+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan the Hammer: A Mafia Game

Default Re: Fan the Hammer: A Mafia Game

At this point I'm not willing to vote anyone. However I will vote if needed at day's end, like Foolio, as I don't want a no-lynch.
    I waiting on replies currently, which may help.

Kirbycide, are there people you wouldn't lynch? Within a couple hours of when I'll be gone now. I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to just have to trust you guys and vote Huschel. Both SUDK and Huschel have pledged "swing votes" to achieve lynch. Presumably nobody would vote themselves, and I don't know if Sky would be back in time to change her vote by day end.

Which is to say SUDK and Huschel could theoretically join the kmo wagon, but I don't know if you'd ever hammer him (not that I have confidence in this wagon since there's been zero activity or discussion of it).

Similarly if I vote SUDK, Huschel may be willing to join and put it at 3 votes, but I'm not sure if you or kmo would hammer.

Ooof. Okay. I believe everybody will be glad to hear that I have thought about things and changed my mind again.

Well, somewhat. I have stated that I would rather assume that there are 3 mafia members because that is how we can lose. Real quick, if there is only one mafia left, then even if we mislynch today and Sky and Kirby are both Town, then tomorrow we will be left with 3 players, one of whom will probably have been shot. Which means we can still win then.

If there are 2 mafia players left, we have to lynch one today, as has been mentioned.

So here is where I changed my mind. Assuming that there have been three mafia members since the beginning of the game, suddenly it's not that outlandish anymore that Foolio would move so hard against Kitsune even if they're both mafia. Even if that gets his buddy killed, there will still be two people left and Townie points accrued along the way. Like I said, Foolio did put a 3rd vote on Kitsune on Day 1 which got the wagon halfway there. But when it actually came to lynching KI on Day 3, Foolio choked. Maybe because he thought he could delay for another day (or win outright). I also agree with Kirby that starting a 4th wagon today is a choice. Kirby's insistence that Foolio must be scum is also a choice, especially because they acted similarly towards Jabberwock. But I suppose that's better Townie behaviour than what I have been doing.

Which is a neat segue onto my feelings about kmo. He has been very convinced of lots of things since the very beginning of the game. And I do agree that this is more of a Townie tell. His case on me is also solid, but then that's really my own fault for giving that ammunition to Town or Mafia.

So my suspects from least to most:

Kirby
    kmo
    SUDK
    Foolio
    Shuhan

Sky is floating outside of this list.

Foolio, I apologize if you are Town. In that case this must be extremely frustrating for you. But I'm just trying not to lose by ignoring the three mafia team scenario. And from my point of view, I have a really good chance of lynching mafia today*

*in spoiler tags because it's repetition
    Spoiler:
    Once again, assumptions for the worst case being:
    - Kirby and Sky are Town so we might lose Today
    - there are two mafia players left
    - SUDK, kmo or Foolio are the only suspects left
    -> 66% chance to lynch mafia

I'm not sure if I should put down my vote right now. I can wait until later, but I mean, at some point somebody has two board a wagon.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Oh, and to reiterate: I only had the one bullet. Not sure if people missed that or if they just don't trust me/are consodering that angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbycide View Post
    I think that the mafia probably started this game with one gun that has unlimited uses. That the gun can be passed among the mafia members, and that one of them can use it each night to attempt a night kill.
    Does that mean you think that the mafia deliberately chose not to shoot anybody on Night 2?

Quote Originally Posted by SomebodyUDon'tKnow View Post
    This kind of reads like you had the gun Night 2. Did you get the gun earlier than last night?
    I didn't mean to imply that. Jabberwock had the gun Night 1 and died with it on Day 2. I assume the gun was not in play until it got redistributed on Day 3/Night 4.
    Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:

Well, it sure is frustrating, but no hard feelings Huschel. I just hope that if I do get lynched, you're all wrong about the 3-mafia scenario, for all our sakes.

I think that makes my question to Kirby irrelevant. If you're going to vote for me, then the only person I realistically see having a chance to get lynched is you. Which is ironic because it forces me to once again put my faith in a 3-mafia scenario lol.

Unvote

I will wait another little while to see if more people weigh in, then I'll place my vote. I hope you don't see it as retaliatory... I'm just crunching the numbers at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Well, it sure is frustrating, but no hard feelings Huschel. I just hope that if I do get lynched, you're all wrong about the 3-mafia scenario, for all our sakes.

I think that makes my question to Kirby irrelevant. If you're going to vote for me, then the only person I realistically see having a chance to get lynched is you. Which is ironic because it forces me to once again put my faith in a 3-mafia scenario lol.

Unvote

I will wait another little while to see if more people weigh in, then I'll place my vote. I hope you don't see it as retaliatory... I'm just crunching the numbers at this point.
    Glad to hear it. And sure, you do your thing, obviously.

Who knows, maybe there are 3 mafia but Sky is one of them. Or NoSwords
    Spoiler:

Foolio, after reading the posts since I last posted, I honestly feel like I owe you an apology as well. I can finally see what you were so afraid of when it comes to speculations rather than scum hunting. I can understand your frustration, and I concede that you saw where we were headed based on your experience well before anyone else did.

I feel like Sky has written an excellent post regarding SUDK. I can't find myself agreeing with it, but I think the effort reflects a lot more thought and analysis than almost anyone else has put forth.

Foolio, you assume 2 more mafias as a reason to not vote (they can hammer), but staunchly refuse to believe it when it comes to voting for Huschel? What? Even to the point that you agree with my analysis, but would rather start a new wagon?

Kirby, Huschel is your number 2 suspect, will you be willing to vote for him?

SUDK, your list of suspects?

Mine are btw

1. Huschel
    5. Foolio, SUDK
    7. Kirby, Sky
    10. No Sword, Shuhan, Hammer, L (from Death Note)
    Quote Originally Posted by xterm
    The problem with [the world] is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
    Thanks Sky for the Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    Foolio, after reading the posts since I last posted, I honestly feel like I owe you an apology as well. I can finally see what you were so afraid of when it comes to speculations rather than scum hunting. I can understand your frustration, and I concede that you saw where we were headed based on your experience well before anyone else did.
    Yeah no hard feelings man.

I feel like Sky has written an excellent post regarding SUDK. I can't find myself agreeing with it, but I think the effort reflects a lot more thought and analysis than almost anyone else has put forth.

Foolio, you assume 2 more mafias as a reason to not vote (they can hammer), but staunchly refuse to believe it when it comes to voting for Huschel? What? Even to the point that you agree with my analysis, but would rather start a new wagon?[/QUOTE]
    If you're going to drag it out of me, call it last minute paranoia that I'm the problem, and precaution. It was literally during (and after) I wrote my opinions on Huschel that I realized it necessitated a 3-mafia team and gave me a strong dose of self-doubt. I really wanted to stick to my guns concerning outlandish setups but... I probably should practice what I preach, and go solely based on scum hunting rather than setup speculation. But well, it's a little too late to claim that's the main reason I'm going to vote Huschel.

Excuse the botched multi-quote.

It is a little odd that nobody except for Sky is in any way suspicious of SUDK. I don't think anybody has really articulated why either. If SUDK is mafia then at this point their buddy wouldn't put pressure on them. But that still leaves the rest of us.

Logically, I should be on board with voting alongside Sky because if she's mafia she dies anyway and we get another day. But if she's Town then I can trust her wagon to be genuine. But yeah, like I said, I don't really get the SUDK mafia feel. Sky, I know you said you didn't have another suspect. And I'm clearly trying to not get lynched today. But what are your thoughts on Foolio?
    Spoiler:

Okay, I have to go now.

Vote Lynch: Huschel

I hope I've made my stances clear and in case I get lynched, I do apologize for all the frustration and hopefully everything will go great.

Question for people voting for me. Who do you think my remaining mafia buddy is? Or am I the last one?
    Spoiler:

Honestly Sky's attempt at my life has left me scarred and deformed. I'm not sure why people are willing to accept it as a valid opinion when I was anything BUT buddying with Kitsune yesterday. I accept that it was an attempt to frame me poorly. I hope Sky can return soon to maybe shed some light on what she thought my willingness to vote earlier in the day was, and where my insistence that he was a third-party threat went in her investigation.

I'm still not trusting of Kmo, but that seems like residual effects. Honestly outside of him, and now Sky, I'm not willing to bet on anyone else being Mafia. Sky's attempt makes me think that she's trying to eliminate the person people are getting the most Town vibes on, and is using a really weird method to do it called ignoring my opinions.

God it sound petty suddenly going after someone seemingly because they voted for me, but I'm genuinely curious.

If Huschel is the lynchee today that worries me, because Foolio and Kmo are both good enough players that they very well could control the game, even if Sky or Kirby doesn't die. They're very threatening threats, though I don't think Foolio's Mafia.

If Huschel is the lynchee today that worries me, because Foolio and Kmo are both good enough players that they very well could control the game, even if Sky or Kirby doesn't die. They're very threatening threats, though I don't think Foolio's Mafia.
    What makes you suspect kmo over Foolio? I agree that both have the ability to control Town. But I feel like Foolio hasn't really lived up to that reputation in this game. He's been - at least according to my hazy memory of past games - unusually reluctant to whip up the town and kept resigning himself to other people's plans. Maybe that makes him less of a threat now going by what you wrote. But I see it as making him more of a suspect than kmo who has being very much actively pushing. Does that make sense to you?
    Spoiler:

I get where that's coming from, and like I said maybe it's just residual scum on Kmo, but I find myself taking Foolio's side on things in this game.

Fair enough. It's just that we do need all four Townies to lynch mafia. And we seem to be very split...
    Spoiler:

Sorry, everyone. Even pink puffballs have real life responsibilities, one of which is to get a beauty rest. I'm awake now, but I don't know how much time I'll have to participate between now and the end of the day. I'll try to keep an eye on the thread, and if it looks like there is another wagon that needs my vote, then I'll switch to it.

I simply haven't had the time to review all of the previous thread and put together a giant multiquote with all of the reasons for my suspicions up until now, but I will provide a revised list of my suspects (from most suspicious to least):

Foolio
    Huschel
    SUDK
    kmohyudin
    Sky

I believe beyond almost any doubt that Sky is a townie that has been shot, like me. And I'm beginning to think, here at the close of day 4, that this town is totally screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Kirbycide, are there people you wouldn't lynch? Within a couple hours of when I'll be gone now. I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to just have to trust you guys and vote Huschel. Both SUDK and Huschel have pledged "swing votes" to achieve lynch. Presumably nobody would vote themselves, and I don't know if Sky would be back in time to change her vote by day end.

Which is to say SUDK and Huschel could theoretically join the kmo wagon, but I don't know if you'd ever hammer him (not that I have confidence in this wagon since there's been zero activity or discussion of it).

Similarly if I vote SUDK, Huschel may be willing to join and put it at 3 votes, but I'm not sure if you or kmo would hammer.
    I will literally vote for anyone today in order to help the town avoid a no lynch. But I really don't want to vote for Sky or myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    Does that mean you think that the mafia deliberately chose not to shoot anybody on Night 2?
    Foolio asked me that already, to which I already replied yes. Yes, I think that the mafia didn't shoot anyone on night 2, so that no one else could counter Kitsune's claim of being shot.

Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    Kirby, Huschel is your number 2 suspect, will you be willing to vote for him?
    Yes. I'm a little concerned that Huschel's is the wagon that Foolio decided to board, because I have a feeling in my bones that Foolio is scum. But I'll join the wagon if that's the only one with wheels by the end of the day.

It is a little odd that nobody except for Sky is in any way suspicious of SUDK. I don't think anybody has really articulated why either. If SUDK is mafia then at this point their buddy wouldn't put pressure on them. But that still leaves the rest of us.
    I mentioned earlier that I suspect that the third mafia member was one of the ones to vote for Kitsune on day 3, probably towards the latter part of the day. That means I can see SUDK or you as mafia.

Though I really don't get the feeling from SUDK's posts that he's mafia, I think that it's totally possible.

Question for people voting for me. Who do you think my remaining mafia buddy is? Or am I the last one?
    I will be thoroughly surprised if Foolio isn't a mafioso. But if you are one of them, then I suppose that the third one could be kmo or SUDK.

If it's Sky, then well played, because she flew completely under my radar for the entire game.

Honestly Sky's attempt at my life has left me scarred and deformed. I'm not sure why people are willing to accept it as a valid opinion when I was anything BUT buddying with Kitsune yesterday. I accept that it was an attempt to frame me poorly. I hope Sky can return soon to maybe shed some light on what she thought my willingness to vote earlier in the day was, and where my insistence that he was a third-party threat went in her investigation.
    I think that your continued concern about the existence of a third party, given all the evidence we have up 'til now, makes you look kind of scummy. I've been convinced since somewhere around midday 3 that the mafia is the only group opposed to the town. Shuhan is the one handing out guns, not some third party player, and your focus on this possibility means that you somehow believe Kitsune's claim to be true (though for someone else), and Kitsune was scummy as all hell.

Quote Originally Posted by SomebodyUDon'tKnow
    I'm really glad that someone else is finally admitting that Foolio could be pulling the town's strings. I think that the mafia has their hooks in deep, and that they've been orchestrating a lot of this... let's call it controlled confusion.

I suspect kmo of this less than I do Foolio, because I think it'd have been really ballsy for a mafioso to have taken such a prominent role in starting wagons as early as day 2. Foolio, rather, has been happy to sit back and let the town go more or less unguided throughout the entire game.

If Foolio is a townie and was truly as concerned about scumhunting as he says he was, then why didn't he take a more leading role throughout the game? I see most of his behavior as essentially sitting back and letting the town wear itself out, and to do his best to add to that sense of exhaustion by posting more complaints than anything else.

What makes you suspect kmo over Foolio? I agree that both have the ability to control Town. But I feel like Foolio hasn't really lived up to that reputation in this game. He's been - at least according to my hazy memory of past games - unusually reluctant to whip up the town and kept resigning himself to other people's plans. Maybe that makes him less of a threat now going by what you wrote. But I see it as making him more of a suspect than kmo who has being very much actively pushing. Does that make sense to you?
    It makes Foolio the biggest threat to town, that he's been reluctant to do anything himself and more or less resigned to follow others' plans. Not less of a threat. If Foolio is the most experienced player in the game, then why hasn't he been the strongest townie? Why hasn't he done more to lead the town?

At the very least, kmohyudin has arguably tried to be very active and vocal. I also think that, even when he has made mistakes, he seems to have been working for the good of the town.

If the last two mafia players are Foolio and kmo, I think that this town is definitely doomed.

I have one final thought regarding the voting at the end of day 3. It's possible that Kitsune hammered himself in order to make it so that kmohyudin wouldn't have to finish his post or choose whether or not to vote for him.

Let's assume Kitsune hadn't hammered himself. If kmohyudin had chosen not to hammer him, I would have considered that an enormous scum tell, and it would be kmohyudin that I'd be going after today as my #1 target. If kmohyudin had chosen to hammer him, I'd still see his early unvote (when things were getting rough for Kitsune) and ultimately reluctant vote at day's end as scummy, too.

Maybe I should be putting kmohyudin higher on my list.

And then there's Foolio's vote on kmo earlier today, which could be seen as an attempt to put distance between them.

But now they're on the same wagon... which I expect the mafia would do today to eliminate the townie they are most worried about contending with tomorrow.

Oh god. It's Foolio and kmo, isn't it?

It makes Foolio the biggest threat to town, that he's been reluctant to do anything himself and more or less resigned to follow others' plans. Not less of a threat. If Foolio is the most experienced player in the game, then why hasn't he been the strongest townie? Why hasn't he done more to lead the town?
    That was basically my point, yes. SUDK wrote that people who are capable of controling Town are a threat. So according to that PoV Foolio - who has been somewhat reluctant - wouldn't be a threat. I said I disagreed with that.

If the last two mafia players are Foolio and kmo, I think that this town is definitely doomed.
    Eh. I think it's still anyone's game. Town just needs to get through this Day.

I have one final thought regarding the voting at the end of day 3. It's possible that Kitsune hammered himself in order to make it so that kmohyudin wouldn't have to finish his post or choose whether or not to vote for him.
    I was wondering if KI had an ulterior motive. I think it was basically just to cut the Day short even if that had little impact. It seems unfair to suspect kmo for either hypothetical outcome :P
    Spoiler:

I like your optimism, Huschel. But unless you, SUDK, Sky, and I can agree on a single wagon, it looks like you're the one most likely to get eliminated right now...

Is there anyone you will not vote for?

I like your optimism, Huschel. But unless you, SUDK, Sky, and I can agree on a single wagon, it looks like you're the one most likely to get eliminated right now...

Is there anyone you will not vote for?
    That is a problem, true. I won't vote for myself or Sky. And I am very unlikely to vote for you because I see no reality in which you lied about having been shot. Everybody else, sure. There's a chance we don't lose.

But here's my personal choice:

Vote Lynch: Foolio
    Spoiler:

Hey all, Im not sure whether Ill be here in time for end of day, and I'm on a small break now so I can't really read back through the days to super examine everyone. For SUDK, yes, I still think you're pretty suspicious, but I may have missed some of your posts yesterday.

As I've said before, I trust Kirby to be townie, so I'm willing to change my vote to ensure we get a vote today.

Unvote

Vote Lynch: Foolio

I may be back on another break before days end, especially if no one hammers. Ill be willing to change my vote then too if we've decided on a consensus.

Awesome Koala by Heart~

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information