+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 959: Samurai

Default Re: Chapter 959: Samurai

Quote Originally Posted by allbluebro View Post
    P.S. I just found out Bepo has an older brother and that's why he left Zou (to find him) now I really want to meet him :(
    Sorry to disappoint you but Big Mom killed him. https://mangalife.us/read-online/One...50-page-8.html

"There will be an answer, let it be."

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you but Big Mom killed him. https://mangalife.us/read-online/One...50-page-8.html
    Zepoooooooo nooooo!!!!
    SHE MUST PAY!!! THEY ARE ENDANGERED MINK! I hate her so much now it's not even funny. Please let Kaido shove is spiked club down her fat *************&^!%@
    Also kinda starting to wonder if Master Nekomamushi is a traitor but then again i'm not a huge fan of cats. Or maybe that other kitty Pedro was evil deep down this whole time.
    There are to many damn cat Minks and one less Polar Bear mink *cries salty tears* I'm sorry but what does Oda have planned with the yonkou? One of them HAS to fall either Kaido or Big Mom, since we know Black Beard and Shanks are off the table one of those two should not make it out of this okay. Everyone is kind of in aggreance that Big Mom will make it to Elbaf and perhaps meet her end there, so Is Kaidou going to get his wish granted by Luffy and die at his hands?

Oda always said the reason why he doesn't like killing people off in One Piece is because it end's their dreams or whatever (i'm sure someone here will correct me ) But what if we have a guy like Kaidou who's dream is literally to die. He seems like your classic depressed alcoholic which I can relate with (Big Mom I am tired of and she didn't get defeated on her own turf but I don't want to see her make it to Elbaf she's arguably just as evil if not more than any character in the series and highly selfish and annoying. I Want her fat corpse dead, I don't care about her backstory I don't care about her future.
    She already let a rookie pirate come to her actual home and steal from her and she lost FISH-MAN island one of the best pieces on the monopoly board not to another Yonko but to a very small pirate crew that hadn't even been in the new world before that. Polar bear killing children eating Yonko Must die.

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    Anyways, again, your alternative is flawed because there's no realistic way to single out a Calamity, much less kill one in a timely fashion, without other Beast Pirates/Orochi's forces knowing about it. Whether it's a Calamity or Kaido himself, they'll still get alerted. Instead of waiting for a minimum of 3 super convenient opportunities to arrive for each Calamity (This alternative also weirdly dismisses the Flying Six, Numbers, etc.), the fire festival gives them a unique opportunity to handle Kaido and the bulk of his forces in one go while they're vulnerable. Then factor in Sulong, and it's easy to see why they're putting all their eggs into this particular basket.
    It comes mostly from the following observations: We have several combinations of 1-2 people who could handle a single calamity. Among these people are Shutenmaru, Cat&Dog, Luffy and Zoro and probably Law and several of the Samurai. The calamities usually spend time away from each other overseeing the business units of the Kaido empire and surround themselves with low-level fighters who stay out of the way when the big boys fight. If each of them had 1-2 of the Flying Six or Numbers around them it might be a different story but as far as I can think back they don't. That means it should be possible to form teams of 2-3 people which can dispose of all three calamities at the same time, whether they are together or not, with little to no casualties. And pointing to the Numbers might be a moot point since the festival brings tons more to the island which also raises difficulty level.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    It comes mostly from the following observations: We have several combinations of 1-2 people who could handle a single calamity. Among these people are Shutenmaru, Cat&Dog, Luffy and Zoro and probably Law and several of the Samurai. The calamities usually spend time away from each other overseeing the business units of the Kaido empire and surround themselves with low-level fighters who stay out of the way when the big boys fight. If each of them had 1-2 of the Flying Six or Numbers around them it might be a different story but as far as I can think back they don't. That means it should be possible to form teams of 2-3 people which can dispose of all three calamities at the same time, whether they are together or not, with little to no casualties. And pointing to the Numbers might be a moot point since the festival brings tons more to the island which also raises difficulty level.
    If you want to be realistic about strategy, then you have to take into consideration that once they take down the first Calamity (if things go according to your plan), the word would get to Kaidou and then the Beast Pirates will react against the rebellion. Nothing else will happen smoothly after that, and things would escalate into a standard battle between the two forces. In this scenario, the Beast Pirates would be ready and organized for war.

Besides avoiding the organization of the enemies, the attack during the Fire Festival is also justified because the alliance is gathering a huge army that their enemies shouldn't be aware of, and they have only one chance to make use of the element of surprise. Don't forget that if we disregard the informations leaked by the traitor, Kaidou should only know that Luffy and Law are in Wano to take him down, but nothing about the scabbards and the army of four thousand samurais and minks.

Also, the Beast Pirates should be drunk and wasted during the Fire Festival, so it's supposed to be easier because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    If you want to be realistic about strategy, then you have to take into consideration that once they take down the first Calamity (if things go according to your plan), the word would get to Kaidou and then the Beast Pirates will react against the rebellion. Nothing else will happen smoothly after that, and things would escalate into a standard battle between the two forces. In this scenario, the Beast Pirates would be ready and organized for war.
    The idea is that they fight all 3 calamities at the same time in different places with different teams, taking them out in short time leaving only Kaido, The Flying Six, some Numbers and maybe Kyoshiro plus tons of fodder. Assuming Luffy and maybe one other person fights Kaido, the Samurai, Minks, Strawhats, Heart pirates and the army should be plenty to handle the latter.
    Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    Also, the Beast Pirates should be drunk and wasted during the Fire Festival, so it's supposed to be easier because of that.
    The fodder maybe, but I cannot recall a single greater One Piece (or shonen villain in general) going down due to untimely alcoholism. Usually it's just a minor inconvenience or makes them even stronger. See, I would agree with you if we had made the experience that large armies make a difference in One Piece battles and one army getting drunk would severly weaken the enemy forces, but usually the major battles are decided by a handful of superhumans who are mostly immune to the effects of alcohol.

Honestly the straw hats need an official battle strategist in the crew. Why not attempt to turn the two Yonko against each other and let them kill each other in this situation, to me would be my first thought after hearing they formed an alliance. I get it that's asking for a lot but it would've been great to see someone like Momo come up with a plan like that and then he would have a place in the SH crew once this arc is over as their strategist. Even if the plan blew up for the most part but ends up working out in the end that'd earn a lot of respect for our boy Momo. Honestly it sounds like a better plan to me than "let's go knock on Kaidou's front door on this exact and somewhat predictable day with a weak unpredictable army."

Also isn't it kind of a plot hole that Kaido "want's to die" and Big Mom could make that happen with a snap of her greasy fat fingers if he'd let her, by stealing his remaining life.

Honestly the straw hats need an official battle strategist in the crew. Why not attempt to turn the two Yonko against each other and let them kill each other in this situation, to me would be my first thought after hearing they formed an alliance. I get it that's asking for a lot but it would've been great to see someone like Momo come up with a plan like that and then he would have a place in the SH crew once this arc is over as their strategist. Even if the plan blew up for the most part but ends up working out in the end that'd earn a lot of respect for our boy Momo. Honestly it sounds like a better plan to me than "let's go knock on Kaidou's front door on this exact and somewhat predictable day with a weak unpredictable army."

Also isn't it kind of a plot hole that Kaido "want's to die" and Big Mom could make that happen with a snap of her greasy fat fingers if he'd let her, by stealing his remaining life.
    They don't know that they formed an alliance, just that Big Mom is in Wano. Also good luck trying to make a plan centered around manipulating two unpredictable Yonko, who already (for now anyways) got over wanting to kill each other.

As for Kaido wanting to die, that's not a plot hole, as we don't know the specifics behind why he wants that. Also the implication anyhow is that he wants to go out with a bang if him wanting the greatest war ever is any indication.
    Last edited by Blissed; October 22nd, 2019 at 11:05 AM.

Good call, I wouldn't be surprised if they do end up taking each other out though for the record.
    What WOULD surprise me is if it only takes 24 hours for Big Mom to go from 0-100 real quick and has a drunken Kaido's bastard baby that becomes the real big boss of this arc.
    Her Devil Fruit giving her the ability to pump out a soul baby in 24 hours is believable enough for me and would make her less of a whore if they explained she just has to have a strong agreement with someone to have their "baby" and that's how she managed to pump out so many dumplings out of her pound cake oven.

Maybe I just miss Hunter Hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    The idea is that they fight all 3 calamities at the same time in different places with different teams, taking them out in short time leaving only Kaido, The Flying Six, some Numbers and maybe Kyoshiro plus tons of fodder. Assuming Luffy and maybe one other person fights Kaido, the Samurai, Minks, Strawhats, Heart pirates and the army should be plenty to handle the latter.
    I won't say that it is impossible to track down a moment when all the calamities would be isolated from each other and from the rest of the crew at the same time, but that's pushing it a little bit. We don't know if there would be such an opportunity or if the alliance could get this intel. For example, Queen rules Udon and Jack rules Kuri, but they spend most of their time in Onigashima or wherever else while the headliners do the daily chores.

Also, defeating the calamities should take a lot of time considering that Jack fought against Inu and Neko for 5 days (and let's not forget about the length of the fights against Cracker and Katakuri). The Beast Pirates could react against this assault sending reinforcements to the calamities while they don't go down, and it would once again become a standard battle.

Obviously, if Oda wanted to do that, he could easily create the opportunity to follow your ideas... but it's just as easy for him to say that the alliance didn't have the means to put this alternative plan into work, explaining that a lot of inconviences would make this plan impossible. Ultimately, this is an arbitrary decision by the author, and what is important is to hit the right beats of the narrative.

The fodder maybe, but I cannot recall a single greater One Piece (or shonen villain in general) going down due to untimely alcoholism. Usually it's just a minor inconvenience or makes them even stronger. See, I would agree with you if we had made the experience that large armies make a difference in One Piece battles and one army getting drunk would severly weaken the enemy forces, but usually the major battles are decided by a handful of superhumans who are mostly immune to the effects of alcohol.
    It's obvious that no shonen villain will ever fall down due to alcoholism because that would be anticlimactic... but the characters are not thinking of shonen rules when they elaborate the plan. It's just logical to them that the Beast Pirates would be weakened by the booze and the festive spirit. It's a gigantic surprise attack when the enemy is known to be vulnerable.

Just as an aside, funny how no canon fruit user has ever died from drowning, either. Just Eric.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

The superman of Shonen was supposed to die of a heart disease.

Things are now starting to fall into pieces.

Oars and Little Oars Jr. are residents of Onigashima.
    Their family were responsible for pulling continents now known as the Country of Wano.
    The fact that Oda put the abnormal weather condition in a narration box instead of a character dialogue seems like there was another purpose for that.
    Wano does seem like jigsaw puzzle to me.
    Moria is someone who has a high chance of coming back to Wano considering that he stole Ryuma and Oars' corpse in Wano and Onigashima respectively.
    It would tie loose ends if these corpses returns to where they were lived/buried.
    I am not saying that Ryuuma and Oars will come back to Wano re-animated but that is also a possibility.

Going back to the chapter.
    It's pretty obvious everyone will try to go to Onigashima regardless of which route they take.
    What bothers me is that Orochi did not block all the bridges leading to Flower Capital that the NPMS Alliance may use.
    He isn't dumb.
    I'm sure he has already anticipated that the scattered NPMS Alliance members will try to go to Onigashima via Flower Capital route.
    It's possible, aside from Kyoshiro, there will be other forces in the Capital from Orochi/Kaidou/Big Mom's Alliance.

Kaido would have to be scared of Big Mom, which I doubt he ever will be.

Queen's got the Funk Roronoa Zacho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by haploid View Post
    Things are now starting to fall into pieces.

Oars and Little Oars Jr. are residents of Onigashima.
    Their family were responsible for pulling continents now known as the Country of Wano.
    The fact that Oda put the abnormal weather condition in a narration box instead of a character dialogue seems like there was another purpose for that.
    Wano does seem like jigsaw puzzle to me.
    Moria is someone who has a high chance of coming back to Wano considering that he stole Ryuma and Oars' corpse in Wano and Onigashima respectively.
    It would tie loose ends if these corpses returns to where they were lived/buried.
    I am not saying that Ryuuma and Oars will come back to Wano re-animated but that is also a possibility.

Going back to the chapter.
    It's pretty obvious everyone will try to go to Onigashima regardless of which route they take.
    What bothers me is that Orochi did not block all the bridges leading to Flower Capital that the NPMS Alliance may use.
    He isn't dumb.
    I'm sure he has already anticipated that the scattered NPMS Alliance members will try to go to Onigashima via Flower Capital route.
    It's possible, aside from Kyoshiro, there will be other forces in the Capital from Orochi/Kaidou/Big Mom's Alliance.
    This sounds quite good and if it turns out to be true, congrats.
    I really like the "Wano-once-were-separate-Islands"-idea, but there is one flaw to that: how do you explain the section side view Oda showed us (with the secret entrance)?
    About the Flower Capitol not being blocked: he might still think that Kyoshirou is on his side. So he can't know a Thing About Hyori/Komurasaki. Cause if this was the case, he would know that Kyoshirou betrayed him.

They Need a motivational Speaker like Dragon in the capitol:"If you wanna drink booze more often than once a year, then feel free to join us in our fight!"
    Last edited by Roronoa Zacho; October 22nd, 2019 at 11:56 PM.
    actual sized Queen-GIF (alternative colours): https://media.giphy.com/media/SUEiLt...hgCz/giphy.gif
    My imagination of Moria's ol' crew: https://ibb.co/hEDSv8

I'm so excited to see what Oden looks like. Can't wait for tomorrow.

I feel like Oden vs Orochi confrontation will be showed like a smaller scale version of some confrontation between Shiroige and Kaido. With the Rocks flashback this will become clearer,but i feel like there could be this kind of dynamic. Two different ideologies battling each other.

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post
    Kaido would have to be scared of Big Mom, which I doubt he ever will be.
    All she has to do is get nekkid

I'm hoping Orochi actually turns out to be a badass is his own right. He doesn't need to be in order to be a good and effective villain, but it would be cool since his design is kind of goofy and harmless.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    I'm hoping Orochi actually turns out to be a badass is his own right. He doesn't need to be in order to be a good and effective villain, but it would be cool since his design is kind of goofy and harmless.
    As far as combat power or? I mean where would you all say he is on the *flash of lightning* power level scale?
    He will probably do the classic greedy little mole thing to do and end up screwing himself over.
    That or he already has because he is going to gain a false sense of confidence from his recent plan and that will backfire on him obviously because he will let his guard down.

As far as combat power or? I mean where would you all say he is on the *flash of lightning* power level scale?
    He will probably do the classic greedy little mole thing to do and end up screwing himself over.
    That or he already has because he is going to gain a false sense of confidence from his recent plan and that will backfire on him obviously because he will let his guard down.
    Yeah, I meant I hope he can hold his own in a fight and won't be personally defensless when the final battles start. I could see Usopp or Momo taking him on in a gag fight or something, but I'm hoping he'll be able to fight on par with a mid level character at least.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information