View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

100 41.67%
  • Shinobu

1 0.42%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc.)

1 0.42%
  • Momo

8 3.33%
  • Tama

7 2.92%
  • Carrot

52 21.67%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 2.92%
  • Caribou

3 1.25%
  • Other

22 9.17%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

39 16.25%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 133 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133
Results 2,641 to 2,645 of 2645

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    I think Oars Jr. was simply not mentioned because his death didn't have the gravitas of Whitebeard and Ace's. But as it stands, we can't assume he survived just because he wasn't mentioned by Shanks. Last we saw Oars Jr he was stabbed through the head by Moria and then laid there as a corpse, forgotten by everyone including Oda. If he ever shows up again then maybe we will get the explanation that his body was somehow removed and he was healed off-screen but that seems unlikely. There were many casualties during Marineford, just most of them were unnamed. But not all of them.
    He stood up after that to carry the last WB ship to the plaza.
    Considering Moria wanted to definitely make him a zombie, yet at the end of the war, it had not happened, he probably was not dead.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    He stood up after that to carry the last WB ship to the plaza.
    Considering Moria wanted to definitely make him a zombie, yet at the end of the war, it had not happened, he probably was not dead.
    Moria was betrayed by the government and attacked by Doflamingo, thought. If Oars Jr was dead, Moria would not be able to get away with his corpse.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Moria was betrayed by the government and attacked by Doflamingo, thought. If Oars Jr was dead, Moria would not be able to get away with his corpse.
    Talking about this and any time before https://s2.mangabeast01.com/manga/On...e/0580-013.png
    Moria had a lot of shadows at hand, could have used them on Oars if he was dead.
    Of course whatever happened post-war, who knows, i would like to think the WB Pirates somehow transported him.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Depends on how much Oda had planned for that to happen. As Oda admitted himself, he had not planned for Law to stay relevant this much, so him being a D can easily be something he used to tie in both his statement from the pre-TS (Shabondy) and to create another layer for the fight against Doflamingo.
    You can easily ask why Oda decided to make Saul a D, or Rouge. Sure these guys are flashback characters, but them being Ds did not really serve a purpose beyond easy tie-ins, like Aceīs name for example, though you could have also said thatīs the part he took from Roger for example.
    So i do not see the necessity of it being an overarching and overly relative thing to be honest.

Rephrasing: It has been a constant theme that the citizens of an island Luffy is rescuing learn the truth about their situation while the fight is either built up or is on-going.
    So pretty sure somehow the world will learn about the truth about the void history by some means while everything is going down, and one possibility is that it is transmitted somehow through CoO with connecting the whole world to it.

See above. I do not see the necessity.
    Him trying to find the last RP is good enough, like i said.

Thatīs everyone else.
    Even if Law was improvised into the narrative, this doesn't diminish his current importance. Maybe he took on a major role in the story that Oda already had in his mind for ages, but without a character set for it yet. Or maybe even the role itself was not planned from the beginning, but still something that Oda is now thinking will be useful to tell the story better now that he's arriving at the endgame. All of this while capitalizing on Law's popularity.

What matters to me is that I see a development starting here which didn't need to exist otherwise. And I say this as someone who is not a Law fan and who had never actually thought that Law would join the crew. But now I totally see him following Luffy to Laugh Tale, as a proper crewmate or just an ally.

And yes, we'll habe the POV of the citzens too at the endgame, but their perspective is different from what Law can offer as a whole. Once again, I mention Skypiea, because each different faction was deeply moved by the bell ringing at the end, but for different reasons, and some people had even more personal motivations.

Your all fools, Caribou is the true final member

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information