+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Beastars

Default Re: Beastars

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    That feeling when the manga is special and I'm only on chapter 3 and realize there are well over a hundred :D
    Well, Iím just weekly in the last 5-6 chapters. I usually start following a series when they are well beyond the 100 chapter too rs.

I don't think I can do this series weekly. I've really enjoyed large swaths of it so far, but I want that immersive quality that you only really get on a binge. Seems like any less wouldn't do it justice, in some way. So maybe a break for a few months :(

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    binged through the manga in 2 days, havnt been this invested in a new manga for... a veeeryyyy long time, i cant even remember when.
    saaaaame I haven't had a feeling like this since freaking One Piece and that was back at the start of the previous decade

I binged as well (took a little under a week) and was deeply invested in the first arc that ended with the capture of the bear, but for some reason my interest went down a bit after that. Maybe a few craks showing up in the world build-up, or a lot of the secondary cast and problematics being left out after Legosi quit school. There are still some brilliant elements in the current storyline, but somehow it doesn't feel as intense.. Not all the time, anyway.

Still a very good read though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    I binged as well (took a little under a week) and was deeply invested in the first arc that ended with the capture of the bear, but for some reason my interest went down a bit after that. Maybe a few craks showing up in the world build-up, or a lot of the secondary cast and problematics being left out after Legosi quit school. There are still some brilliant elements in the current storyline, but somehow it doesn't feel as intense.. Not all the time, anyway.

Still a very good read though.
    I think it's because
    Spoiler:
    Melon it's too much of a caricature of a psychopath while Riz was a real one.

Last edited by pariston_hill; February 1st, 2020 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Damn cntl c + v

We're making progress, ha.
    Athough, for some reason you linked a Jojo fanart instead of the lastest chapter(s).

https://mangadex.org/chapter/789376/1
    https://mangadex.org/chapter/794804/1
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Well that was the Dolph Inquisition for sure.
    https://mangadex.org/chapter/799932/1

I've been binging this thing recently, and have been digging it a lot. Nuanced characters, great art, and an immense dedication to investigating its central themes, which are mostly really, REALLY interesting. Its not just that the world is cool, its how the series interrogates said world.

That said, I'm going through the "Melon" arc right now, and the storytelling wheels are feeling quite a bit shakier. The series developed a bit of an odd flow back in the Tems Killer arc, but now it often feels like the manga goes "and now, this!", which can be disorienting. Mostly, the character of Melon just feels awkward, despite being very interesting thematically.

I don't really get why no one can apparently catch him, least of all Yafa. He doesn't seem very discreet.
    I don't really get what his overall goal is, as he keeps popping up in various roles.
    I don't get how he became the boss of the Lion Mafia, or why they don't just murder him. They all seem to hate working for him.
    Mostly, I don't get why he's so apparently untouchable. He's freaky and evil, sure, but beyond him owning a gun its not like he's been established as dangerous in and of himself.

The series still has lots of interesting moments, but when it comes to Melon it feels like its winging things, big time.

100% agree. As much as I could see kind and naive Legosi letting him go the first time he was caught, I don't buy that none of the other big shots got rid of him by now.
    Plus, as far as psychos go he is really over-the-top. It's like Pariston said, the bear was much more believable. I hope Melon doesn't stick around too long...

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    I don't get how he became the boss of the Lion Mafia, or why they don't just murder him. They all seem to hate working for him.
    Last chapter touched upon this, they aren't particularly brave by nature. They just put on a bravado due to the stereotype of "lion king of jungle".

Mostly, I don't get why he's so apparently untouchable. He's freaky and evil, sure, but beyond him owning a gun its not like he's been established as dangerous in and of himself.
    i think Melon is a good concept applied badly. And I guess that besides plot, there is just one justifiable way to way he keeps getting away.
    In a world with almost none genetic variation, those that that have (Melon and Legoshi), have an edge.
    That could be tied to how Legoshi can win fights, and it's constantly hammered to us that he is not particularly good at it and soft in it for a carnivore.

Melon party on December 26th, be there or be...a square melon, I dunno.
    https://mangadex.org/chapter/808431/1

This was Spanish Inquisition level's on unexepected
    https://mangadex.org/chapter/814348/1

Unexpected, but gets to me more than all the Melobn shenanigans

A little fluff as a side dish
    https://mangadex.org/chapter/816710/1

Louis the Therapist dropping bombs.
    https://mangadex.org/chapter/824607/1

Quite the quiz, I gotta say xD Stuff like this is among the plentiful reasons I absolutely adore this manga.
    We all float down here!

Well. The anime was being recommended in practically all my nerd groups. So I binged 12 episodes...Now I need more lol.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information