+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Volume 97 Predictions/Discussion

Default Re: Volume 97 Predictions/Discussion

I bumped this thread really late into July because it was getting close to when some of the cover is revealed. 2-3 weeks later and still no hints of the cover. Maybe this next issue has something. The cover usually arrives in some capacity about a month and 1/5 before the volume is released.

maybe the volume was delayed because oda couldn't finish the cover yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    I bumped this thread really late into July because it was getting close to when some of the cover is revealed. 2-3 weeks later and still no hints of the cover. Maybe this next issue has something. The cover usually arrives in some capacity about a month and 1/5 before the volume is released.
    Well everything is delayed to 9/16, so honestly I expect an advert this week now

Quote Originally Posted by StuckWithInsomniac View Post
    maybe the volume was delayed because oda couldn't finish the cover yet.
    The volume delayed due to "analog drawing" and Oda sensei with his staff trying to prevent infection of Covid-19. This is the official reason.

Weird. We know Oda has been doing the covers and colorspreads digitally for a while now, and the last chapter of the volume was probably finished around mid-may or even before that.

I think with the colour spreads at least he digitally sketches and tests palettes for them, but the final drawings are still physical. I'm not sure if the covers are purely digital or just developed/tested the same way. I think the whole "this is an analogue manga and the staff have to be protected" is just going to be the catch-all reason given for delays, whether the wait actually stems from Oda and his assistants, editors compiling extra material, or printing and shipping staff getting the physical books out.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Weird. We know Oda has been doing the covers and colorspreads digitally for a while now,
    Not quite. He does the *layouts* digitally. But then he prints that out and does the inks and colors old fashioned. If you watch the time lapse pictures closely you can see there's always a part where the drawing suddenly changes completely and has more detail. That's when he does the physical drawing, scans it in, then plays around with color layouts.

Media outside of the main series he's a little more willing to do all digital but main series stuff is all analog.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

indeed, the official one piece podcast translate and discusses the information from the latest one piece magazine on how they produce the volumes and Odas involvement with them. quite interesting.

That makes sense.

https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/1297732470775808001

L
    uffy, Kidd & Law with the Flying Six.

Looks like Ulti has Blue hair with some Pink & Black Maria with Blonde hair.

Finally something at least for the cover of vol 97
    Law, Kid and Luffy
    Tobi Roppo (didn't expect for me)
    https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/s...32470775808001

Spoiler:

It just hit me. They look alike a lil. I know not all blood related Fishmen and Merfolk look alike. Franky vs Sasaki????????

Last edited by Cockycent; August 23rd, 2020 at 08:32 PM.

Oda did change the hair colors throughout the process lol.

It seems like Oda considered having the Scabbards on this cover instead of the Tobbi Roppo, and honestly i would have prefered that, mainly because we still don't have a Scabbards group shot in any cover.

I also really wanted Apoo to be in the cover, he got a lot more action this stretch of chapters than most of the Tobbi Roppo.

The cover looks good though really like the diamond shaped portraits the Tobbi Roppo have going on and Ulti's color scheme is pretty cool.

Sweet dopamine, we finally have something. Hopefully HD linework or final colours come up soon. It's a nice design. Not too cluttered for the most part and hits most of the notes I was expecting as far as characters featured. I wonder if there could have been another way to arrange the Tobi Roppo portraits though. It took me a moment to find Who's Who hidden in the middle there. With the rough colours shown, he blends in a little too much to the chaos of Kid's coat and arm. More like Where's Who, am I right? But hey maybe the final colours will helping him contrast his surroundings a little more.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

For the moment, these are my best screencaps of the colours:

And the linework:

I also preferred the Scabbards, but I like this as well. Just didn't expect the Tobi Roppo reveal.

Maybe next cover is the Scabbards and it's more appropriate because of how the Scabbards finally initiated the war officially. I wouldn't mind the possibly new retainer to share the cover with them - Carrot, Yamato, Shinobu and Tama

Quote Originally Posted by Paraplonq View Post
    It seems like Oda considered having the Scabbards on this cover instead of the Tobbi Roppo, and honestly i would have prefered that, mainly because we still don't have a Scabbards group shot in any cover.
    Next volume is way more fitting for that, since it's when they all act together.

Reiterating my longshot bet: volume 98 - Beast Pirates exclusive cover; volume 99 - Scabbards and allies only; volume 100 - the most satisfying Strawhats only cover ever.

With so many characters in play three covers would be ideal for giving everyone the breathing space they need, and Strawhats for volume 100, possibly posed to match volumes 1 and 61, but in Wano outfits and including Jinbei, would be a perfect celebration of the big milestone.

I got 98 and 99 in reverse to that. BP on 99 and Scabbards on 98. That would be dope if the final Straw Hat lineup for the series would be one vol 100.

Oh man I love it!!

I love the Luffy, Law, Kidd rivalry

So does the fact the flying six are there mean we wonít get a only villainís cover with Kaidoís crew? Or will they just have them on another cover...., or maybe in there hybrid Zoan modes on that cover

This is great! Imo, because the Tobi Roppo were dropped here, im doubting a Beasts Pirates cover yet, unless Oda decides to separate the F6 from the Numbers, Calamities , which I can see.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information