+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 957: "Big News! An Incident Concerning the Seven Warlords of the Sea"

Default 957: "Big News! An Incident Concerning the Seven Warlords of the Sea"

...and when he's not on screen everyone should be asking "Where's Sabo?"

Title: "Big News! An Incident Concerning the Seven Warlords of the Sea"
    Chapters Covered: 956
    Episode Director: Megumi Ishitani (*****)
    Animation Director: Eisaku Inoue (***1/2) + Hirotaka Ito (***1/2)
    Time: 7:30PM EST
    Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece

Ishitani is one of Toei's rising stars. I've already mentioned her role in directing Dragon Ball Super's finale, but you should also check out her short film Jurassic. It's good stuff.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Default Re: 957: "Big News! An Incident Concerning the Seven Warlords of the Sea"

Oh shit, next week is the big one, isn't it?

Default Re: 957: "Big News! An Incident Concerning the Seven Warlords of the Sea"

This episode and the next one are gonna be amazing. First time in over a year that I look forward to the anime.

An Incident That Will Affect the Seven Warlords

One Piece Episode 958 Preview

Last edited by thaihoa91; January 9th, 2021 at 06:18 PM.

Im at a loss for words right now. Incredible episode. It surprased my expectations and they were pretty much impossibly high. And we're gonna get more Ishitani in the future? Bruh

Amazing episode it felt like a movie. Well done

This was a great episode. The animation for the entire episode was amazing. I like that the anime expanded the stuff about each of the current Warlords finding out about the disbanding of the Warlord system. Also I like the animation that was used during the part when recap everything about the Warlords did in the series so far.

Mika Doi has grown so old... but it helps Koby sound way manlier so its fine

Is this the first time ever the English words "Seven Warlords of The Sea" actually being used in the anime?

God, I was so sad when this episode ended.

Did Morgans knock out the government agent in the manga, too? I could've sworn Morgans shot him originally.

No he punched him.

But yea, I've been quietly enjoying the anime, but I had to come in and post about how incredible this particular one was lol, masterclass stuff

So it looks to me like wg tried to cover up the death of cobra and ancient weapon info, and bb found out from the papers and the ancient weapon is what he doesn't want to fall in marines hand. Sabo is captured and wg announced his execution, like ace. Ace clone all the way?

That was the best episode in a very long time.

The pacing was perfect, the animation was among the best in the series, and even the little bits of recap filler were cool because we got to see new animation of the former Shichibukai.

Shout out to the opening. That was the best "in this episode" clip sequence so far for Dreamin' On.
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    That was the best episode in a very long time.

The pacing was perfect, the animation was among the best in the series, and even the little bits of recap filler were cool because we got to see new animation of the former Shichibukai.
    Yeah it was fine as only shichibukai that already lost their title were the focus and the art looked gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolutionaryOfThe6Paths View Post
    Im at a loss for words right now. Incredible episode. It surprased my expectations and they were pretty much impossibly high. And we're gonna get more Ishitani in the future? Bruh
    Wait, is this confirmed?

That was a fantastically well made episode of One Piece.

Wow.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

this brought a big smile to my face, what an outstanding episode that was

That felt movie quality. Amazing episode. One of those I archive and come back to. Sooooo amazing.

Such an awesome episode! It's a bit of shame we gets this top quality only for interlude episodes (but yeah, I can say the Wano arc so far didn't need more than the already hq it got), but I hope we'll get more and more while we get into the massive part of the saga. I loved the Warlords showdown, we need more recap episodes just for sake of see updated scenes.
    Prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    what if Rocks wanted to become the king of world... and he did i? Imu revealed to be Rocks could be a twist

Discovered Stowaway Galleon Panthera's Avatar

This Episode was pretty great. Great animation as well. Easily movie quality!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information