+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 991: Let Us Die!!!

Default Chapter 991: Let Us Die!!!

It's out!

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1007660

Nine more for 1,000!
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Default Re: Chapter 991: Let us die!!!

Kaido continues to be the biggest disappointment there is. Chapter was great until the last spread where Kinemon somehow now can cut Kaido with every strike he makes.

If it is so easy to hurt him... how the heck did he survive those executions ? How did he become the strongest in the world ?

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Oda why you no name Apoo's fruittt

I was pretty interested in how the Sulong battle would play out. It's been hinted at for nearly 200 chapters, so obviously it would have been a waste to not be successful. But then again, I do kinda feel bad for Jack, he hasn't had the best showing in battles though it's moreso due to picking fights with really powerful forces rather than not living up to his own strength. Given that the fight was pretty much off-screened, and that Jack is looking to take off and recover, I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in action in Part 4, and if Inu and Neko are still in fighting condition we may hopefully get a cathartic final defeat of the Drought. Cause if the Minks' revenge has already been truly achieved, offscreen, that would be pretty disappointing.

I wonder if Oda gave Kin'emon the ability to cut through fire all the way back in Punk Hazard with the full intention of drawing the final scene in this chapter. Certain scenes in that arc indicate that he was planning on giving Kaido the Dragon DF.

It's interesting how much different Hatcha is from the other Numbers, namely him actually wearing clothes and not having the character for oni in his name. Seems like a bit too much not to be intentional, but who knows why that is.

Spoiler:

GORAM, this was a great chapter. Amazing action, great crew interaction from Zoro, Jinbei, and Franky trying to stop Luffy+Drake to Usopp speaking as if he were Nami. Nekomamushi and Inuarushi having beat Jack and looking like fucking BAMF's getting the rub from Kaido was great too. And then that ending, Kinemon cutting the fire. Just awesome. I'm wondering whether this will finally get us to Hybrid Kaido, or whether he'll keep blasting? I for sure can't wait until the next chapter!!
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Kin'emon is really pulling a Crocodile right now.

''That guy with the Straw-hat.''

Read the goddam newspaper Pay-Pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    ''That guy with the Straw-hat.''

Read the goddam newspaper Pay-Pay.
    20 year olds don't read newspapers. It's all about the Smart Tanishi.
    Last edited by King Cannon; September 27th, 2020 at 09:48 AM.

I liked the last chapter more, this one felt kind of short.
    Monster Cat and Dog vs Jack is what I wished to see the most, so I am a bit sad it was off-paneled, at least a slash animation, something, anything, come on...that asshole Apapapapapadude getting so much screen time honestly pisses me off.
    Getting 3 pages of the "manly trio" bickering with Drake/Luffy felt awkward.

I really love the Strawhats, but the Nami and Usopp vs Ulti and Pay Pay pairing seems like a big stretch to me, seeing as Luffy supposedly needed G4 to overpower Headbutt and a few days back Sanji couldn´t finish off Page One despite stating he would.

EDIT:
    After second and third read, this wasn´t that bad.
    Queen´s simply the best.
    Sea stone gatling gun from the balcony.
    The coolest baddest Beast Pirate, hands down.

Also Usopp impersonating Nami while hiding behind her was hilarious.
    Last edited by Nubtro; September 27th, 2020 at 10:07 AM.

This translation changes something regarding Drake and Zoro situation.
    Initially it was "hiding something from us" and now it is "where you stand".
    On the surface, it doesn't matter much but there is a distinctive difference in the sense that "hiding something" felt like it could be new information outside of what we already know (he's marine).
    but now with where you stand, it basically means this is already something we as readers already know.

Have a good day

Fighting Usopp and Nami must be an incredibly frustrating experience. I pity Paypay already.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Fighting Usopp and Nami must be an incredibly frustrating experience. I pity Paypay already.
    'Sopp and Nam will make those two hit each other. I just know it.

And it will be so glorious

This chapter reveals what is truly the most frightening force in all of the world of One Piece: being offscreen in Wano.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Really great chapter, Ulti and Pay Pay vs. Nami and Usopp makes too much sense.

I hoped to see the fight between Jack and the duo, but Oda dutifully off-paneled it. While it is clear that Jack is not down, scabarrds are going down now for sure.So, I guess that's the amount of revenge minks can get and SHs will do the rest.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Kin'emon is really pulling a Crocodile right now.
    Or rather he's pulling a Wyper

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    This chapter reveals what is truly the most frightening force in all of the world of One Piece: being offscreen in Wano.
    90% of Jack's fights

Man Kaidou is so sweet

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by Nubtro View Post
    I really love the Strawhats, but the Nami and Usopp vs Ulti and Pay Pay pairing seems like a big stretch to me, seeing as Luffy supposedly needed G4 to overpower Headbutt and a few days back Sanji couldn´t finish off Page One despite stating he would.
    No battle feat. Usopp and Nami is going to be decided by physical strength. Given that Page One and Ulti are the upstart kids of the Tobiroppo, it seems fitting for them to take on Usopp and Nami while the stronger Straw Hats take on bigger fish.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Nubtro View Post
    I liked the last chapter more, this one felt kind of short.
    Monster Cat and Dog vs Jack is what I wished to see the most, so I am a bit sad it was off-paneled, at least a slash animation, something, anything, come on...that asshole Apapapapapadude getting so much screen time honestly pisses me off.
    Getting 3 pages of the "manly trio" bickering with Drake/Luffy felt awkward.

EDIT:
    After second and third read, this wasn´t that bad.
    Queen´s simply the best.
    Sea stone gatling gun from the balcony.
    The coolest baddest Beast Pirate, hands down.

Also Usopp impersonating Nami while hiding behind her was hilarious.
    After Doublefinger und Kalifa were also extremely physically superior. One can judge how satisfying those fights were, nevertheless they did happen.
    And it´s obvious theme of this arc is "Pirate King´s crew", among others of course.

Doesn't make too much sense that Kinemon never thought before to use his Fox Fire on Kaido. Especially not after Punk Hazard and since it was expected by many readers. Sure, he's not the brightest but come on... "Finally I can show true power of Foxfire Style" would've been badass.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information