View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
242. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

101 41.74%
  • Shinobu

1 0.41%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc.)

1 0.41%
  • Momo

8 3.31%
  • Tama

7 2.89%
  • Carrot

53 21.90%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 2.89%
  • Caribou

3 1.24%
  • Other

22 9.09%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

39 16.12%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    If Yamato is to carry on Odens will, and Oden sailed with the Pirate King...
    If she wants to be Oden, then she should continue from where he stopped instead of doing what he already did. Open the borders of Wano, shake hands with Joyboy and raise his kids.

I want to see Yamato forcing Momo to call her "dad".

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    If she wants to be Oden, then she should continue from where he stopped instead of doing what he already did. Open the borders of Wano, shake hands with Joyboy and raise his kids.

I want to see Yamato forcing Momo to call her "dad".
    Minus being called “dad”, that’s exactly what I think Yamato wants to do. He will become Momo’s retainer.

Wano’s secondary character with a big arc is Momo, not Yamato. He’s the one seeking growth and a dream of his own. He’s the one Luffy has something to teach.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Minus being called “dad”
    Well, then we're missing the gag. I want the gag.

Yes, but discussing it now is pointless. If I’m anywhere near right, it will become clearer once Wano ends.
    I used to see Hancock part of the crew, but now I just think the Kuja Pirates will be part of the Grand Fleet (I was on the Margarette train as well for a while).

Honestly as a last member I do think an ex-marine would be cool. Be it Smoker, Kuzan or Green Bull.
    " I have created over a thousand blades. Unknown to death. Nor known to life. Have withstood pain to create many weapons. Yet, those hands will never hold anything. "

Quote Originally Posted by RobinotX View Post
    I used to see Hancock part of the crew, but now I just think the Kuja Pirates will be part of the Grand Fleet (I was on the Margarette train as well for a while).
    I feel Marguerite will inherit leadership of the Kuja tribe and become the next empress.
    I don’t think the Kuja will join the fleet, since that particular group shared sake cups as brothers, but the Kuja will remain as allies.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

I like Boa as a character, but she's just been extremely married to the Kuja Pirates. Realistically, they could become a part of the grand fleet.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Minus being called “dad”, that’s exactly what I think Yamato wants to do. He will become Momo’s retainer.

Wano’s secondary character with a big arc is Momo, not Yamato. He’s the one seeking growth and a dream of his own. He’s the one Luffy has something to teach.
    She. :) And I agree. Opening up Wano is her dream, apparently. Her story will likely start and end here, which probably explains why she wasn't referenced until recently. She'll be Momo's first retainer as opposed to one of Oden's.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmamentHero View Post
    I like Boa as a character, but she's just been extremely married to the Kuja Pirates. Realistically, they could become a part of the grand fleet.
    This is why I think it’s still not the time to discuss it. But I think Hancock’s journey will be as follows:
    - She loses her title
    - She’s either captured or loses Amazon Lily and is forced to flee
    - Her secret is found and spreads
    - She has to face her past (flashback) and her story is further fleshed out
    - She makes peace with her past and needs to move on, but can’t simply return to the Kuja because she makes them a bigger target
    - The Kuja show no ressentment over her duplicity and incentivate her to pursue her freedom.

The first step is done. The others, if true, will likely only come after Wano, thought Act 3/4 intermission may drop some clues.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    She. :) And I agree. Opening up Wano is her dream, apparently. Her story will likely start and end here, which probably explains why she wasn't referenced until recently. She'll be Momo's first retainer as opposed to one of Oden's.
    I’ll call her “he” until we clearly see how he/she call him/herself from now on. Just to be safe.

Let us guess if Yamato has a DF

I am all in for a mythical one

Seeing that all are based on Chinese/Japanese myth I think she might have the white tiger or Qulin one.

King of the beast... Daughter of the captain of them
    "This is a common misconception. The term "Monster Trio" is canon, not fanmade.
    It's been used quite a few times in the manga, most recently in chapter 606.
    Oda does use the term "怪物三人組 (Monster Trio)" in the very manga itself."

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post

Seeing that all are based on Chinese/Japanese myth I think she might have the white tiger or Qulin one.

I think it’s likely Yamato has a zoan of some kind, but I really have no idea of what beast it would be.

Deicide, I admit those are valid points to think about.

I don't like to speculate on new Character's Devil Fruits without any evidence or signs. However, seeing how she is working against her dad's beasts pirates. I think a Paramecia would be symbolic in a way.(Could be wrong on that)
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Zoro gets Enma and Yamato gets Ame no Habakiri just like Prince Yamato Takeru did

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Zoro gets Enma and Yamato gets Ame no Habakiri just like Prince Yamato Takeru did
    If Yamato gets that, I wonder what role Momo will take in Wano. What dream will he follow?

Sometimes I feel Momo will keep traveling with the crew, thought I don’t consider him a possible crewmate.
    Last edited by Deicide; July 6th, 2020 at 10:26 AM.

The only thing Momo needs to do is be the lord of Wano, something his father failed spetaculary at which ended up causing their country to suffer for 25 years. After the whole Oden flashback, having Momo go in another selfish trip just feels wrong.

Fortunately, we now have another successor of Oden to fill that gap, and one who is also much more suited for pirate life than a little kid who can't fight.

If Yamato gets that, I wonder what role Momo will take in Wano. What dream will he follow?

Sometimes I feel Momo will keep traveling with the crew, thought I don’t consider him a possible crewmate.
    1st act was about introducing us to the state of Wano and ended with Luffy getting a lil taste of why Kaido maintains his rule
    2nd act was about preparing for the raid even more and that ended with the Rocks reunion and the alliance being ready to raid Onigashima
    3rd act has been centered on Oden's goal and who will fulfill it. We've seen how each of his Scabbards has kept to his goal and Momo trying to find his own way.

The interesting part is that while Momo has made some progress, there are others who aren't exactly Scabbards, and are mirroring his progress. Shinobu, Yamato, Carrot and I think Tama are on the same path as Momo. I can be totally off and some like Yamato and Carrot are more suited for the SH crew, but I keep the retainer narrative in mind. It's worth questioning.

Traveling with the crew with his own retainers isn't implausible. I can see that.

If Yamato didn't look so much like Nami she'd seem like the most likely Nakama candidate since Jinbe for me.

also

Yamato makes me wonder about the theories that Kaido is an Oni of some sort. If he is, is she a full or half oni? Also, if he is and she's full oni, does she have the Hito Hito No Mi: Model Nami?

The Kaidou and Yamato relationship will be interesting. He beats her up after she start to mimic Oden... But he also plays the game calling her his son and seems like no one else is aware of it or HAS TO play the game.

Kaidou also had respect for Oden at the end.

So that's interesting... Maybe as father he has always a soft spot for his princess
    "This is a common misconception. The term "Monster Trio" is canon, not fanmade.
    It's been used quite a few times in the manga, most recently in chapter 606.
    Oda does use the term "怪物三人組 (Monster Trio)" in the very manga itself."

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post

Just baseless speculation but Niku Niku no Mi or "Meat" fruit. It would fulfill the 2.9 DF pattern and might fulfill Usopp's lie about a beautiful swordlady with meat.

Either that or she eats Kinemon's fruit if he dies.

I don't think she looks that similar to Nami (seeing her in color would really help).

Being way taller than the other humans in the crew would be a nice change and a woman fighting wth pure strength can bring some interesting fights to the table that Nami and Robin can't.

Maybe the concept art of Nami with a big axe will be remembered as a hint that Oda wanted such kind of character all along :)

Anyway, I think that Yamato has the most potential so far but she still need a LOT of things to fully convince me.

A role in the crew: sure it could just be "warrior" but I think it has to be something at least a little original. IMO, Luffy doesn't need an Oden (Robin can read poneglyph and I can't see Luffy ever wanting to write on them) but maybe she'll bring something that will be needed by Luffy

A background story that's not just being an Oden's fan: lots of ways it can go depending on who her mother is and the race her father is (those horns are not just cosmetics).

A dream that would make her want to travel with the Straw Hats: opening Wano can be done at the end of this arc so it has to be something else

An original fighting style: fighting like her dad isn't enough for me - a devil fruit probably

Cool interactions with the rest of the crew: most important factor for me

In conclusion, for me it's either her or Jinbe is the last. I'll vote in a few chapters when I see a little more of her development.

Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    I'm also of the mind that the paw fruit is too powerful for the Straw Hats.
    Agreed, from sending your opponent flying anywhere in the world For 3 days straight with a simple tap, and undoing all the pain and fatigue instantly it’s way overpowered

Then again Oda constantly seems to forget observation haki whenever it’s convenient so maybe he’d just do that

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information