+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 983 - Thunder

Default Re: Chapter 983 - Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by ArseneWenger View Post
    I am confused about Wano's geography. The Mogura port was shown to be in opposite end of the Koi Waterfall, which is near Kuri, also confirmed by Wano are map (Kuri and Mogura/Onigashima in diagonally opposite location).
    So how did Perorin just climbed the waterfall and saw Onigashima from so close that he could hear the party sounds?
    Is there only one waterfall? I thought there were more than one.
    The picture of the path to Mogura Port when Apoo arrives implies there's waterfalls on both sides.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    I have a baseless hope Smoothie, Snack, Daifuku and Amande (... and Compote, I guess) are inside the candy slug. Why they would be there instead of on top along with Perospero? Well... I have no idea.
    One way or another, I'm sure they'll be a factor in the battle. They'll just arrive later and complicate things. Even Marco's words (that the era would be changed a bit) implies (or foreshadows) they'll arrive before the battle is over, but after the alliance has done some damage to Kaido's forces..
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    Also, I hope we can expand a bit more on Hawkins decision. Right now he is seen basically as a coward who, unlike Kid, could not stand the presence of an unbeatable enemy without bowing. It would be easy to show he was actually worried about his crew (not even mentioned so far) having no chance of surviving the meeting with Kaido and preferred to sacrifice his pride to save them.
    The same crewmen he is sacrificing without any hesitation? Or is it canon that he just uses random people?

Thank you for the detailed description of Luffy vs. Ulti. It was this midair turning/switching that concerned me. A weird choice in my opinion; Luffy shouldn’t jump past her to grab her from behind. But I guess at this point we can explain any weird moves with Luffy‘s future sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    The same crewmen he is sacrificing without any hesitation? Or is it canon that he just uses random people?
    He was using random people in Sabaody. I think in Wano he used generic beast pirates underlings, but I guess he has no respect for them.

My guess is that Hawkins will turn as soon as he sees the chance to escape or defeat Kaido is above zero.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Maybe the dad will get to see Lola get married.

Yamato looks cool. His club reminds those images of Oni I see sometimes.

So now I'm suddenly supposed to take Kaido's crew seriously and that Luffy and Zoro can't just roll over everything that isn't a calamity and even have to use earth 4th. Hard to buy.

So happy Pound made it! Around mid Tottoland I thought Pound would meet the kids and have a heart warming reunion by the end. Certainly didn't expect it be in a cover story! I just hope we get a nice emotional panel of them hugging it out or something. I've known some real life moms who basically did the same things as Big Mom, shutting out the father(for reasons I thought were unjust) and the father just wanting to see the kids. This was one of my favorite sub plots of Whole Cake, I just don't know if the emotional breaking point I was hoping for can happen in a cover page.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Maybe the dad will get to see Lola get married.

Yamato looks cool. His club reminds those images of Oni I see sometimes.

So now I'm suddenly supposed to take Kaido's crew seriously and that Luffy and Zoro can't just roll over everything that isn't a calamity and even have to use earth 4th. Hard to buy.
    In my head these guys don't quite carry the weight of the named individuals from Big Mom's enraged army but they are functioning pretty much the same. I guess Oda is really trying to hammer home that numbers still count for something.

Last arc Nami and Luffy were overwhelmed by Big Mom's swarm after defeating Cracker. Then Sanji had to carry Luffy through another herd of super powered Linlin kids plus fodder and I'd say it was super believable. Same with Kaidou's goons here, complete with Zoro carrying Luffy through a different herd of animals. I feel Oda wants Kaidou's themed army to feel just as oppressive as Mom's when they are in great numbers.

My rational is that yeah Sanji could one shot Bobbin for the most part but when Bobbin is in a large group it's a different story. I don't doubt that Zoro couldn't one shot the Beetle Boys or Lady Scyther but when they are all standing together like that it isn't so simple.

After so many arcs of individuals just plowing through fodder though it's understandable why one may not believe Oda's intent here though.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yamato an Oden fanboy? Is there any son in this manga who wants to be like his father that isn't gene manipulated, a villain or a son of Oden?

Usopp wants to be like Yasopp

Notice:

The Korean provider for early spoilers said, he will stop posting spoilers in future.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchInformer View Post
    Notice:

The Korean provider for early spoilers said, he will stop posting spoilers in future.
    Oh so it’s love em and leave em ay? Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Thanks for the info Scotch!
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good.

Don't get me wrong, I read the spoilers. But hopefully we can get to a point where spoilers aren't leaked until at least a day before the official release, eliminating the need for english scans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Good.

Don't get me wrong, I read the spoilers. But hopefully we can get to a point where spoilers aren't leaked until at least a day before the official release, eliminating the need for english scans.
    Yep, 100% of this.

"There will be an answer, let it be."

Scans and spoilers are completely separate. It's different groups with different sources.

Yeah, this week I decided to hold myself back and not go for the super early spoiler because I realized they were stretching the chapter discussion so much it was all becoming a chore. Monday you get the first spoilers, Tuesday and Wednesday extra pics, Thursday the LQ raw, Friday the scanlation, Sunday the official release and then, the next day, Monday again with the first spoilers.

It was One Piece the entire week and at the same time not a single moment was significant. Each detail of the chapter came in so spread out and in small bits that there wasn't any moment the chapter had an impact (not when it the first spoilers came out, not when you got to see all the pictures, not when you read the actual thing). It became the most watered-down experience possible.

I decided to save myself from that and hold back at least until the whole thing was out, but I could notice the fanbase had already argued everything almost to exhaustion by that point already, so I'm glad we'll be back to a more restrained scenario.

"I wait for you, Luffy!" blackness662's Avatar

It was a good chapter, I really liked Yamato and his design.
    But I think we have enough characters for now.
    Too bad about the break...

Quote Originally Posted by blackness662 View Post
    It was a good chapter, I really liked Yamato and his design.
    But I think we have enough characters for now.
    Too bad about the break...
    Unfortunately, we still have more characters waiting to show up.

Marines have to show up cause of Sword. CP-0 has to show up cause of their deal with Orochi(even vegapunk might show up, potentially), The revolutionaries have to show up because Wano is the source of all the illegal weapons they were investigating.

And lastly, I expect the Blackbeard pirates to show up in some way because for some reason, Blackbeard has a way of knowing what is going on there(a member of his crew might already be in Wano) and the war in Wano is a big opportunity to collect as many Devil fruits as possible.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

I was expecting more conversation between Luffy and Ulti, they seem interesting together. The clash is enjoyable, but i need full fight now

Pound being alive is just.....

Big Mom is calm, but i expect nothing from her

Yamato reading Oden journal is most likely true. I think Yamato know Luffy becaise he befriend Ace, and know about MF war where WB and WBP are saving Luffy because he carry Ace's will/dream or whatever i dont remember. And from that, Yamato know that Luffy is special and probably the that carry out Joy Boy's will.

This is more what I'm talking about. Nice dynamic fighting with Luffy, smartly written so that Luffy takes on 2 Flying Six instead of just 1 so it's more fair (and he certainly didn't decisively beat either Ulti or Page-one) - a major plot twist and I would've been so disappointed if Yamato was weak and nerdy, but bloodlines count in One Piece and thankfully he's very strong - and a Dark Piece moment (Momo being crucified).

Exactly what I expect so close to chapter 1000, great stuff.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

So, Oda, why couldn't you make Smoothie as physical of a fighter as Ulti was this chapter?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    So, Oda, why couldn't you make Smoothie as physical of a fighter as Ulti was this chapter?
    She doesn't have to be like Ulti but she has been a huge letdown considering her bounty and position in her group.

Perospero should have her bounty and position.

I haven't seen her lose to anyone that she wasn't suppose to. Maybe her lack of interaction is the source of angst, but I don't see it as necessary until I see what Oda uses her for. Then I can judge and say, "well Oda could've used her here if this is what she was meant for"

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information