+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: One Piece chapter 1,000 official countdown on Twitter!!

Default Re: One Piece chapter 1,000 official countdown on Twitter!!

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    A meteor named Eneru?
    Maybe Issho coming to wano is what he meant
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    We will sooner or later learn what happened to the Warlords, but we are in the middle of the war right now. I just can't see Oda switching to other things during the climax of Wano.
    Yes, he bounces around a lot and the cliffhanger of today could very well be resolved in two months instead next week, but I can't remember him doing drastic scenary changes during the endgame encounters of big arcs.

Unless we assume the Beast Pirates will be dealt with within the next 10 chapters. Which... is actually an option?
    Iím sure there will be a pause between acts. And it will be after a cliffhanger to boot.
    Wothout it, the act structure makes no sense.

The real fights only start in act 4, thought. Until then, itís all buildup.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

I read somewhere that some believe there will only be a 3 act structure, how actual is that theory?

Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    I read somewhere that some believe there will only be a 3 act structure, how actual is that theory?
    I think it doesn’t make sense with the traditional 3-act structure. By it, the third act is shorter that the second, and includes the conclusion. It doesn’t feel like Wano is 80%+ done at this point.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    We will sooner or later learn what happened to the Warlords, but we are in the middle of the war right now. I just can't see Oda switching to other things during the climax of Wano.
    Yes, he bounces around a lot and the cliffhanger of today could very well be resolved in two months instead next week, but I can't remember him doing drastic scenary changes during the endgame encounters of big arcs.

Unless we assume the Beast Pirates will be dealt with within the next 10 chapters. Which... is actually an option?
    Well I can actually figure a break after a huge plot twist in middle of battle. I once supposed a raid from the mysterious SSG force, which could lead to an interlude where we'd just dig about it, revealing Vegapunk (while the whole Shichibukai and Hancock situation would be dealt with after Wano, bringing to the new arc).
    Prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    a team of allosaurus, spinosaurus, pterodactyl, branchiosaurus, triceratops and ankylosaurus, keeping the T-Rex one for King and megalodon for Queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    what if Rocks wanted to become the king of world... and he did i? Imu revealed to be Rocks could be a twist

Oda did say we'd have some update with Sabo, Vivi and Hancock in 2020, so I assume he was talking about Act 3/4 Intermission, since no way Wano would be over in 2020, even without a pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Aren't you forgetting Luffy ?
    990 Jinbe- 999 Luffy, 1000 new nakama

Or like many said, it could be the match-ups becoming obvious.
    Maybe looking too much into it but it should be Strawhat related if they are counting down the Strawhats.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post

Maybe looking too much into it but it should be Strawhat related if they are counting down the Strawhats.
    Nah, is not neccesary to give anyone else chepter 1000, since that's the one chapter the countdown is being done for.

And we're most likely already getting a gorgeous colorspread.

I'm hoping they do the "all authors do a pinup to celebrate a milestone" thing and we get some new pinups from the current crop of talent.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTnaig View Post
    Nothing will happen this is just false hype as usual

won't even hit 1k this year
    You don't believe we could get 10 more chapters this year? Oda would still be able to take 4 weeks off and have the Christmas break and it could still happen. True, it is not extremely likely, but I think it could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post

Or it is just convenient that there is currently 10 Strawhats.
    I think it is a bit too soon to have a new crew member. The real fights have not even started

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by RuNa View Post
    You don't believe we could get 10 more chapters this year? Oda would still be able to take 4 weeks off and have the Christmas break and it could still happen. True, it is not extremely likely, but I think it could happen.
    For me it would really suck if the chapter is released during the end of year festivities. Christmas is a family event that I cannot miss but nobody reads One Piece in my family

Well if something really happens, it's gotta be objetively undeniable.

Say, for example if Chopper awakens his fruit in 1000, don't expect me to believe that was it.

It's gotta be something that makes the chapter of Ultimate look like the most irrelevant chapter of the arc, it's gotta be huge, it's gotta be Endgame related.

We get 2 chapters a month, and sometimes if we are lucky its 3 chapters.

This means that the 10000th chapter will probably come after 4-5 months. So next year around End of Feb, right?
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Chapter 1000 means the 10th member confirmed.

Nice publicity stunt. Dunno if another member's joining when we hit 1000 though. It's probably meant as a celebration of OP and the crew, nothing more.

Lit the Fire of Shandora! will-of-R's Avatar

The likelihood that we’ll get 1000 Chapters this year is 50:50,
    whether it’ll come on Week 51 2020 or Week 1 2021.

Hopefully Oda wrap things up this year as a present before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by will-of-R View Post
    https://ibb.co/L1wNb2k

The likelihood that we’ll get 1000 Chapters this year is 50:50,
    whether it’ll come on Week 51 2020 or Week 1 2021.

Hopefully Oda wrap things up this year as a present before Christmas.
    If it happens in week 1, we still get it this year(ilegally)

I feel chapter 1,000 will be the first one of 2021, unfortunately.

Oda needs to take at most three breaks for it to be the last chapter of this year.

I might try that challenge. I can easily mute things on Twitter and go without my IG for some months. This place is the easiest because I know which threads to dodge. Reddit is like IG, have to totally avoid that place. The hardest part, like the Reverie some years back, will be Youtube. That is the hardest spot to stay off of. If I see something, i'll just give up. For the most part, I think I can do it (Oda sweat)

I want that chapter 1000 Scopper reveal.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information