+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Volume 97 Predictions/Discussion

Default Re: Volume 97 Predictions/Discussion

Almost seemed too early for a Kaido side cover anyway lol

So 10 or 11 chapters? Both "My Bible" and "New Onigashima Project" could end the volume.

I'm sticking with my 10 chapter bet. New Onigashima is bigger in terms of plot, but we know Oda loves to have a really climactic, keep-you-hooked-for-the-next-one final page, and the Yamato reveal fits the bill far better than Him and Luffy just running.

Also, 10 chapters here means volume 98 is that much closer, and I'm sure the marketing people will be keen on a few quick releases after this volume was delayed so much from the usual schedule. I'm sure they wouldn't get the final say in it, but it's hard to believe that kind of thing wouldn't be considered at all.

I didn't love the last 2 covers and since it releases in September, the reveal of the cover has to be near. I hope the cover is gorgeous.

I stick to the Tobi Roppo possibly not making the cover because it feels like too much of a spoiler. I think the Scabbards make it. They have been the focus since the flashback, even tho Yamato and the Tobi Roppo took over. Maybe Onigashima.

I think 985 ends the volume. Kaido finally making that big announcement will suffice

I think it will have 10 chapters. It will be called "Joining the Battle", "Introducing the Tobiroppo" or "Family Problem". Yamato will be in the cover, but in the background (probably showing only "face") and using his mask.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Volume 97: 200 pages.

*probably 10 Chapters (as you expected earlier).

Yup, that looks like 10 chapters by my math. 975 to 984, ending on the Yamato reveal. Now all we need is the cover...

Good, so it will end with Yamato's reveal. Masked Yamato on the cover?

So that means we'll get official colors for Yamato. Can't wait for this cover.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

I'm not holding my breath for even masked Yamato. It's not impossible, but only appearing about 20 pages from the end of the book and there being so many other characters in focus through the first half makes me think he'll be saved for the next one.

Yeah Yamato is defo next one, not this one. This one could have a few things. We could get Luffy, Law and Kidd. We could get the Tobi Roppo as well. But I think whatever we get, Jinbei will be on the cover as this is when he returns.

with all the tobbi roppo being introduced, and orochi not dead yet, this would be the perfect volume cover for all the bad guys, beast pirates + orochi, then the next cover could be the alliance + marco + yamato.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I'm not holding my breath for even masked Yamato. It's not impossible, but only appearing about 20 pages from the end of the book and there being so many other characters in focus through the first half makes me think he'll be saved for the next one.
    Oda throws Shanks onto every cover where he has any appearance in the volume at all, no matter how small. He doesn't care about page count or spoilers. He'll do whatever he feels like doing.

That said, I don't see him wrecking the girl form reveal on the cover, so probably just getting the mask mode this time, and full colors next time.
    Last edited by Robby; July 29th, 2020 at 04:19 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Oda throws Shanks onto every cover where he has any appearance in the volume at all, no matter how small. He doesn't care about page count or spoilers. He'll do whatever he feels like doing.

That said, I don't see him wrecking the girl form reveal on the cover, so probably just getting the mask mode this time, and full colors next time.
    Of course. And there's things like Sniper King on volume 38 even though he doesn't appear til the literal last page of the volume. Vivi also gets that Shanks treatment. And we try to guess a lot of these kinds of things based on precedent but Oda has absolute power to set new precedents and break old ones whenever he wants. My gut feeling still tells me no Yamato, but that's really all it is. And I've been plenty wrong about things like that before.

I feel Yamato will be in the background, close-up on his mask, and even in colored in a single color instead of showing his color scheme.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmamentHero View Post
    So that means we'll get official colors for Yamato. Can't wait for this cover.
    Considering the mask comes with its own fake hair, the only color we would get from a masked!Yamato would be the clothes. I mean, Oda is not against spoiling things on cover, but assuming the volume's final panel is Yamato's face reveal I think showing the actual appearance on the cover would be too much even for him.

Anyways, I am hoping this will be the "enemies only" cover, so Yamato waiting until 98 would fit what I want.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; July 29th, 2020 at 09:33 AM.

I have been curious about Yamato's skin tone. It might be a lil darker like Kaido. If Yamato is shown on the cover, then the arms could reveal that

Dunno. The "Villains" and "Allies" covers usally are the third and second last of the arc and it seems yet to early for it. They'll probably be 98 and 99 imho.
    Last edited by rayleigh92; July 29th, 2020 at 09:39 AM.
    Prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    a team of allosaurus, spinosaurus, pterodactyl, branchiosaurus, triceratops and ankylosaurus, keeping the T-Rex one for King and megalodon for Queen.
    what if Rocks wanted to become the king of world... and he did i? Imu revealed to be Rocks could be a twist

Dunno. The "Villains" and "Allies" covers usally are the third and second last of the arc and it seems yet to early for it. They'll probably be 98 and 99 imho.
    Honestly, depending on how long it takes to get to the main battles, I can even see it around 100/101/102.

I think it's too early for a enemy cover, too. The Tobi Roppo are only introduced in this volume. Even late arrivals like Katakuri and the second half of CP9 were already introduced when the 'clashing covers' happened. They usually happen when the fights are actually going on. So I think this one will focus more on the Luffy/Kid/Apoo etc, then 98 maybe in the scabbards, 99 will be the Beast Pirates and 100 the SHs. Because it just makes sense to have the cover of 100 be something special.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information