+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Thread

Default The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Thread

Now that US authorities have lost control of Coronavirus and it's spreading up and down the west coast, the CDC has advised everyone to have at least two weeks of nonperishable food and water on hand.

What kind of Coronavirus cuisine will you guys be eating?

I'll be making onigiri filled with peanut butter, sardines, anchovies or salmon, various types of instant noodles, PB&J sandwiches and a lot of instant oatmeal.

Default Re: The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Thread

God I hate that it has come to this. I am honestly terrified and I hate that I cant be at ease around strangers anymore.

Well, Brazil went from having 20 possible cases, only one confirmed that'd been to Italy, to 180. I guess it's just us being hysterical over the thing, we tend to make a big deal outta of small things and a small outta of big. So far, so good. So good look to those in imminent lock down.

I kinda wanna wear a plague mask in public just to mess with people (though that would probably weird people out even if there was no Coronavirus).

But for real, while it does seem we get a disease scare every few years, it doesn't hurt to be on the safe side. Just stay clean, wash your hands, and all that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    I kinda wanna wear a plague mask in public just to mess with people (though that would probably weird people out even if there was no Coronavirus).

But for real, while it does seem we get a disease scare every few years, it doesn't hurt to be on the safe side. Just stay clean, wash your hands, and all that stuff.
    Even though I'm absolutely sure you're joking around, it's fucked up the reaction some are having in reaction to this and embracing their stupidity and racism.

Here in the NYC area, we had at least two different asian americans assaulted in fear evoked irrational attacks. One being a woman just on the subway.

Now of course, deciding to physically interact with someone you fear has a disease is just insanely stupid on every and all fronts, but it shows how a panic like this gives certain maniacs all the rational they need to go nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

In Hungary, I heard they're already blaming Soros, because why the hell not.

Other than that, certain foodstuffs like flour, rice, pasta etc. are already missing from the shelves. Not the whole grain stuff though, so guess who'll be eating whole-grain pasta in the quarantine. I just need a few bags of frozen vegetables, and I'm ready to go. Also some vitamins.

Interestingly, some "Chinese" shops and boutiques (I put Chinese in parentheses, because of course they're not all run by Chinese people, but we usually refer to them as Chinese shops) made signs reading "We're Vietnamese".

I've noticed stuff like rice and lentils being unavailable in a couple stores in my area (Boston) as well.

I'm certainly not panicking or stocking up on anything (aside from the things you should have anyway) but following usual common sense hygenic procedures is the way to go, as always. I've been making sure to shoot anyone I see coughing directly on things many people touch like grocery store checkout counters and other possible contagion vectors or just not covering their mouths in general very dirty looks. That's not cool normally and you'd think that in these times people would know better.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    I've been making sure to shoot anyone [...]
    That seems a bit harsh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    [..] very dirty looks.
    Oh, I get it.

I'm only stocking up on things I know I'll eat anyway in a reasonable amount of time. I mean, I bought beets that'll good for 2 years to come, I'll get to them eventually, quarantine or not.

I honestly should stock up on rice, since we've basically run out and it's always good to have, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post
    That seems a bit harsh...

Oh, I get it.

I'm only stocking up on things I know I'll eat anyway in a reasonable amount of time. I mean, I bought beets that'll good for 2 years to come, I'll get to them eventually, quarantine or not.
    Those people should be shot too. With a syringe that is.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    If I had a full plague doctor costume I would wear at random times just o mess with people. But frankly, this my not be the best time to try that.

An interesting article talking about how contagious COVID-19 really is (hint: it's nowhere near measles or smallpox):
    https://www.popsci.com/story/health/...yfh_QHe1Y7A3Kk

So yeah, I wouldn't be so worried if fucking Trump hadn't put a knife through our epidemic offices.

Power of a hippo! Kaba Kaba Fruit's Avatar

I'm a practitioner of good health like anyone else but...

can someone care to enlighten me what symptoms you can suffer from that can lead to potential death with the virus? And is it a matter of having a weak immune system?

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    So yeah, I wouldn't be so worried if fucking Trump hadn't put a knife through our epidemic offices.
    It's really a lot worse than that.

In Brooklyn there's a man who just came back from Japan and should be high on the list of people getting tested, but the CDC is refusing because "he's not sick enough".

With Pence being set up as a guard dog against essential Coronavirus information getting out, and Trump actively calling the Coronavirus a hoax, it's hard for me not to see this all as a crazy plan to bury news about the disease in an attempt to save the stock market from further drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaba Kaba Fruit View Post
    I'm a practitioner of good health like anyone else but...

can someone care to enlighten me what symptoms you can suffer from that can lead to potential death with the virus? And is it a matter of having a weak immune system?
    The risk factors are being over 50, having a weakened immune system and significant preexisting breathing problems.

Allegedly there's also an increased risk of death for young children but none have actually been reported dead so it may not be as significant as the risk for the elderly.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

I'm still quite indifferent to it, I wish media was this freak out for Colestherol.

(Yawns) Is it anything Soros is not blamed for lately? Who's gonna be the all-to-blame when Soros dies?

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    I'm still quite indifferent to it, I wish media was this freak out for Colestherol.

(Yawns) Is it anything Soros is not blamed for lately? Who's gonna be the all-to-blame when Soros dies?
    The ghost of Soros obviously.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ed-in-illinois
    A patient in Illinois has tested positive for coronavirus, according to state and county health officials.

The Illinois Department of Public Health and the Cook County Department of Public Health confirmed to The Hill Saturday that the patient’s tests resulted in “presumptive positives” and will need to be confirmed by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The patient is hospitalized in isolation and is being treated in compliance with CDC protocols. Public health officials are seeking people who were in contact with the patient to reduce the possible spread.
    Well, it's gone from the West Coast to a very midwest/eastern state. I'm assuming it could show up in the rest of the U.S now.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    An interesting article talking about how contagious COVID-19 really is (hint: it's nowhere near measles or smallpox):
    It is, on the other hand, remarkably similar, in both infection and fatality rate to the 1918 H1N1 strain AKA The Spanish Flu.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post

Soros won't ever die, everyone knows he made a pact with the devil and became a vampire ages ago. He just had to bathe in/drink patriotic Hungarians' blood every few years and he's all set.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    It is, on the other hand, remarkably similar, in both infection and fatality rate to the 1918 H1N1 strain AKA The Spanish Flu.
    That's not considering the huge advances in medicine, right? And people washing their hands more often, and there not being a World War in Europe.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

He should die eventually, wonder what the internet will come up with when that day comes.

I mean, he's even blamed for Feminism here(yes feminism), but my country is greatly misogynist and dumb, so I wouldnt expect less.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information