inherited will, the dreams of men, and the flow of time.” - Gol D. Roger

Ace was right when he said he’d never die. Luffy will literally and figuratively carry the torch from his brothers, Shanks, and Roger to realize his destiny.
    I don't understand your logic that Luffy have to experience the same thing from 2 years ago. In this same arc he got his whooped by Kaido and trained this new Haki technique that he learned from the local old uncle.

If he has to grow his strenght, Oda wouldn't pull an old trick. He will give Luffy something new.

The story is moving in multiple ways. There are multiple lines of plot moving and they haven’t converged yet. The Alabasta stuff has more to do with the history of their world at large.
    Garp just mentioned Alabasta after stating that this meeting was bad because blood was spilled.
    Sabo exists as a character to develop Luffy, similar to how Ace did.
    And Dying is the only way you can think of it.

While that’s important, you’re only focusing on a single aspect of the story (likely the one that intrigues you the most personally). What do you think Blackbeard meant in this chapter?

“Pack yer bags!! Onto the ship!! If the Navy’s only going to take it, I might as well claim the prize!!!”

Where is he heading and what is he doing? What was he doing last time we saw him? Oda’s given us enough hints.
    He could be going to Alabasta? Where he first heard that had a hint to where the first Ancient Weapon mentioned? Or you think the marines somehow knows where the Mera Mera Fruit is? Doflaming just managed to find at most 2 years after Ace died. I think you are the one that is focusing on a single aspect of the story. That Sabo is dead so Luffy can have a fire fruit.

Do you at least have an explanation of Stery's reaction to the news?

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

The real question is; why do we require Sabo to be alive?

I don't understand your logic that Luffy have to experience the same thing from 2 years ago. In this same arc he got his whooped by Kaido and trained this new Haki technique that he learned from the local old uncle.
    His new haki isn't going to be enough to beat Kaido because it's not complete. Luffy's learned how to emit haki, but he hasn't combined it with his blazing heart and burning blood. Oda has gradually been building to this since Luffy first heated up with Second Gear.

If he has to grow his strenght, Oda wouldn't pull an old trick. He will give Luffy something new.
    Haven't you seen the parallels between the arcs in part 1 and part 2 of One Piece? That's by design. Each arc has a corresponding equivalent.

Garp just mentioned Alabasta after stating that this meeting was bad because blood was spilled.
    It has to do with the Nefertari family, one of the original 20 families. Don't forget that Alabasta also introduced the concept of the ancient weapons. Garp's line is building towards the Will of D and the Void Century, one of OP's many mysteries.

And Dying is the only way you can think of it.
    No, I'm simply paying attention to the many death flags Sabo has flown since he set sail in front of the Celestial Dragons as a youth. He even says "We'll save Kuma or die trying" in the final Reverie chapter. In this chapter, Morgans indicates that he does not print lies. The world at large and those who care for both Sabo and Luffy have already responded with grief... because Sabo's death happened when Luffy was completely unable to prevent it and isolated from the world at large. How do you think he'll respond?

It also has interesting implications for Sanji's decision to go back to Whole Cake Island, which is looking more and more like a colossal fuckup on his part. Sanji still hasn't learned anything from his wedding and has fallen back to his old ways. I still believe he has the highest chance of dying in the Straw Hats.

He could be going to Alabasta? Where he first heard that had a hint to where the first Ancient Weapon mentioned? Or you think the marines somehow knows where the Mera Mera Fruit is? Doflaming just managed to find at most 2 years after Ace died. I think you are the one that is focusing on a single aspect of the story. That Sabo is dead so Luffy can have a fire fruit.
    Blackbeard is going to get the Flame Flame Fruit. The marines have either captured Sabo and plan to execute him or have already done so. He's always wanted it and that ambition hasn't changed from the duel on Banaro Island.

Do you at least have an explanation of Stery's reaction to the news?
    Stelly is shocked that his brother lived. He's a false king who has always hungered for power and glory.

"Parallels from part 1 to part 2."

Oh shit. Here we go again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley View Post
    A picture of a coverpage where Kizaru and Akainu were both in a Wano-Kuni stylish environment and on Akainu's right arm there is a little SWORD tattoo.

the source of the pic:

I mean you're kinda working backwards here. It should be that we first actually confirm that Sword members have a sword tattoo, and then you'd look at past chapters to see if anyone has the same tattoo.

A sword tatoo also could mean Absolute Offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley View Post

the source of the pic:

Spamming that every post won't help your case. It could be just a coincidence.

I really doubt that page means anything, especially when Oda already admitted some of his ideas have changed with time, including the Wano arc or how Kaido loses.

In any case, it's unlikely either Drake or Koby would be loyal to Akainu.

There's also no explanation about how Akainu could be so clueless about Wano's forces when he has a spy stationed right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    The real question is; why do we require Sabo to be alive?
    He has that dream about writing a book.

"Parallels from part 1 to part 2."

Oh shit. Here we go again.
    Not sure what you mean by this. Haven’t you seen them yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    He has that dream about writing a book.
    If the dreams of men never die, Sabo’s dream could be passed onto Luffy. This is an example of “inherited will.” Roger spoke the truth.

Haven't you seen the parallels between the arcs in part 1 and part 2 of One Piece? That's by design. Each arc has a corresponding equivalent.
    What is Wano's part 1 equivalent? I can buy Dressrosa as a new Alabasta, but Wano's structure doesn't remind me of anything in particular.

If the dreams of men never die, Sabo’s dream could be passed onto Luffy. This is an example of “inherited will.” Roger spoke the truth.
    I doubt Luffy can even read, let alone write a book.

Dude counted his bounty wrong.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information