+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 992: Remnants

Default Re: Chapter 992: Remnants

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    Like what? A few examples would be nice.
    BTW, would be nice to get an answer this time, not like last time when you didn't reply any more.
    It's not like he gave them hundred times already... It's just you disagree with hil on this point.
    But then people shall stop complaining the discussion is looping if both sides are playing ping pong

The chapter was really nice both in storrytelling structure panelong and in visual.
    I wonder if Oda gave us this flashback because he realised a lot of his readers misjudge the scabbards strength. It's a pity he couldn't show us before so that it was a bit more natural

Also I wonder where Wanda comes from. Wasn't she with the other minks on the roof ?

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    This is wrong. The moment the eating disorder was introduced, it is pretty much implied it is a regular occurrence and everyone knows about it, itīs not something that was triggered by the Strawhats but regularly by something she craves in that moment.

See above, itīs not something that is far in-between, this was never implied, but everyone immediately knows how to act and gather what she needs immediately exactly because it happens so often.
    Top tier fights can be days long, Akainu vs Aokiji was 10 days, a little skirmish between Roger and Whitebeard was 3 days, while every time Big Mom is relevant on-screen she is throwing a fit.
    Put that together with the supposed Great Pirate era and the chaos that came with it, yep it lacks credibility.

She is the same natural monster, she does not have intelligence and the instincts though, Haki usage is irregular and so forth.
    How often you think she or these people was getting in top tier fight ?
    Even then it don't look like most of them end with the top tiers dying .

Chaos don't mean she would lose even with her hunger episodes or people have a way to take advantage of it .
    Like what effect does her hunger episodes have when she pregnant ( does she even have them then ) there to much unknown with what happen to her after she leave the rocks pirates 38 years ago.
    Like how many years have she just been on Totto Land and use political marriage to increase her power etc etc .
    Saying they was chaos on the seas don't tell you much for eg it been decades since she and Kaido meet and Kaido has been on wano for over 20 years .
    Did the former rock pirates leave each other alone mostly after they split up etc etc
    Last edited by andy; October 16th, 2020 at 10:53 AM.
    TLG , FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 2015 the E3 of dreams .

Quote Originally Posted by Sereques View Post
    Why was Marco in flame mode? Did he heal someone?
    Flexing and bluffing in front of a Yonkou?

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    "it is pretty much implied it is a regular occurance and everyone knows about it" - of course everyone knows about it since it's something that happens and they should act accordingly. However, being regular doesn't make it daily or weekly. Being regular can be monthly, semiannual or yearly. That's my point.

"See above, it's not something that is far in-between, this was never implied" - the contrary was not implied either. There is just not enough information and context to make a definitive assessment. One could even make it an argument that her children were not ready enough when the first episode happened in WCI, since Moscato basically suicided himself while the other brothers were surprised that she was killing her own son... which could mean that it doesn't happen so often.

"every time Big Mom is relevant on-screen she is throwing a fit" - she didn't yet in Wano, unless you're counting the memory stuff, which is completely unrelated. Did Big Mom even have a hunger pang since the wedding cake? She's in Onigashima for at least a week now and we haven't heard of her destroying Kaido's house. And, honestly, I don't think it'll happen again at all.

"She is the same natural monster, she does not have intelligence and the instincts though, haki usage is irregular and so forth" - Big Mom is not dumb. This is just a misconception based on her emotionally childish nature, but she knows her stuff, she knows how to play the big game, she's manipulative and even cunning. As a combatent, she's not just a natural freak. She has mastered attacks that need technique (Ikoku Sovereingty, for instance), she has mastered her devil fruit ability, and she knows how to use Haki (even if we don't know how much of it is relevant for her fighting style).

Quote Originally Posted by Sereques View Post
    Why was Marco in flame mode? Did he heal someone? Hope he didn’t heal BM.
    he probably just landed after picking perospero at sea, so he ws in hybrid form until recently

This chapter completely won me over with the art and Marineford-style back to back double spreads.

I've never felt a battle be this grandiose in One Piece, even against Oars.

Still would've preferred the Scabbards didn't get that final hit in, but it's: 1. just reopening an old wound, 2. Kaido isn't screaming in pain or anything.

*smokes cig* Now things get really interesting. Both for the manga itself and the forum.

- Yours with love, The World's Strongest Creature
    Next prediction: "Enies" has more to it than meets the eye
    My proudest prediction: Predicted Imu before he showed up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7BkabF31ak

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Scabbards are not going down, luffy can have the next arcs, this battle is all them.
    while i'm conscious that i'm at the will of a single man, the chances of this happening are zero

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Whitebeard Commander = Izo = Oden Scabbard

So does Oden Scabbard = Whitebeard Commander ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what he’s lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Whitebeard Commander = Izo = Oden Scabbard

So does Oden Scabbard = Whitebeard Commander ?
    Probably. Ryuuou's the gamechanger now, and the Scabbards both have that, and are just naturally strong and have counters.

Unrelated but keep in mind the admirals have Ryuuou, everyone.

(Ryuuou meaning Projection Haki, or Super-Advanced Armament Haki)

How is nobody talking about the fact that the color spread confirms Jinbe's too big to fit through doors?

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    It's not like he gave them hundred times already... It's just you disagree with hil on this point.
    Sorry, I can't read every single post, I really don't know what he means.
    If he did, it shouldn't be a problem to give me link or something.

That was the second time I asked him to show me what he meant, and both times he ignored me.

And why exactly are you butting in?

"There will be an answer, let it be."

That was an incredebly fun chapter. One that could make a very cool sequence animated.

It's still weird to see Kinemon be that strong considering how average he was until then but it is entertaining. Inu Sulong design look good. Neko's is pretty eh.

Really from the one where Big Maria start playing to Kawamatsu attack it's pure beauty. The Kappa look very good in that one panel with the moon behind them. And I like all the scabbards at each other side in running position. I know some want the fight to over already but I'm quite enjoying it and not in any hurry. This is the fight I want. A bigger badder foe slowy getting chipped away by the a group working in tandem. It's why the oars fight was fun to me. Of course I expect Luffy will come to ruin the party like back then but I'm enjoying it for now.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    How is nobody talking about the fact that the color spread confirms Jinbe's too big to fit through doors?
    That whale boi is THICC

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

if the Big Mom Pirates are a family and have lived together for years, it just makes sense that they know how to deal with Linlin's hunger pangs. It says nothing on the periodicity of it.

And while we don't get her to be inteligent, as in witty, we've seen that she has a domain, has a great stablished network to gather intel, is cunning and is one of the top 4 pirates of the world...it'd say that she isn't exactly dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by puffing.cinema View Post
    if the Big Mom Pirates are a family and have lived together for years, it just makes sense that they know how to deal with Linlin's hunger pangs. It says nothing on the periodicity of it.

And while we don't get her to be inteligent, as in witty, we've seen that she has a domain, has a great stablished network to gather intel, is cunning and is one of the top 4 pirates of the world...it'd say that she isn't exactly dumb.
    I'd say she posses something more akin to an animalistic cunning.

Wow, the art in this chapter was phenomenal. While I think we're getting closer to Kaido turning the tides and messing up the Scabbards, it was so satisfying seeing each of them use their abilities against him back to back like that, especially with so many large-scale attacks. The scale of the battle has really been impressing me, and I wouldn't mind if it goes on just a bit longer if Oda can keep it up - though with them landing the same attack in the same place against Kaido as Oden did, I feel like it's only going downhill for the Scabbards now.
    Thanks to PirateNeko for the avatar!

Stephen's translation of the penultimate doublepage reads awkwardly to me in that dialogue between Oden and Toki. Is it only me?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I'd say she posses something more akin to an animalistic cunning.
    I would say it's more than that .
    This is a woman who has been doing political marriages for years , had child to get close to getting the OP .
    Looks to be doing blackmail , have her children in places of power ( smart or not depending on what you think about family )
    There other aspect but when she not fighting like a boar lol it has been show she had a good idea of how to do things and play the long game.
    TLG , FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 2015 the E3 of dreams .

Amazing chapter. I have not seen Big Mom speak to another person like she did to Marco now. May be to King when she wanted to recruit him. Now Marco's hype only increases !! Shanks tried to recruit him, Big Mom looks like respects him for his skills. Can't wait to see him in action.

Lol at Maria playing a song when a battle is going on the roof. That panel with all 9 scabbards side by side going against Kaido gave me chills. Amazing panel. They are throwing everything at him, even his own power but Kaido is shrugging everything off. So looks like they learned flowing haki from Oden, that flashback was hilarious. Final panel was amazing. Kaido's eyes going white like it did against Oden. This feels like the scabbard's best effort and Kaido will shrug it off and come back. May be by the time Luffy goes to the top, scabbards would have already fallen and he would fly to onigashima and that finishes this act?

If the strongest scabbards, who can toe to toe with YCs and according to Kaido don't compare to Oden and Oden was still inferior to Roger and WB, a long road is ahead of Luffy. WB and Roger are monster among monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    But then people shall stop complaining the discussion is looping if both sides are playing ping pong

The chapter was really nice both in storrytelling structure panelong and in visual.
    I wonder if Oda gave us this flashback because he realised a lot of his readers misjudge the scabbards strength. It's a pity he couldn't show us before so that it was a bit more natural

Also I wonder where Wanda comes from. Wasn't she with the other minks on the roof ?
    We haven't seen Wanda since the Strawhats hugged Jinbe.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information