+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 958: The Promised Port

Default Re: Chapter 958: The Promised Port

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    still betting on time travel shenanigans

no one showed up, even Luffy, Udon army, or Catviper, then we have lines like "There are signs the port was attacked" and "What in the world happened in the span of a single day?"

makes me think Kinemon and his crew got sent to the future and the showdown already happened which is why no one is there or contacting them, and why the port is in such bad shape (a battle happened) and the line "In the span of a single day" makes a hell of a lot more sense if they were sent several days after the battle, so it actually wasn't just one day but several days or even weeks

EDIT: Also, the nine of them were the rallying point behind the army but there's also nine straw hats, maybe the strawhats were the 9 people Toki predicted would defeat Orochi and he pulled a Macbeth by sending them to the future fearing they were the ones the prophecy was talking about and completely misinterpreting the prophecy
    I like this theory a lot,and it also made me think to the fact that,according to Greg,Oda watches the tv show Westworld. Now,without spoiling too much going into details,but in season 1 of that show there is something similar,a similar trick by the writers,when they make you think some events are happening at the same time,but later its revealed that some events were happening at a certain time and other events were actually happening in the future. And maybe here Oda used a similar trick. We know that there are different weathers in Wano so we dont get too suspicious when we see raining at the port and sunny in the city. But what if its actually a hint of the fact that Kinemon and co. are in a different time right now?? We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by NamiRobinFrankyAce View Post
    I like this theory a lot,and it also made me think to the fact that,according to Greg,Oda watches the tv show Westworld. Now,without spoiling too much going into details,but in season 1 of that show there is something similar,a similar trick by the writers,when they make you think some events are happening at the same time,but later its revealed that some events were happening at a certain time and other events were actually happening in the future. And maybe here Oda used a similar trick. We know that there are different weathers in Wano so we dont get too suspicious when we see raining at the port and sunny in the city. But what if its actually a hint of the fact that Kinemon and co. are in a different time right now?? We'll see.
    I'm glad you like my theory, also I watched season 1 of West World not too long ago and I know the twist your talking about and Damn was it good

Big side note, but I wonder if we'll learn more about Enma, or in they'll appear as a character or a god. Enma is the Buddhist god of hell. Could be either a character or ancient Wano figure, since Zoro and Hyori were hiding out in Enma Temple deep in the woods, and we obviously have the famous sword of the same name now in Zoro's possession. Could have served simply as foreshadowing of the name, but it gets me thinking that we'll learn more about why the name was given and who Enma might be. Just a discombobulated thought.
    Praise our king, First fist of the Sea, DonMarimo DoBuggino exploring Bonesbeard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    If someone seriously claimed that Whitebeard was running a vibrator business as his second job you'd ignore him as a troll.
    3DS FC: 2406-5148-3376

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post

Im pretty sure Oda has dropped hints. Ill read the arc again and try to analyse who was with who and so on.
    I just had two days off from my job, spent them rereading it all.

Wano does feels really nice when reading chapter by chapter without waiting for week(s).
    I didn't realize earlier how stressed Hiyori got upon hearing that the WHB had been caught, said panel gets quickly changed to Toko when Zoro says the WHB seems to be Tonayasu.(which we know is a lie).
    So Hiyori must know who the WHB is, and her only acquantince was Kyoshiro up until the current events.

When Yasu gets downed, everyone around gets on the move, except for Kanjuro, which makes sense not trying to give himself away to Orochi, but jesus Kanjuro is been done no action since introduction, is driving me crazy, every other Scabbard has had some slashing and stuff.
    And of course in the aftermath, everyone(from the alliance) who did anything gets a Wanted poster, except Kanjuro who did nothing.

Its really staring to look like Kanjuro is way more possible as a traitor now, all those rebels that Orochi kept captured even after Yasu gave his life to free them, someone had to tell Orochi not to free them cause it was all a lie, but then again, only Kanjuro was a the capital at the moment.
    Uhmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    A friend pointed me to this information. Apparently is something popular among youtube theorists, but I don't think I saw anyone mentioning it here at AP: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shimabara_Rebellion

Basically Kanjurou could be the traitor as a reference to Yamada Emosaku, a painter who supposedly was one of the rebels working under Amakusa Shiro (a name you must know from one of the thousand anime references he got) but was actually working for the Tokugawa Shogunate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    I just had two days off from my job, spent them rereading it all.

Wano does feels really nice when reading chapter by chapter without waiting for week(s).
    I didn't realize earlier how stressed Hiyori got upon hearing that the WHB had been caught, said panel gets quickly changed to Toko when Zoro says the WHB seems to be Tonayasu.(which we know is a lie).
    So Hiyori must know who the WHB is, and her only acquantince was Kyoshiro up until the current events.

When Yasu gets downed, everyone around gets on the move, except for Kanjuro, which makes sense not trying to give himself away to Orochi, but jesus Kanjuro is been done no action since introduction, is driving me crazy, every other Scabbard has had some slashing and stuff.
    And of course in the aftermath, everyone(from the alliance) who did anything gets a Wanted poster, except Kanjuro who did nothing.

Its really staring to look like Kanjuro is way more possible as a traitor now, all those rebels that Orochi kept captured even after Yasu gave his life to free them, someone had to tell Orochi not to free them cause it was all a lie, but then again, only Kanjuro was a the capital at the moment.
    Uhmmmm
    Its very possible, especially when we see what Access Timeco mentioned earlier in the thread.

You all got me scared. Not Kanjuro!
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Surely it can't be a coincidence that Oda gave a shifty character a painting devil fruit.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Yamada Emosaku was a Japanese Christian, and a prominent figure in the Shimabara Rebellion. Though a member of the Christian rebel group, he worked as an informant for the Tokugawa shogunate, betraying his fellow rebels; following the Tokugawa victory, his life was spared as a result.
    Emosaku is also known as a painter, trained by European missionaries.

Is there a chance that the traitor doesn't know he/she is a traitor? Maybe some devil fruit power or hypnosis?

The thing that comes most to my mind right now as an example is how Harry Potter could find out what Voldemort was planning/thinking in the latter books because of there connection

Is there a chance that the traitor doesn't know he/she is a traitor? Maybe some devil fruit power or hypnosis?

The thing that comes most to my mind right now as an example is how Harry Potter could find out what Voldemort was planning/thinking in the latter books because of there connection
    In an arc centered on Zoan users? Unlikely.

The only one that could theoretically have a chance of having such an ability is maybe Orochi. He's a Mythical Snake Zoan user, snakes in media often have hypnotic abilities, so hey, ya never know. I'm pretty sure hypnosis isn't tied to this mythological creature, but Oda could always ignore that.

Outside of that, maybe one of the ninjas, but that'd be an even bigger stretch.

Hi just coming here to say it's a boring week without spoilers and a chapter to look forward to. =(

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Kinemon remembered Kan the whole time, so while on DR, he never was turnt into a toy. And he was one of few People who knew Raizou was on Zou (with the possibility to smuggle a vivre Card to Raizou).
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Hi just coming here to say it's a boring week without spoilers and a chapter to look forward to. =(
    I love Soccer and One Piece. And i want to say that a One Piece Break and a Soccer Club Break on the same week should be illegal.

I'm boarding the Kanjuro as spy train...
    If that's the case, I really hope that his real drawing skills are those of a master painter, and he has always made shitty drawings in ordert to sabotage the others scabbards.

Hahaha, now that would be a twist worthy of One Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Makes you wonder what would have made him betray Oden who's been loved by everyone.

And then there would be a Squard-like twist, where he would regret his betrayal.

"There will be an answer, let it be."

Better yet would be Kyoshiro being a spy sent by Oden, currently on a 20-years old mission.

I'm rewatching Water 7 in the anime. I'm just remembering how likeable Kaku, Lucci, and Kalifa were before their betrayal. It's making me think that the traitor could be in a larger group than we think, especially when this time Oda's actually signaling that there's a traitor. Maybe we should be ready for someone who we're not ready to betray us, especially with all these disposable characters around.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Better yet would be Kyoshiro being a spy sent by Oden, currently on a 20-years old mission.
    Woop, I like this one.

Mostly because I been thinking that Toki said there would be 9 shadows coming for Orochi, and if one of them turn out to be a traitor, that would be 8, but with how much of a wild card Kyoshiro's been until now, he would make up for them to be 9 again.

I'm just remembering how likeable Kaku, Lucci, and Kalifa were before their betrayal.
    At least for me, Kaku was still generally likeable.
    It's making me think that the traitor could be in a larger group than we think, especially when this time Oda's actually signaling that there's a traitor.
    If so, then most likely only one Scabbard and and various Minks. That said, learning the motives of the traitors (especially a Scabbard traitor) would be more interesting than learning their identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    In an arc centered on Zoan users? Unlikely.

The only one that could theoretically have a chance of having such an ability is maybe Orochi. He's a Mythical Snake Zoan user, snakes in media often have hypnotic abilities, so hey, ya never know. I'm pretty sure hypnosis isn't tied to this mythological creature, but Oda could always ignore that.

Outside of that, maybe one of the ninjas, but that'd be an even bigger stretch.

I was just thinking, because Ninjas are the ones that are meant to be stealthy and on missions, what if it was Raizou.

Just imagine how heartbreaking it would be if it was him and he somehow called Orochi or Kaidou and made them send Jack.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    Makes you wonder what would have made him betray Oden who's been loved by everyone.

And then there would be a Squard-like twist, where he would regret his betrayal.
    It's pretty simple actually, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are people still thinking the same way these days.

Oden's dream was to open up the borders, what if one of his own hated this idea and ended up liking the way of thinking of Orochi and Kaido?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information