+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 974: Onward to Onigashima!

Default Re: Chapter 974: Onward to Onigashima!

Author Comments

One Piece
    Eiichiro Oda

I received SixPad foot training gear from my editor for New Year’s, and it’s really effective!

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Default Re: Spoilers 974

Oh, Sweet Lord! That was the craziest chapter I have ever read in my life.
    Had I not been spoiled before, it would have had an even greater impact on me right now.
    GODAA You are amazing. Just amazing.

The theory I came up with around a year ago that Komurasaki's death was set up by Kyoshiro aka Denjiro in order to save her/Hiyori also came true.
    Take that Odacchi.

Although I am a little confused here. When exactly did Orochi have this chat with Kanjuro?
    Because Oden met Kanjuro on his way to Kuri when he was exiled by his father, Sukiyaki at the age of 18.
    So does that mean Kanjuro decided to play Orochi's puppet after he was already Oden's retainer?? That's a even greater betrayal.

What I mean is that in this panel, Orochi is already a Shogun.
    When Oden met Kanjuro and made him his retainer, Sukiyaki was the shogun and Orochi was nothing but a servant and Kaidou wasn't in Wano. Are you getting my point??a

here we goooooo to read the chapter
    ~ The Will Of D. ~

What an immensely satisfying chapter. Combing through all previous chapters and picking up on the subtle hints, and to have it confirmed elevated the chapter for me.

But it doesn't end there, the worst gen entrance was fantastic as well. "When you're on sea you face pirates" A simple line but gave me goosebumps!

Can't wait for next week.

Kanjuro explaining why the scabbards are idiots for never suspecting one of them earlier definitely exposed how idiotic they are. How many signals do they need that there is a traitor for them to root one out? Denjiro was the only smart one to tell Hiyori to keep secrets, even from the allies

Quote Originally Posted by Darkestsith6 View Post
    Kanjuro explaining why the scabbards are idiots for never suspecting one of them earlier definitely exposed how idiotic they are. How many signals do they need that there is a traitor for them to root one out? Denjiro was the only smart one to tell Hiyori to keep secrets, even from the allies
    They kinda had no reason to believe there was a traitor in the midst due to the whole boiling pot thing.

I mean, this guys have known each for decades. It's natural they wouldn't suspect each other.

Quote Originally Posted by NoxDraz View Post
    Oh, Sweet Lord! That was the craziest chapter I have ever read in my life.
    Had I not been spoiled before, it would have had an even greater impact on me right now.
    GODAA You are amazing. Just amazing.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ETKcYDiU...png&name=small

The theory I came up with around a year ago that Komurasaki's death was set up by Kyoshiro aka Denjiro in order to save her/Hiyori also came true.
    Take that Odacchi.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ETKcynKU...png&name=small
    Although I am a little confused here. When exactly did Orochi have this chat with Kanjuro?
    Because Oden met Kanjuro on his way to Kuri when he was exiled by his father, Sukiyaki at the age of 18.
    So does that mean Kanjuro decided to play Orochi's puppet after he was already Oden's retainer?? That's a even greater betrayal.

What I mean is that in this panel, Orochi is already a Shogun.
    When Oden met Kanjuro and made him his retainer, Sukiyaki was the shogun and Orochi was nothing but a servant and Kaidou wasn't in Wano. Are you getting my point??a
    Orochi is not shogun when he's talking to Kanjuro. I think the implication is that it happened when Kanjuro was a kid, which would be before the flashback even started.

Also I didn't realize it with the scans, but Orochi is giving Kanjuro his devil fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    Also I didn't realize it with the scans, but Orochi is giving Kanjuro his devil fruit.
    I wonder if the Kurozomi having access to so many devil fruits will become a plot point.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Something that wasn't that clear to me in the scans compared to Stephen's translation.

Spoiler:

Now obviously I never believed that Luffy could pilot the ship by himself so I assumed that he has the crew with him, Oda just didn't show them to give emphasis to Law Kid and Luffy. My assumption is that Jinbei is here giving Luffy some helmsmanship underneath the ship because the storm is rough to navigate.

Also right to left in this panel is I assume, Nami then Z
    oro then Luffy. Plus the panel here indicates the ship took damage in the attack, but Franky the wizard repaired it in a jiff.

Really enjoyed this chapter

Orochi continue to be the superior villain of the arc.

I quite enjoy the reveal where Kanjuro switch from being Kin's best friend to the sinister traitor. Really feels like he's enjoying twisting the knife. And it seems fitting to me since people in Wano seems to take revenge to the extreme wether it is the citizen killing the dam killers family for generations or Orochi destroying Wano.

My only thing is I don't see why he would have Kanjuro break his cover now and now back in Dressrosa when the situation was basically the same and with way allies in proximity. Or have Kanjuro sink the boat by accident and die loyal retainer like last time.

Law had the best entrance raising from the deep to save the samurai. Kid has the best looking ship.

Fucking hype ass chapter! Enough people have seen the Kanjuro reveal coming through a while that it wasn't a surprise, but it was still effective!
    Same with the HIyori thing. I wasn't convinced that it was Denjiro, but I never for a second thought Kyoushiro hadn't faked her death.
    Overall this was worth the wait and I'm really looking forward to whatever is next. This was a great week to reinforce the utility of not reading spoilers, lmao.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    My only thing is I don't see why he would have Kanjuro break his cover now and now back in Dressrosa when the situation was basically the same and with way allies in proximity. Or have Kanjuro sink the boat by accident and die loyal retainer like last time.
    His act wasn't up then, I guess. He would have died with them in Dressrossa, but Orochi had given him permission to wait until this time to get out of character.

edit: I'm wondering how much shit can be explained by Kanjuro's clones after a reread.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    His act wasn't up then, I guess. He would have died with them in Dressrossa, but Orochi had given him permission to wait until this time to get out of character.
    I dont have any problem with Kanjuro. My problem is why Orochi would make him break character now. It can't be because he think he won considering that was already sure with Oden's burning or they first showed up at Dressrosa, or even Zou. I have a hard time buying Orochi took the precaution of keeping Kanjuro under wraps all those time but suddenly he tells him to reveal himself.

So the 4200 strong fleet is just at a different port according to Kidd? Where did all the debris come from?

Orochi's fruit is really weird, I wonder if it's artificial? In the panel with Shadow-Kanjuro you see two snakeheads towering behind Orochi, but he's still in human form. Do they grow out of his back or what? Is this his hybrid mode?
    Thinking about it, Marco was also able to transform only a part of his body into a Phoenix, while other Zoan users either transformed completely or were at least forced into a real hybrid appearance, facial features and all that...

I dont have any problem with Kanjuro. My problem is why Orochi would make him break character now. It can't be because he think he won considering that was already sure with Oden's burning or they first showed up at Dressrosa, or even Zou. I have a hard time buying Orochi took the precaution of keeping Kanjuro under wraps all those time but suddenly he tells him to reveal himself.
    His biggest worry was the prophecy. Kanjuro had seemingly completed his task of stifling that and assuaging Orochi's fears. I think that's why the 20 years was emphasized this chapter. If Orochi knew about what was happening in Dressrosa while it was happening, he might have given him the go ahead, but it doesn't appear he did know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    So the 4200 strong fleet is just at a different port according to Kidd? Where did all the debris come from?
    The fact that they switched port indicate someone suspected their was a traitor. I suppose they made those boats as lure for Orochi to make him think the old plan was still the real one
    Last edited by Kdom; March 15th, 2020 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Switching port in a hurry?

Orochi's fruit is really weird, I wonder if it's artificial? In the panel with Shadow-Kanjuro you see two snakeheads towering behind Orochi, but he's still in human form. Do they grow out of his back or what? Is this his hybrid mode?
    I took it as visual liberty like Kanjuro being a shadow.

Thinking about it, Marco was also able to transform only a part of his body into a Phoenix, while other Zoan users either transformed completely or were at least forced into a real hybrid appearance, facial features and all that...
    I think we only saw three form him. Full human, full bird, and the one where his hands are wings and his feet become bird feet.

I think we only saw three form him. Full human, full bird, and the one where his hands are wings and his feet become bird feet.
    That's his "Monet" form.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Man, remember when there was serious discussion here about if Bariete was the traitor?

The more I read this chapter, the more I feel like Kanjuro will turn into a good guy. He's been so into his role and has no motivation for anything but death so it just feels like he could easily make it into his real life. If he's not a double agent already - perhaps he informed the pirates?

Spoiler:

I suppose next chapter we will get a little flashback explaining how they outmaneuvered Orochi.
    Last edited by Claudio; March 15th, 2020 at 12:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information