+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 172

Thread: One Piece chapter 1,000 official countdown on Twitter!!

  1. #21
    Discovered Stowaway Riccardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    the Netherlands

    Default Re: One Piece chapter 1,000 official countdown on Twitter!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    They entered the Grand damn Line on 100. Those people were always quite dumb lol.

    I'm very excited for chapter 1000, but they actually entered the Grand Line in chapter 102...

  2. #22

    Default Re: One Piece chapter 1,000 official countdown on Twitter!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    I am going to so enjoy anti-hypers getting blown the hell out.
    >oda is clearly building towards something at 1000
    >editors confirm 1000 will be special
    >grand line entered last time we hit a new number of digits
    >"it's just false hype bro"
    Lmao.
    Oh geez ... “getting blown out”??

    we’re not tribes in War

  3. #23

    Default Re: One Piece chapter 1,000 official countdown on Twitter!!

    They're hyping it because it's the 1000th chapter. I don't think this is concerning whether or not something special happens. They aren't "hyping it for no reason". If something special happens, I don't think this is connected

  4. #24

    Default Re: One Piece chapter 1,000 official countdown on Twitter!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    They're hyping it because it's the 1000th chapter. I don't think this is concerning whether or not something special happens. They aren't "hyping it for no reason". If something special happens, I don't think this is connected
    Agreed, it's a milestone rarely Mangakas ever reach.

  5. #25
    aka demonicpoodle Kaworu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Proud believer in "Xebec is Alive"

    Default Re: One Piece chapter 1,000 official countdown on Twitter!!

    Quote Originally Posted by crlsdc View Post
    Oh geez ... “getting blown out”??

    we’re not tribes in War
    They certainly take sides like it's a war, when they could just post on 4chan with fellow cynics who post edgy epic one-liners.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    They're hyping it because it's the 1000th chapter. I don't think this is concerning whether or not something special happens. They aren't "hyping it for no reason". If something special happens, I don't think this is connected
    Agreed, only part I disagree with is it'll be very connected and intentional.

    - Yours with love, The World's Strongest Creature
    Next prediction: "Enies" has more to it than meets the eye
    My proudest prediction: Predicted Imu before he showed up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7BkabF31ak


  6. #26

    Default Re: One Piece chapter 1,000 official countdown on Twitter!!

    I don't expect anything too big unless Oda cuts away from the current story. Maybe Luffy's first big hit on Kaido can happen on chapter 1000.

  7. #27
    Lit the Fire of Shandora! will-of-R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lvneel K.D.

    Default Re: One Piece chapter 1,000 official countdown on Twitter!!

    Dragon Revealed at Chapter 100
    Rayleigh Revealed at Chapter 500
    Resuming Straw Hat Journey at Chapter 600
    Straw Hat Grand Fleet formed at Chapter 800

    Chapter 1000 could be : an important Character introduction, my guess either Rock D Xebec revealed from Kaidou’s past
    Or something with fun vibes that Oda happy to draw (the later is hard to imagine since we’re in the middle of the War).

  8. #28
    Your long-lost brother Jabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    (ಥ ͜ʖ ಥ)

    Default Re: One Piece chapter 1,000 official countdown on Twitter!!

    I usually don't think too much about milestone chapters, we have random big reveals all the time after all.

    But the 1000? It would make sense to allign an extraordinary event with it, if only because everyone is expecting *something*. You can't just deliver a chapter like 990, for example.

    Personally I expect [999/1000] or [1000/1001] to include a colorspread depicting the Straw Hat Pirates vs. the Beast Pirates, similiar to the Baroque Works & CP9 covers. 10 Chapters is more than enough time to reach the 1 vs. 1 (or tagteam) component of the Wano war, especially when we consider how fast Oda is wrapping things up right now.

    The Straw Hats fighting an Emperor at eye level after a journey spanning 1000 chapters. They are officially "great pirates" now. That would be good enough for me.

    (So this would mean the next volume cover is dedicated to the Beast Pirate commanders and the one after to the Straw Hats (1-10).


  9. #29

    Default Re: One Piece chapter 1,000 official countdown on Twitter!!

    I wonder if chapter 1,000 will after, before or during the act 3/4 intermission...
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

  10. #30
    Stowaway w/ 18k posts Kishido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: One Piece chapter 1,000 official countdown on Twitter!!

    Scopper steps in
    "This is a common misconception. The term "Monster Trio" is canon, not fanmade.
    It's been used quite a few times in the manga, most recently in chapter 606.
    Oda does use the term "怪物三人組 (Monster Trio)" in the very manga itself."

  11. #31

    Default Re: One Piece chapter 1,000 official countdown on Twitter!!

    I hope they update what is going on outside of wano, like pacifistas and helmeppo captured mihawk, buggy decimated all the marines going after him, fujitora and coby captured boa, sabo is in prison, we see what blackbeard said he was not going to leave in marines hands, Im's face.

  12. #32
    Your long-lost brother Jabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    (ಥ ͜ʖ ಥ)

    Default Re: One Piece chapter 1,000 official countdown on Twitter!!

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    I hope they update what is going on outside of wano, like pacifistas and helmeppo captured mihawk, buggy decimated all the marines going after him, fujitora and coby captured boa, sabo is in prison, we see what blackbeard said he was not going to leave in marines hands, Im's face.
    We will sooner or later learn what happened to the Warlords, but we are in the middle of the war right now. I just can't see Oda switching to other things during the climax of Wano.
    Yes, he bounces around a lot and the cliffhanger of today could very well be resolved in two months instead of next week, but I can't remember him doing drastic scenery changes during the endgame encounters of big arcs.

    Unless we assume the Beast Pirates will be dealt with within the next 10 chapters. Which... is actually an option?
    Last edited by Jabra; September 16th, 2020 at 07:58 PM.


  13. #33

    Default Re: One Piece chapter 1,000 official countdown on Twitter!!

    What I want the most is extra pages.

    The first chapter after the timeskip (598) had 25 pages, I think, so it's a good number to aim. A double chapter would take me to heaven, but I doubt Oda can do it.

  14. #34
    aka demonicpoodle Kaworu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Proud believer in "Xebec is Alive"

    Default Re: One Piece chapter 1,000 official countdown on Twitter!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    We will sooner or later learn what happened to the Warlords, but we are in the middle of the war right now. I just can't see Oda switching to other things during the climax of Wano.
    Yes, he bounces around a lot and the cliffhanger of today could very well be resolved in two months instead next week, but I can't remember him doing drastic scenary changes during the endgame encounters of big arcs.

    Unless we assume the Beast Pirates will be dealt with within the next 10 chapters. Which... is actually an option?
    That's an option, huh?
    Guess we'll see how this theoretical option plays out within 10 chapters.
    See you then.

    - Yours with love, The World's Strongest Creature
    Next prediction: "Enies" has more to it than meets the eye
    My proudest prediction: Predicted Imu before he showed up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7BkabF31ak


  15. #35

    Default Re: One Piece chapter 1,000 official countdown on Twitter!!

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Considering it is counting down the Strawhats, could be nakama declaration
    Aren't you forgetting Luffy ?

  16. #36

    Default Re: One Piece chapter 1,000 official countdown on Twitter!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Aren't you forgetting Luffy ?
    Luffy will be "1" in the countdown just after chapter 999 is released... so it would still lead neatly to a nakama declaration on chapter 1000.

    But I doubt that's the case.

  17. #37
    Arf. (ᵔᴥᵔ) FelRes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SoCal

    Default Re: One Piece chapter 1,000 official countdown on Twitter!!

    *countdown skips a Straw Hat*
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

  18. #38
    Your long-lost brother Jabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    (ಥ ͜ʖ ಥ)

    Default Re: One Piece chapter 1,000 official countdown on Twitter!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    That's an option, huh?
    Guess we'll see how this theoretical option plays out within 10 chapters.
    See you then.

    Yeah, maybe a meteor drops on Onigashima or something.


  19. #39

    Default Re: One Piece chapter 1,000 official countdown on Twitter!!

    I hope for a big reveal regarding the world building

  20. #40
    Discovered Stowaway andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Mt. GOATmore

    Default Re: One Piece chapter 1,000 official countdown on Twitter!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Yeah, maybe a meteor drops on Onigashima or something.
    A meteor named Eneru?
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts