+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 3925

Thread: American Politics: We're in for it now

  1. #81

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    I'm incredibly thankful that Cuomo is governor and not Cynthia Nixon.

    I can't fucking believe that I'm saying this.
    Was there something she did recently?

  2. #82

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    When Trump first started his press briefings, I missed that he was apparently going to start going these daily. I watched the first few, but I've stopped altogether. Now every day I see a news channel recommend a White House press briefing, and I haven't forgotten these are daily just get confused and ask "what, another one?"

    It doesn't help that these things have only become more useless and insane as things go one. It's infuriating to see a reporter ask about death figures and safety recommendations, only to see the President break down and start yelling at them while neglecting to answer the question.

  3. #83

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    The briefings are basically a pacifier to take the place of his rallies.
    Complicating things since 2009.

  4. #84

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    It's infuriating to see a reporter ask about death figures and safety recommendations, only to see the President break down and start yelling at them while neglecting to answer the question.
    Can relate pretty much on this.


  5. #85
    Lost in Traslation Katzztar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    I've seen reports of some reporters either not going to the daily briefins or get up and leave.
    What is needed is a mass of everyone getting up and leaving. Let's hear what Dr. Fouchi has to say, then when TRump opens his mouth, everyone stands up and walks out on him.

  6. #86

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    I've seen reports of some reporters either not going to the daily briefins or get up and leave.
    What is needed is a mass of everyone getting up and leaving. Let's hear what Dr. Fouchi has to say, then when TRump opens his mouth, everyone stands up and walks out on him.
    That's pretty much what some news channels are doing now.

    Of course Trump is jelous of Fauci getting praise and credit and might be firing him soon for daring to tell the truth to the world instead of saying Trump is perfect and great.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  7. #87
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Somebody get Andrew Cuomo a bodyguard, because Trump definitely doesn't like how much praise he's been getting.

  8. #88

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Andy Cuomo has become a national hero because he is on teevee each day looking decisive while quietly cutting medicaid and hospital funding in the middle of a pandemic (not to mention, slashing health care spending for nearly a decade before the pandemic hit). This is literally everything Donald Trump aspires to attain.

  9. #89
    Discovered Stowaway The D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    My mom is officially no longer voting for trumpy thanks to the pandemic. That's something to me at least.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

  10. #90

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    So... almost a month ago it came out that Joe Biden was being accused of rape (specifically digital penetration), and his accuser found suspicious and incredibly unreasonable obstacles in seeking justice.
    Most media outlets would not interview her.
    When she went to Time's Up, a major feminist aid organization, they refused to offer her legal aid explicitly because her rapist was a presidential candidate. Shortly afterwards, the managing director of Time's Up's public relations firm, Anita Dunn, was given a cushy job with the Biden campaign, and the firm itself was directly paid eight hundred thousand dollars by the campaign.

    Eventually, Biden's accuser (Tara Reade) ended up doing multiple interviews with progressive outlets, where she finally told her story to the public and mentioned that she had attempted to seek aid from the Warren campaign in getting the story out.

    Spoiler:


    After a week or so, conservative outlets started to cover the story, but almost all liberal news outlets remained silent in a truly Fox News-esque attempt to bury the story. I watched in horror and rage as CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times, The Washington Post etc all became rape apologists in order to protect Joe Biden.
    Yahoo News published an article on the allegation, but suspiciously moved it to the sports section within a few hours, causing the link people were sharing on twitter to stop working.

    When The New York Times finally did report on the story (after Bernie withdrew from the race), they ended up censoring a portion of the article that mentioned other accusations against Biden at the Biden campaign's request.

    This tweet was also deleted a few days later:


    Tara Reade has since filed a police report against Joe Biden.

  11. #91

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    We found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Biden, beyond hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable.
    Seriously, you just wrote the pattern. To thing SUV is two decades old and running and people learned nothing.

    As much as I dislike senile Joe, the oligarchy running the DNC has spoken, so he is the only hope in getting the psycho orange out of office.


  12. #92

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Joe Biden was voted as the nominee by the electorate. I can’t believe we’ve had to endure five years of this childish sore loserism and conspiracy mongering now.

  13. #93
    Discovered Stowaway The D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Yeah, sexual assault accusations should only be taken seriously if they're against republicans! Get that fake news out of here, blue!
    Gonna give ya the D.!

  14. #94

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    Yeah, sexual assault accusations should only be taken seriously if they're against republicans! Get that fake news out of here, blue!
    I think she's parodying the Trump supporter narrative.

    Change three words and:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Joe Biden was voted as the nominee by the electorate. I can’t believe we’ve had to endure five years of this childish sore loserism and conspiracy mongering now.
    Becomes:

    Donald Trump was voted as the president by the electorate. I can’t believe we’ve had to endure five years of this childish sore loserism and conspiracy mongering now.

  15. #95
    Discovered Stowaway The D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    I think she's parodying the Trump supporter narrative.

    Change three words and:



    Becomes:
    If that's true then I was fooled good. But there are people who genuinely believe that shit, so you can't be too careful.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

  16. #96

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    I don't want to speak for Kaiolino but y'all were quick to jump to the idea that comment was referring to the Sexual Assault Allegations and not Pariston's "the oligarchy running the DNC has spoken" part.

    The "DNC Rigged the election against Bernie!" Narrative existed long before the Allegations against Biden picked up steam and thus stands separate from it.

    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

  17. #97
    Discovered Stowaway The D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    I don't want to speak for Kaiolino but y'all were quick to jump to the idea that comment was referring to the Sexual Assault Allegations and not Pariston's "the oligarchy running the DNC has spoken" part.

    The "DNC Rigged the election against Bernie!" Narrative existed long before the Allegations against Biden picked up steam and thus stands separate from it.
    The dnc rigging narrative is stupid, but so is blaming Bernie and his supporters for the establishment candidate losing. I think the primaries have shown that Bernie's supporters won't even vote for him, let alone some centrist douchebag. If biden can't mobilize his supporters then he has no one to blame for his inevitable loss but himself. Blue has shown that there's some shady shit going on with the msm protecting biden. You can't deny that.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

  18. #98

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Nobody blamed Bernie or his supporters for anything just now except maybe, if I read the comment right, some "Sore Loserism".

    You're getting defensive over nothing.

    Some of us are in a very shitty position right now. I'm part of a minority group who has already been actively targeted by the Trump administration. Worst case scenario here, if Trump and the GOP go full Fascist (which it seriously appears they want to) I could be the first to be rounded up and put in camps.

    And before people tell me to relax and that's not going to happen: That's what people keep saying.
    "Relax, Trump won't beat Hillary"
    "Relax, it was all talk, he won't REALLY try to Ban Muslims"
    "Relax, Trump won't go after LGBT people because he held up that PRIDE flag that one time."

    The problem is, it's not possible for anyone to stop him without the support of the GOP, the people who directly benefit from him staying in Office. If nobody stops him, he can do whatever the hell he wants.

    I am TERRIFIED right now and my last and now only option to fix this is to vote for Joe freaking Biden and hope he wins.

    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

  19. #99
    Discovered Stowaway The D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Nobody blamed Bernie or his supporters for anything just now except maybe, if I read the comment right, some "Sore Loserism".

    You're getting defensive over nothing.

    Some of us are in a very shitty position right now. I'm part of a minority group who has already been actively targeted by the Trump administration. Worst case scenario here, if Trump and the GOP go full Fascist (which it seriously appears they want to) I could be the first to be rounded up and put in camps.

    And before people tell me to relax and that's not going to happen: That's what people keep saying.
    "Relax, Trump won't beat Hillary"
    "Relax, it was all talk, he won't REALLY try to Ban Muslims"
    "Relax, Trump won't go after LGBT people because he held up that PRIDE flag that one time."

    The problem is, it's not possible for anyone to stop him without the support of the GOP, the people who directly benefit from him staying in Office. If nobody stops him, he can do whatever the hell he wants.

    I am TERRIFIED right now and my last and now only option to fix this is to vote for Joe freaking Biden and hope he wins.
    I wouldn't be comforted by biden if I were you. The guy isn't exactly progressive. Best case scenario is congress goes full lefty sooner than later. But that's about as likely to happen as biden winning in November.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

  20. #100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    I don't want to speak for Kaiolino but y'all were quick to jump to the idea that comment was referring to the Sexual Assault Allegations and not Pariston's "the oligarchy running the DNC has spoken" part.

    The "DNC Rigged the election against Bernie!" Narrative existed long before the Allegations against Biden picked up steam and thus stands separate from it.
    Honestly I've seen more than enough rape apologist Biden Bros attacking Tara to say that the assumption was somewhat justified.

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    I am TERRIFIED right now and my last and now only option to fix this is to vote for Joe freaking Biden and hope he wins.
    Well, fortunately there are no viable third party alternatives to act as spoilers. The Libertarian candidate is a social conservative, the Green Party candidate is such a nobody that there's still an open invitation for Bernie to take the nomination, and Bernie is fully committed to backing Biden.
    Last edited by RoboBlue; April 21st, 2020 at 10:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 1 guests)

  1. darktravis
  2. pariston_hill
  3. The Franky Tank

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts