+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Volume 97 Predictions/Discussion

Default Volume 97 Predictions/Discussion

The Volume will release on 04 of Sep 2020! Release Date maybe will change due to Covid-19.

Default Re: Volume 97 Predictions/Discussion

That stings, and it paints a disappointing picture of the release schedule going forward. I was hoping for more of an August thing.

Still, it'll be keep Oda safe, and gives him a chance to build a buffer between the weekly chapters on the volumes, which were catching up fast before this. It'll be a shame vol 98 probably isn't coming out in the 2020 oricon year though. Maybe we'll get all four out in 2021.

Anyway, my vision for the cover has Luffy, Law and Kid, the Tobi Roppo and Apoo, plus the big skull of Onigashima in the background. I've got a layout pictured I might try to illustrate late, but I think that's a good combo of characters to show what's going on without giving too much away. Unless a better title comes along in the next three chapters I'm betting on "Fighting Music." It's far from dramatic, but leave it to Oda to pick the fun title instead.

If Yamato appears by the end of the volume, I could see the title being 'Family Problem'

I could also see 'The Party's Off' or 'Joining the Fight' as the title; The latter is really generic, but Oda chose some of the most generic chapter titles for volume titles during Dressrosa like 'Just Keep Going', 'Repaying the Debt', and 'Ever At Your Side'; Volume titles have been better since then I think.

'The Party's Off' might work if only because they're raiding the Fire Festival so it might have a double meaning when applied to the volume as a whole.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

At least it'll help VIZ's releases catch up a bit more. English 94 will be out in August, so we'll be just 3 behind.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    At least it'll help VIZ's releases catch up a bit more. English 94 will be out in August, so we'll be just 3 behind.
    Yeah good point. I thought we were going to start to fall behind since Viz has spaced out the release of 93, 94, and 95.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

The Viz catchup angle is a good one. For a moment I forgot how far behind the Ace novel set us.

Unrelated, but it would be dope to open up 2021 with 2 chapters in 1 issue, 999 and 1000. Might just get the cover and a colorspread tho. Maybe an interview as well

For the cover of vol. 97
    - The Scabbards + Luffy, Law and Kid
    - Can't be Tobi Roppo, that would mess up the reveal
    - Least likely would be Jinbe

Here's my prediction/fanart cover, going on the assumption that "Fighting Music" will be the title.

One Piece logo goes behind Apoo's hands but in front of Onigashima, making it look like the horns are coming out the sides. It'll probably need to be transparent like it was in volumes 70, 83, 88 and a few others for a good look.

Might eventually scan this so I can add the logo properly myself and fix up some of the bits that pain me like Luffy's janky face and Law's tiny head, but for now I think it gets the key ideas of the cover across.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

That looks very neat, congratulations for the nice drawing!

Cheers Chrior!

Turns out I couldn't get my hands on a scanner at the minute, but I cleaned the photo version as best I could. Quality isn't spectacular, but it's more about illustrating the concept and layout than it is creating good art, so I'm not that bothered by it.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

So much shouting!

I wonder how long till we get a cover with Kaido and his crew? We had one for Barouqe Works, CP9, Doflamingo pirates and Big Mom's pirates, the only covers without Luffy on them

I assume we'll get one with Kaido's crew soon, followed by a cover with the straw hats and there allies (just like what happened in the next volumes after the ones I just mentioned)

That tends to happen pretty close to the end of the conflict.

I mentioned this in the 23rd anniversary thread too, but check out the silhouette for the new figure line.

It's got just the right proportions to fit under the series logo on a volume cover, and it was announced alongside a set of figures recreating the volume 91 cover. I think there's an nonzero chance these new figures could be based on the new volume cover. If it's true, we should have the cover revealed on Wednesday. No guarantees, of course, I'm just guessing at everything here, but I think it's definitely a possibility.

it looks like it will be an awesome cover!!

can't wait

So Kaido, the 3 Calamities, and the F6? I wonder if it'll have Apoo at least, hes a pretty significant portion of the volume.

Seems reasonable, definitely! Then maybe 98 is Luffys crew, Law, Kid, Killer?

looks like brook is there are the right side tho, something fluffy with an arrow in it.

You can actually see Brook's afro (with ghost arrow) on left fo Kaidou, a plume coat under him, the usual hand position of Sanji, Luffy on front of all of them, Zoro on his right, a flame which could be Brook's spirit (too low to be King), a strange form which could be Franky's Wano hairstyle. I do not say this is not the new cover, but it looks a bit off to me and - at least - it would be a Kaido + SHP cover, w/o Roppo and Calamities.
    Prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    a team of allosaurus, spinosaurus, pterodactyl, branchiosaurus, triceratops and ankylosaurus, keeping the T-Rex one for King and megalodon for Queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    what if Rocks wanted to become the king of world... and he did i? Imu revealed to be Rocks could be a twist

Sabo is one figure of that picture, so it’s imposible...

Quote Originally Posted by redon View Post
    Sabo is one figure of that picture, so it’s imposible...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdQHekKU...=jpg&name=orig
    Good catch. I didn't realise any of the others had been revealed. Ah well, probably means we'll be waiting til the usual mid-august point for the cover then.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information