+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Powerpuff Girls Live-Action TV Series in Development at The CW

Default Re: Powerpuff Girls Live-Action TV Series in Development at The CW

Quote Originally Posted by Onepieceanimefan23 View Post
    I hope he's like an adopted son because Um Beastiality is not something I wanna see.
    Eh. Probably some sort of genetic engineering mumbo jumbo to make a clone.

Actor Nicholas Podany is playing Mojo Jojo's Son Mojo Jr.
    https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/pow...234942787/amp/
    Written April 1st... is there any chance that's an in-bad-taste April Fools joke?

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Written April 1st... is there any chance that's an in-bad-taste April Fools joke?
    Nope unfortunately this is a legit casting here
    https://twitter.com/nicholaspodany/s...268036098?s=19

High produce value

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post

LAWD, They really got these women in these Dollar Tree Mary Sue Dresses with the Mary Jane Shoes and stockings... I shouldn't have expected anything less with CW but still this looks embarrassing as hell.

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

i mean the classic costume design OBVIOUSLY wouldn't work on real, grown up people...why tf did they went with it? lol

maybe it's intentional and it will all make sense during the show, but it looks trashy enough to push me away from it

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    I don't see the issue. They're hot. Actually, I do think it's a bit off that Blossom's hair isn't red. It feels like red hair is really being erased lately in comic book/cartoon adaptations.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Dear god, that looks like High School production value.

...I like the look. It's simple and vibrant.
    She/Her | If you want to be a girl you can just be a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I don't see the issue. They're hot. Actually, I do think it's a bit off that Blossom's hair isn't red. It feels like red hair is really being erased lately in comic book/cartoon adaptations.
    That's about as red as they could get her hair to be without looking fake.....by CW standards.

Remember those old Space Ghost Coast to Coast/Cartoon Planet segments and later Adult Swim bumpers where they would have people run around dressed as the characters? Same energy and probably budget.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Remember those old Space Ghost Coast to Coast/Cartoon Planet segments and later Adult Swim bumpers where they would have people run around dressed as the characters? Same energy and probably budget.

I think the Space Ghost costumes looked a lot better tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by puffing.cinema View Post
    i mean the classic costume design OBVIOUSLY wouldn't work on real, grown up people...why tf did they went with it? lol

maybe it's intentional and it will all make sense during the show, but it looks trashy enough to push me away from it
    Yeah, it must be an episode 1 thing from right before they get horribly depressed.
    Otherwise it makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Well I'm pretty sure they were wearing tights, not socks, so the costume designers already screwed up.

It really doesn't make any sense that they wouldn't all change their outfits as they got older, that's the real problem.
    I guess it's possible that for some reason Professor Utonium is forcing them to keep wearing those costumes but that feels like a stretch.
    Last edited by RoboBlue; April 8th, 2021 at 08:40 PM.

Reposting a sentiment I've seen shared all over

and I share this as someone who has no greater opinion on whether this show is/should be good or bad

THESE ARE NOT OFFICIAL SET PICTURES

I'm seeing literally the exact same reactions to Grant Gustin in early 2014 being photographed in the first season Flash suit, filming what would ultimately be the shots used in the opening credits. People bitched back and forth about how cheap and terrible it looked, and then that all dissapeared when they aired it.

This isn't a "first look" originally shared by the production's choice. And as such it doesn't have much to reflect on what the product will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post

and I share this as someone who has no greater opinion on whether this show is/should be good or bad

I'm seeing literally the exact same reactions to Grant Gustin in early 2014 being photographed in the first season Flash suit, filming what would ultimately be the shots used in the opening credits. People bitched back and forth about how cheap and terrible it looked, and then that all dissapeared when they aired it.

This isn't a "first look" originally shared by the production's choice. And as such it doesn't have much to reflect on what the product will be.
    Are they going to photoshop normal clothes on the girls, then?

Are they going to photoshop normal clothes on the girls, then?
    Isn’t that the job of angry bitter fans or shitposters with too much time on their hands with access to photo editing material?
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Nah these are clearly official from the pilot but I have read around this maybe from a flashback/dream sequence so we'll how it plays out.

In other news, Tom Kenny is coming back as the Narrator and they cast Robyn Lively as Miss Bellum.
    https://deadline.com/2021/04/powerpu...ot-1234730777/

Nah these are clearly official from the pilot
    reread what I posted.

I never denied these are part of the pilot. My point is this is an amateur, not production released photo. This is just a photo some random person took on the set.

My point is that people over react to how these things look in a random ass picture, which usually looks much better after post production and the angles and shots we get of them in the proper context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

reread what I posted.

I never denied these are part of the pilot. My point is this is an amateur, not production released photo. This is just a photo some random person took on the set.

My point is that people over react to how these things look in a random ass picture, which usually looks much better after post production and the angles and shots we get of them in the proper context.
    The main complaint isn't that the special effects look bad, it's that the content of the pictures cast additional doubt on the quality of the writing.

The main complaint isn't that the special effects look bad, it's that the content of the pictures cast additional doubt on the quality of the writing.
    The writing of what?
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

reread what I posted.

You tryna defend what in plain sight of course it's not an official released set picture but its a leak from.them obviously filming and them Mary Sue Dresses on these grown women look at hot mess there's no overreacting in that lol

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information