+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 992: Remnants

Default Re: Chapter 992: Remnants

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    He can use CoO, but as we've seen many times in the series, that doesn't let you dodge everything. We can only really assume, we never saw the fight with Law and Kin'emon. But using the method I said with Law before, even if Kin'emon saw it in advance, it wouldn't matter, all Law would have to do is make a Room so big Kin'emon can't run out of it, then teleport him with the rock with Kin'emon facing backwards. He can both rotate and teleport objects so this isn't unreasonable.
    That doesn't mean that he should have lost so easily. Nor everything else I've stated about him.

My reasoning for why it's *not* the fall damage is because Oda cut away to Big Mom. If he didn't, I'd agree that it's fall damage. Also you never addressed that the Scabbards could just use Haki to block their fall damage. I think he's not using it because, to me, it seems like Kaido enjoys a good fight. I always took 923 as Kaido letting Luffy hit him to see if he'd be a worthy challenge, you may have a different interpretation.
    Oda might have cut away to BM but all we saw after that was Kaido getting up on his knees and the scabbards ready to battle again. Can't be anything else really.

Good fight or not that doesn't explain Kaido forgetting how to use Haki.

I have a shift in an hour, gotta head out. I can reply more but it'll be much slower. If there's anything on this post I'd like you to respond to, it's this: how do you think the fight between Kaido and the Scabbards will play out in the next scenes that feature them?
    How do I think it will play out ? Obviously Kaido can't lose now because no other member of his crew has lost outside of Jack. But he'll not beat them in a convincing way. Either he'll get help or something else will happen to stop the fight. Kaido ain't beating them, they are stronger than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    I mean he did announce that he will keep nuking them with Bolo Breaths until they submit, but after having one breath nullified and the other caught, WRAPPED AROUND HIM and then returned it's kind of hilarious that he charges yet another one haha.
    This is why i want him out of that form it boring but it's like he won't feel good until he hit them with it lol.
    Is he still looking down on them or he just don't care what ever it is we have seen enough Bolo Breaths .
    Mind you it was the same with luffy but at least he was not holding damage then .
    TLG , FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 2015 the E3 of dreams .

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    That doesn't mean that he should have lost so easily. Nor everything else I've stated about him.

Oda might have cut away to BM but all we saw after that was Kaido getting up on his knees and the scabbards ready to battle again. Can't be anything else really.

Good fight or not that doesn't explain Kaido forgetting how to use Haki.

How do I think it will play out ? Obviously Kaido can't lose now because no other member of his crew has lost outside of Jack. But he'll not beat them in a convincing way. Either he'll get help or something else will happen to stop the fight. Kaido ain't beating them, they are stronger than him.
    Kaido isn't forgetting how to use it, he's deliberately holding back from using it.

Thanks for telling me. I'll consider that your definitive quote for future chapters.

- Yours with love, The World's Strongest Creature
    Next prediction: "Enies" has more to it than meets the eye
    My proudest prediction: Predicted Imu before he showed up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7BkabF31ak

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post

We don't even know what WSC exactly means.
    Marco called Kaido an Ogre, so the title WSC isn't referred to him being the strongest in the world, that was WB.
    So, Ogre > Humans, Giants, Fish-Men, Minks and what not. Like Fish-Men are ten times stronger than humans. Ogre are stronger than any other race.
    Could be something like that.
    Not it's not something like that. WSC is about Kaido not about his race. He was introduced as "Kaido is a part of the strongest race in the world" He was introduced as "1v1 always bet on him. Land, sea and air, out of every living thing, this pirate is the strongest creature" Its outright a title only for him.

Nothing of that changed. He's just more laid back than you expected, and that's why you're disappointed, because Oda couldn't match your head canon.
    Can you stop with the head canons ? Kaido was supposed to be vicious and a killer. Instead he can't even fight properly.

Yeah, after time travel, escape from Wano into a world he knew nothing about and against an opponent with overpowered powers.
    Didn't Brook say that he was strong after he fought his torso? I'm not sure.
    Yes because Brook is a really great benchmark. Wow I never thought of that.

He was introduced as a Ninja, and that's what he's good at. Raw strength, no chance, but with his technique, no problem.
    Can you guys stop making OP look like a manga where there are numerous tactics behind the fights ? The one who hits stronger wins. That's how it has always been.

She wasn't really afraid, she just didn't know what to do. She wasn't portrait as weak either. Zoro even commented on her strength, If I remember correctly.
    Zoro said she can defend herself from some mooks. Not that she can hurt Kaido or that she was someone extremely strong.

Says who? Because he was the 16th commander? Nonsense.
    Yes Izo was on par with Roger's son, the guy who got invited to be a shichibukai, the 550 million pirate, the guy who fought Teach... Makes sense.

Well they did wipe the floor with Jack...
    Because of boosted strength and teaming up against him. Not to mention Jack was fighting their entire army prior. Jack again is a nobody compared to Kaido.

Right, strong...
    Katakuri is strong too.. Stronger even.. Luffy's who's on par got destroyed in a single shot by Kaido.

He's not getting wrecked, he's just warming up, but you only see what you want to see.
    They are not weak. Sure, weaker than Kaido, but not weak.
    Can you stop with the warming up stuff ? Kaido is trying to hit them and he simply can't even deal a shred of damage. The scabbards instead hurt him with every move they make like it's nothing.

They are able to hurt him because they are going all out, that's their maximum, there is not much left. That's nothing for Kaido.
    They are ready to die, they have nothing to lose, they do everything for Oden, because they loved him.
    Those emotions are the reason for their short success.
    You don't seem to understand it.
    That's nothing for Kaido based on what ? Him bleeding or his eyes going white from the scabbards strike ?

Can you stop with the warming up stuff ? Kaido is trying to hit them and he simply can't even deal a shred of damage. The scabbards instead hurt him with every move they make like it's nothing.
    You do know that is not true right ?
    Like in this very chapter he just throw\hit Kawamatsu right threw a small mountain .
    Unless you think he not going to hold any damage from that .

Side note i wonder where he going to pop back up next chapter lol .

On the topic of Kaido hype:

I'm right there with people who want Kaido to live to his full potential. Before Kaido showed up, post-timeskip One Piece was just a 7/10 to me (not including pre-timeskip) with some 9/10 moments. Kaido immediately bumped it up to an 8/10 for me, just the fact that a character that badass and intimidating even exists in One Piece and has to be defeated by the protagonists.

Kaido's entrance instantly and completely revitalized my enthusiasm for the series, and I remember it happening with a lot of people. Weekly, back then through the weekly grind, it was hard to realize the highest level opponent we defeated from FI - Dressrosa was still, at the end of the day, a Shichibukai. A higher end Shichibukai, to be sure. But still one nonetheless. I'm aware Mihawk and Weevil exist.

Kaido dropping in after all Luffy went through in Dressrosa was a reminder they really have been playing little pirate games this entire time. Titles do mean a lot in One Piece, and Yonkou are near the ceiling of strength, influence, and armada power in the series. Oda was quoted at some point saying the Shichibukai were a "neat idea" he came up with after the Yonkou. I'm glad he included them, they serve to further highlight just how strong Yonkou are.

So believe me, I can understand why some people don't want 9ish Yonkou Commander level characters to be able to damage one. We've seen a Yonkou thrash a Yonkou Commander on more than one occasion, but if NINE can't do anything, what f*cking hope do the Straw Hats have? Again, as I said in the spoiler thread, I could've done without that last attack, I was actually very pissed. But I'm not under any illusion as to where this is headed.

- Yours with love, The World's Strongest Creature
    Next prediction: "Enies" has more to it than meets the eye
    My proudest prediction: Predicted Imu before he showed up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7BkabF31ak

Can you guys stop making OP look like a manga where there are numerous tactics behind the fights ? The one who hits stronger wins. That's how it has always been
    Luffy versus Croc had the water to by pass his logia, gomu no baka against Enels mantra, literally every single Usopp and Nami fight, most Doffy fights, Sanji versus Wanze, Franky versus that sea weasel guy, Nami and Luffy versus Cracker. Just some battles of the top of my head where clever use of technique and tactics played a part.

Thread ends up the same way every single chapter lol...

Quote Originally Posted by badwolf1234 View Post
    They just went with SCROLLING JUTSU?! URGH! I REALLY HATE OFFICIAL ENGLISH TRANSLATIONS! Now westerners think it is just a simple ninjutsu when in japanese Oda reference it as a Devil Fruit when he calls it Maki Maki no Jutsu.
    Well that would be consistent with what the official release has done for both Kinemon and Shinobu's techniques, so nothing new there really.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Luffy versus Croc had the water to by pass his logia, gomu no baka against Enels mantra, literally every single Usopp and Nami fight, most Doffy fights, Sanji versus Wanze, Franky versus that sea weasel guy, Nami and Luffy versus Cracker. Just some battles of the top of my head where clever use of technique and tactics played a part.
    Yep.
    Plus with this being a team up you see even more of it .
    SH vs Oars , Law and Luffy v Don , Ussop and chopper vs Mr4 and Miss Mery .
    Smoker Trying to get back Law heart , stalling ID warden .
    OP always all types of fights in many ways .

Can you guys stop making OP look like a manga where there are numerous tactics behind the fights ? The one who hits stronger wins. That's how it has always been.
    Uh, no. I'm pretty sure that idea was destroyed when Luffy was introduced as a guy who uses creative rubber moves to beat physically stronger enemies, back in East Blue.

Of course strength matters in OP, but tactics is HUGE factor. Crocodile, Cracker, Mr. 3, Oars, all enemies that involved large amounts of tactics to beat. We even have stuff like tactics being used to stall Magellan, or people like Foxy almost beating a stronger Luffy with tactics alone.

Discovered Stowaway

It's going to be hilarious when Kaido is near death from the scabbards and needs to get rescued by Big Mom and all the people who said Kaido was going to demolish them is suddenly going to be like "Oh I always knew he wasn't going to beat them I was just joking when I said that lul"

Oh man how could i have forgotten Foxy. He and Moria are poster children for that kind of trickster you can't just punch really hard in the face

I agree that Kinemon is portrayed a lot stronger than before. Not so much in the cutting the breath which is just a particular skill but that he seems to be consistently lined up with the minks and Ashura as among their heavy hitter in terms of raw power. Which is jarring but not unpleasant.

At least Moria seemed more or less on Luffy's level. Foxy was straight up "who cares if you are stronger, I have a broken DF, NORO NORO BEEEEEAM"

Where did most of them get a 2nd sword from? From what I remember, Kinemon always had a single sword or am I mistaken? Hmmm
    One Piece ,\/,,

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy D. Clown View Post
    Where did most of them get a 2nd sword from? From what I remember, Kinemon always had a single sword or am I mistaken? Hmmm
    Samurai usually carry two swords per default.

Even if they practice a one sword style

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Didn't see Law getting a strength boost when he got focused on Doflamingo. He actually lost an arm because Doflamingo severely outclassed him.
    Law did more to Doflamingo than the Scabbards have done to Kaido so far. As far as I know Kaido's insides haven't been turned into mush. Though I guess it's not much of an argument for someone who earnestly believes Kaido is destined to be done in by the Scabbards.

Spoiler:

Honestly, looking at the penultimate page of the chapter, Kaido doesn't seem very hurt at all. Yes he's getting cut, but chances are there is no damage to vital organs, and blood loss is negligible since he's a freaking giant monster. We still don't know technically if the last page did much more damage, but it probably didn't.

The scabbards are being drawn to be more bruised and tired than Kaido, actually.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Law did more to Doflamingo than the Scabbards have done to Kaido so far. As far as I know Kaido's insides haven't been turned into mush. Though I guess it's not much of an argument for someone who earnestly believes Kaido is destined to be done in by the Scabbards.
    That's exactly what is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy D. Clown View Post
    Kinnemon always had a nitoryuu style

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information