+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 983 - Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Why? Kaido's crew is formed in big part of pirates he found impressive and got to work for him. Hawkins, Apoo, Drake, Sasaki, Who's Who, Killer, he tried to get Kid, Luffy and Ashura Doji (not a pirate though). The mantis Gifter fighting Zoro says they also dreamed of being Pirate King once, so more people who were on their own crews before joining the Beast Pirates.

I would guess all the Tobi Roppo and Calamities were once big name pirates, captaining their own crews (maybe Ulti/P1 were something like Caribou/Coribou), so it wouldn't be surprising if some of them had CoC (not that we know for sure what we saw in this chapter was CoC, could be just CoA).
    Because Ulti isn't me striking as important or super special character.
    "This is a common misconception. The term "Monster Trio" is canon, not fanmade.
    It's been used quite a few times in the manga, most recently in chapter 606.
    Oda does use the term "怪物三人組 (Monster Trio)" in the very manga itself."

Default Re: Chapter 983 - Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Because Ulti isn't me striking as important or super special character.
    Because Chinjao is? I mean, he was pretty much Dressrosa's Holdem. I would say she is at least above him as far as relevance goes.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Because Chinjao is? I mean, he was pretty much Dressrosa's Holdem. I would say she is at least above him as far as relevance goes.
    Come on, give the old man some credit. At least he put up a fight. Luffy could have beaten Holdem by throwing himself ass-first at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    What throws me off is that he seemed to be looking for Luffy specifically already since he asks if it's him. Doesn't look like something he just decided.
    He heard of his exploits, but had not seen a picture. Or saw the wanted poster so he needed to confirm.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Don Chinjao was said to be a legend and former rival of Garp.

And BTW I disliked the fact he had CoC but at least he has some story

I can buy Katakuri as well as he is Big Mom's son and strong as hell as FM.

But now Ulti? Sorry if it would be Jack and Queen... ok.

But maybe with this Usopp will get CoC... And that's no joke

I could understand Don Chinjao or even Sai as successor. But if Ulti really should have CoC, I give up on it being something special
    Someone already told you it can be just regular haki
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t...67#post4058267

I'm liking Ulti more and more each chapter. I love her design and love her DF power.

I could understand Don Chinjao or even Sai as successor. But if Ulti really should have CoC, I give up on it being something special
    Uh, I still dunno where you're getting she has CoC from.

It is a regular haki clash, just like Burgess vs Sabo's first clash in the Colosseum. The same black lines.

If it was CoC, it would have been pointed out like it always is.

The focus was more on the explosion than the use of "haki" though. "Ulti-Mortar!!!".

Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    I'm liking Ulti more and more each chapter. I love her design and love her DF power.

Uh, I still dunno where you're getting she has CoC from.

It is a regular haki clash, just like Burgess vs Sabo's first clash in the Colosseum. The same black lines.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/UUHfSUK7Lxc/hqdefault.jpg
    Burgess and Ace would make more sense as Ulti as well and so far besides this clash we never got this black lightning outside of CoC using

"Pleasure hall"

Sanji looking for "Ladies"

What's with the sugarcoating? Is this a brothrel or not?

The official target audience is 15 years old. They still have to wait 3 years. Let them have some mystery...
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Given how much effort people put into convincing themselves oiran were not prostitutes, I would say the readers need the sugarcoating regardless of their age.

Don Chinjao was said to be a legend and former rival of Garp.
    He was one-shotted by Garp, they were never rivals. Roger was Garp's rival, Chinjao was just one of the guys Garp defeated.
    And currently Chinjao was already surpassed by Sai (who is by no means a top tier fighter) and was one-shotted (again) by Lao G in his buffed form.

Thing is, despite his huge bounty, Chinjao is no where near the league of the characters who are considered a threat at this point of the manga. He was also not the kind with an unbreakable soul since he completely gave up on his dreams once Garp broke his head (and that's the thing that should be the deciding factor to CoC, not POWER LEVELS).
    If we can accept the fact he has CoC, it should be perfectly fine also for people like the TR - who are not just considerably stronger than he is, but are probably all former captains with big dreams and ambition themselves.

Chinjao himself said there are countless CoC users in the New World and only the one standing above them will be the Pirate King. If anything, they should be a much more common sight by this point than they currently are.

Given how much effort people put into convincing themselves oiran were not prostitutes, I would say the readers need the sugarcoating regardless of their age.

He was one-shotted by Garp, they were never rivals. Roger was Garp's rival, Chinjao was just one of the guys Garp defeated.
    And currently Chinjao was already surpassed by Sai (who is by no means a top tier fighter) and was one-shotted (again) by Lao G in his buffed form.

Thing is, despite his huge bounty, Chinjao is no where near the league of the characters who are considered a threat at this point of the manga. He was also not the kind with an unbreakable soul since he completely gave up on his dreams once Garp broke his head (and that's the thing that should be the deciding factor to CoC, not POWER LEVELS).
    If we can accept the fact he has CoC, it should be perfectly fine also for people like the TR - who are not just considerably stronger than he is, but are probably all former captains with big dreams and ambition themselves.

Chinjao himself said there are countless CoC users in the New World and only the one standing above them will be the Pirate King. If anything, they should be a much more common sight by this point than they currently are.
    Garp was said to have trained for Don Chinjao. And again... I hated him having it as well... And even more his statement but OK... I thought be would be a one trick pony

CoC was so special that at marienford everyone and even the top tiers were amazed by it.

And now you tell me Ulti? King OK... Katakuri... OK... But Ulti?

Now the door is open for future even more formidable opponents who will face the likes Franky will have CoC

Oh wait... The SHs are special. So who knows if Chopper won't get it.

But well haki and me will never be friends... At least not how Oda turned it post TS

Chinjao earned his right to having conquerors ambition by sending Garp on a mountain smashing training montage to get the right fist swing in to properly disfigure that skull. That little flashback was one of the best parts of dressrosa.

Garp was said to have trained for Don Chinjao. And again... I hated him having it as well... And even more his statement but OK... I thought be would be a one trick pony

CoC was so special that at marienford everyone and even the top tiers were amazed by it.

And now you tell me Ulti? King OK... Katakuri... OK... But Ulti?

Now the door is open for future even more formidable opponents who will face the likes Franky will have CoC

Oh wait... The SHs are special. So who knows if Chopper won't get it.

But well haki and me will never be friends... At least not how Oda turned it post TS
    Ulti didn't even use CoC, why are you insisting on this?
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Ulti didn't even use CoC, why are you insisting on this?
    As long as Oda never explain his CoC or haki shit I still insist that the black lightning is CoC

But that's just my point. But hey maybe Oda just make it black for fun and white in other cases for fun

To be honest, I was ready for CoC to be the New World's Devil Fruit. Just like DF was almost a myth outside the Grand Line but everyone in there had it, I was expecting everyone in the New World to have Haki and pretty much every Captain to have CoC (and since I believe all the TR are former big name Captains...).

The New World was supposed to be this impossible task that only the strongest should be able to take on. If on Paradise you needed to be exceptional to thrive, on the New World you would need to be exceptional to survive. If anything, the lack of high level abilities (like CoC) among the NW Captains makes it look underwhelming (fucking Tontattas being able to navigate it without problem kinda betrays how challenging those seas were supposed to be).

The reason Ulti's headbutt is so ridiculously strong is immediately revealed. As a Pacycephalosaurus Zoan, or Heabuttosaurus, that is literally her strongest attack. If Luffy could take it head on, pun intended, I don't think she is ever going to be any more of a threat. Luffy endured her strongest attack, then she got 1-shot. Not too much to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeorn View Post
    The reason Ulti's headbutt is so ridiculously strong is immediately revealed. As a Pacycephalosaurus Zoan, or Heabuttosaurus, that is literally her strongest attack. If Luffy could take it head on, pun intended, I don't think she is ever going to be any more of a threat. Luffy endured her strongest attack, then she got 1-shot. Not too much to think about.
    She never got the chance to injure Luffy in her Zoan forms though?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information