+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Witcher

Default Re: The Witcher

Second season be coming in 2021!

I've beaten The Wither 3 one and a half times, and boy this tv show makes me play it again (or finish one I started). Playing it I really knew little of people's relationship and who anyone was, their history etc.

And then Blood and Wine, which was excellent.

1 and 2 still hold out pretty decently. 2 especially. My brother just finished 1 again and has started 2. I find myself just lurking during the dialogues from time to time.

You can at least watch a youtube recap of 1 and try to play 2. Just take a look at opening intro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

I actually wanted to play Witcher 3, then i learned about the big amount of stories existing out there that would at least enhance the enjoyment of playing the game, and it was too much.

But the thing is, Geralt from Witcher 1 has suffered a memory loss, so it works for a player going in fresh. Couple of youtube vids with story recaps of 1 and 2 and you're good to go. And like I said, Witcher 2 still holds out pretty good today. 1 is little clunkier and harder to adjust to in this age, but it's story is still as engaging as it was. Plus there are mods to make things easier, assuming you play on PC.

And Witcher 3, after a starting area, gives you the option to choose some key choices in previous 2 games in the form of a conversation with another character. Sort of a story recap, summing up. For example, you choose whether one of the "villains" from 2 will eventually appear if you opt to let him live.

You definitely shouldn't let the fact you haven't read the books deter you from playing.

Razh, that Letho scene practically oozes badassness. Possibly one of the best intros to a game I've ever seen.

It's amazing, every minute detail of it.

And Witcher 2 is filled with awesome moments. Unexpected twists, enemies, battlefields, characters, dialogues, voice acting, the humor. If you loved the show, you will have a blast with dialogues filled with sarcasm, irony and references to the state of the world.

There's a line in dialogue in W1 when you're talking to a lowlife and he warns you about some guy - "He's dangerous. He has... concessions!"
    And you as Geralt is like - "Connections, you mean." in a dry bored tone. Love the little things like that.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information