+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 904: "Luffy Rampages - Save O-Tama from Danger!"

Default 904: "Luffy Rampages - Save O-Tama from Danger!"

I don't recommend making a drinking game out of the number of times Tama's name or some variant thereof has been shouted during these episodes.

Title: "Luffy Rampages - Save O-Tama from Danger!"
    Chapters Covered: rest of 916-917
    Episode Director: Masahiro Hosoda (***)
    Animation Director: Masayuki Takagi (**1/2)
    Time: 8:30PM EST
    Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Default Re: 904: "Luffy Rampages - Save O-Tama from Danger!"

One Piece Episode 905 Preview (30s)

One Piece Episode 905 Preview (15s)

One Piece: Romance Dawn PV 01 - October 20th (15s)

One Piece: Romance Dawn PV 01 - October 20th (30s)

Last edited by thaihoa91; September 28th, 2019 at 06:41 PM.

Watched the episode twice.

Pretty solid.

Not much was covered, but the extensions worked for what they were(making Holdem seem really intimidating). But I genuinely really enjoyed the storyboard and the direction was pretty solid overall. Not much in the episode animation wise, but I enjoyed the zoom ins, and the art was nice, also, some nice little character nuance throughout that made the episode feel a little bit more alive.

In saying that, I didn't care for the two flashbacks this episode. The first one wasn't too long, but the Urashima one definitely overstayed its welcome.

Overall though, pretty solid episode with some nice enough extensions, solid storyboarding, and decent art work, despite the bloated flashbacks.

Certainly an improvement over last week, the only other extension that bugged me and you didn't mention was the "Ball-de-boo" thing,
    it was funny at first but after spouting it so many times the joke kind of lost its impact.

But overall pretty solid episode, I especially enjoyed the beginning where Luffy and the others fought against the residents of Bakura Town.

T'was an average episode, though I expected it.

This episode also felt rushed, as we had 2 other animation supervisors besides Takagi who had to lend their hand and one of them was even a top credited key animator. Unnecessary flashbacks, a longer recap and a good bunch of reused animation. all of these are telling signs that this episode had a rushed schedule.
    Last edited by MythicalDragon; September 29th, 2019 at 03:53 AM.
    Monkey D. D. Ragon! So beastly he got two D's in his name!

How can people legitimately enjoy this episode? Nothing happened.
    In violently vociferating you violate your virility with vacuous vanity, vanguard of vileness. I visit my vengeance by vindictively vacating my vapours on your visage.

Originally posted by UssopSpell.

You know it’s trouble when the preview for the next week looks the same as the preview for this week.

Yeah, this episode wasn’t terrible. Bits of animation were okay and some of the shots were well-composed. The Paradise farms bit was nice, though its placement felt very haphazard/random. Though the main story didn’t move forward at all, I was happy to get the Paradise scene and the Speed introduction. They kept this episode from walking in place.

I can’t wait until we get deeper into Wano, where the chapters get way more dense and therefore translate better.
    Last edited by Zephray; September 29th, 2019 at 03:09 PM.

One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Why aren’t you writing the ANN reviews?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    You know it’s trouble when the preview for the next week looks the same as the preview for this week.

Yeah, this episode wasn’t terrible. Bits of animation were okay and some of the shots were well-composed. The Paradise farms bit was nice, though its placement felt very haphazard/random. Though the main story didn’t move forward at all, I was happy to get the Paradise scene and the Speed introduction. They kept this episode from walking in place.

I can’t wait until we get deeper into Wano, where the chapters get way more dense and therefore translate better.
    Personally, I'm looking forward to act 2 as well. Though I think the anime will probably slow down noticeably around certain parts(like Udon), I think there are enough cutaways, or things off panelled to elaborate upon accordingly...

Ugh. God....
    This was horrible.
    They're really dragging this out as much as possible...

I get why they're doing it...but still.....

Once they get past the linear part of Wano the pacing will improve tremendously.

Or so I hope...

Quote Originally Posted by JazzMazz View Post
    Personally, I'm looking forward to act 2 as well. Though I think the anime will probably slow down noticeably around certain parts(like Udon), I think there are enough cutaways, or things off panelled to elaborate upon accordingly...
    . Oh gosh, Udon will be slow. Kidd will be holding his breath for three episodes—60 minute world record.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Why aren’t you writing the ANN reviews?
    Kind of late replying to this but haha that means a lot, especially as someone who doesn't care for their reviews a whole lot
    One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information