+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost media search for the og Skypiea Cartoon Network episodes (Need Eps 169-195)

Default Lost media search for the og Skypiea Cartoon Network episodes (Need Eps 169-195)

EDIT: 25 OF THE 52 EPISODES WERE FOUND!! (thanks to our buddy Shift, you rock ).

Check them out in all their Zolo, toothpickin', Loftrian glory here: https://mega.nz/folder/toJjiaSZ#08kNGUSxIWwg2jxC9rdvdA

Our goal now is to get those last 27 episodes that aired exclusively on Cartoon Network Australia (that is, episodes 169-195 or 130-156 by way of edited episode count, see here for reference https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/FUNimation/Release_Dub).

Also, the encodes we have for episodes 144-146 (105-107 edited) & 148 (109) are of lower quality (only 320x240 and/or a little grainy), so if we can get higher resolution ones to match the other episodes, that would be the cherry on the cake!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright y'all, I'm on an epic search for something that seems to be even more elusive than the One Piece itself... The Skypiea episodes recorded off Cartoon Network from back in the day. I've searched high, I've searched low. They were once all online, but they have all since vanished into thin air (minus two eps that I found buried in the depths of my hard drive). I know I brought this up briefly in the DVD thread, but here's hoping this gets more attention. Appreciate any and all leads you have to get these bad boys out of the lost media pile! Bonus points if you also have anything on the episodes that were recorded off CN Australia!!

What's been found so far:

144 Caught Log! The King of Salvagers, Masira! FOUND (In better resolution, but low quality)
    145 Monsters Appear! Don't Mess with the Whitebeard Pirates! FOUND (But low quality)
    146 Quit Dreaming! Mock Town, the Town of Ridicule! FOUND (In better resolution, but still lower quality )
    147 Distinguished Pirates! A Man Who Talks of Dreams and the King of Undersea Search! FOUND
    148 Legendary Family! Noland the Liar! FOUND (But low quality)
    149 Steer for the Clouds! Capture the South Bird! FOUND
    150 Dreams Don't Come True! Bellamy vs. the Saruyama Alliance FOUND
    151 100 Million Man! World's Greatest Power and Pirate Blackbeard FOUND
    152 Take To The Sky! Ride The Knock-Up Stream! FOUND
    153 Sail the White Sea! The Sky Knight and the Gate in the Clouds! FOUND
    154 Skypiea! The Clouds of Angel Beach FOUND
    155 The Forbidden Sacred Ground! The Island Where He Lives and Final Judgment! FOUND
    156 Already Criminals? Skypiea's Upholder of the Law! FOUND
    157 Is Escape Possible?!? Eneru's IQ Test is Set in Motion! FOUND
    158 A Trap on Lovely Street! His Highness Eneru FOUND
    159 Onward Crow! To the Sacrificial Altar! FOUND
    160 10% Survival Rate! Satori, the Mantora Master! FOUND
    161 The IQ Orb Test! Desperate Struggle in the Illusion Forest! FOUND
    162 Chopper in Danger! Former King vs. Skyrider Shura! FOUND
    163 Profound Mystery! IQ String Test or IQ Love Test?!? FOUND
    164 Light the Fire of Loftra! Wyler the Warrior! FOUND
    165 Jaya, City of Gold in the Sky! Head for the King's Throne! FOUND
    166 Festival on the Night Before Gold Hunting! Feelings for "Varse!” FOUND
    167 Enter King Eneru! Farewell to Survivors! FOUND
    The following episodes aired in Australia and New Zealand only.
    168 A Giant Snake Bares It's Fangs! The Survival Game Begins! FOUND
    169 The Deadly Reject! Warrior Wyler's Resolve NOT FOUND YET
    170 Fierce Mid-Air Battle! Pirate Zolo vs Warrior Braham! NOT FOUND YET
    171 The Roaring Burn Bazooka! Pirate Luffy vs. Warrior Wyler! NOT FOUND YET
    172 The IQ Swamp Test! Chopper vs. Gedatz! NOT FOUND YET
    173 Unbeatable Powers! Eneru's True Form Is Revealed! NOT FOUND YET
    174 A Mystical City! The Grand Ruins of Loftra! NOT FOUND YET
    The following episodes aired uncut, but were still aired in Australia and New Zealand only.
    175 0% Survival Rate! Chopper vs Ohm, the Sword Wielding Priest NOT FOUND YET
    176 Climb Giant Jack! Deadly Combat in the Upper Ruins NOT FOUND YET
    177 The Ordeal of Iron! White Barbed Death Match NOT FOUND YET
    178 Bursting Slash! Zoro vs. Ohm! NOT FOUND YET
    179 Collapsing Upper Ruins! The Quintet for the Finale! NOT FOUND YET
    180 Showdown in the Ancient Ruins! God Eneru's Goal! NOT FOUND YET
    181 Ambition Towards the Fairy Vearth! The Ark Maxim NOT FOUND YET
    182 They Finally Clash! Pirate Luffy vs. God Eneru! NOT FOUND YET
    183 Maxim Surfaces! Deathpiea is Activated NOT FOUND YET
    184 Luffy Falls! Eneru's Judgement & Nami's Desire! NOT FOUND YET
    185 The Two Awaken! On the Front Lines of the Burning Love Rescue! NOT FOUND YET
    186 Capriccio for Despair! Impending Doom of Sky Island NOT FOUND YET
    187 Led by a Bell's Sound! Tale of the Great Warrior & the Explorer NOT FOUND YET
    188 Free From the Spell! The Great Warrior Sheds Tears NOT FOUND YET
    189 Eternal Friends! The Vowed Bell Echoes Across Mighty Seas NOT FOUND YET
    190 Angel Island, Obliterated! The Horror of the Raigo's Advent NOT FOUND YET
    191 Knock over the Giant Jack! Last Hope for Escape NOT FOUND YET
    192 Miracle on Skypiea! The Love Song Heard in the Clouds NOT FOUND YET
    193 The Battle Ends! Proud Fantasia Echoes Far! NOT FOUND YET
    194 I Made it Here! The Yarn The Poneglyphs Spin NOT FOUND YET
    195 Off to the Blue Sea! A Heartfelt Finale NOT FOUND YET
    Last edited by wjbraden; April 4th, 2021 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Episodes found!

Default Re: Lost media search for the og Skypiea Cartoon Network episodes (Help!)

I have 2 or 3 of these, found them back in 2011 and yeah, they are nowhere to be found now. I also have clips that were on YouTube many years ago. Cool to see how much changed, not just for 4Kids names but there were some very large script changes.

Default Re: Lost media search for the og Skypiea Cartoon Network episodes (Help!)

Quote Originally Posted by Yui-senpai View Post
    I have 2 or 3 of these, found them back in 2011 and yeah, they are nowhere to be found now. I also have clips that were on YouTube many years ago. Cool to see how much changed, not just for 4Kids names but there were some very large script changes.
    Oh, which ones? I have "Quit Dreaming! Mock Town, the Town of Ridicule!" (ep #146/107 by edited ep. count) and "Distinguished Pirates! A Man Who Talks of Dreams and the King of Undersea Search!", ep #147/108 by edited ep. count). https://mega.nz/folder/ew83gaaY#c7YtpSRMQVUig1BqyTxeYQ

I was also recently given "Take to the Sky! Ride the Knockup Stream! (ep #152, 113 by edited ep. count). https://mega.nz/file/ikxj2STA#Ixg3XH...3ImZUrqBK-N1-Q

If the ones you have are different episodes and you still have the means to access them, would you mind uploading?

Thanks for the links.

It's a shame because I had a higher quality copy of #152/113 on an old hard drive that failed. The old clips that used to be easily found on Youtube (like the NEP for "Light the Fire of Loftra! Wyler the Warrior!", which used three 4Kids Skypiea terms in in the space of like five seconds) seem to have vanished too. I guess it just goes to show how important archival is, even in the internet age.

Quote Originally Posted by LostTimeLord View Post
    Thanks for the links.

It's a shame because I had a higher quality copy of #152/113 on an old hard drive that failed. The old clips that used to be easily found on Youtube (like the NEP for "Light the Fire of Loftra! Wyler the Warrior!", which used three 4Kids Skypiea terms in in the space of like five seconds) seem to have vanished too. I guess it just goes to show how important archival is, even in the internet age.
    I hear you, but something to consider. These rips were the only way to watch these episodes for several years until the DVDs finally got around to skypeia. So I doubt we're the only ones who saved them and might stuff have them sitting around somewhere. It's just a matter of tracking those individuals down...

I could be wrong but I vaguely remember the CN Aus Funi episodes leaving in certain bits of dialogue which were uncensored (light curse words), I think they were given the wrong batch of audio for short while.

Some lost media I'm on the lookout for:
    Any original broadcast episode airings of One piece pre episode 207.

One Piece Film 9 Cinema Teaser Trailer – When the film was shown at the end of Film 8 in theaters, after the credits a short teasing Franky in the next film. (The teaser was done similarly at the End of Movie 9 to tease Strong World as seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEk_bFrGXc4 )

One Piece Star Wars Crossover - Special One Piece message to be screened in theaters before Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Shown for a brief period at Toho cinemas before The Force Awakens. http://natalie.mu/comic/news/169292 http://www.onepiecepodcast.com/2015/...piece-footage/

Quote Originally Posted by wjbraden View Post
    Alright y'all, I'm on an epic search for something that seems to be even more elusive than the One Piece itself... The Skypiea episodes recorded off Cartoon Network from back in the day. I've searched high, I've searched low. They were once all online, but they have all since vanished into thin air (minus two eps that I found buried in the depths of my hard drive). I know I brought this up briefly in the DVD thread, but here's hoping this gets more attention. Appreciate any and all leads you have to get these bad boys out of the lost media pile! Bonus points if you also have anything on the episodes that were recorded off CN Australia!!

What's been found so far:

Ep #146/107 by edited ep. count "Quit Dreaming! Mock Town, the Town of Ridicule!"
    Ep #147/108 by edited ep. count "Distinguished Pirates! A Man Who Talks of Dreams and the King of Undersea Search!"
    Ep #152/113 by edited ep. count "Take to the Sky! Ride the Knockup Stream! (skip about 2 hours in)

https://mega.nz/folder/ew83gaaY#c7YtpSRMQVUig1BqyTxeYQ
    I have them all. I'll upload them sometime today.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    I have them all. I'll upload them sometime today.
    AWESOME!! Thank you so much dude!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    I could be wrong but I vaguely remember the CN Aus Funi episodes leaving in certain bits of dialogue which were uncensored (light curse words), I think they were given the wrong batch of audio for short while.
    From episode 175 on, they switched over to the uncut version and (if my recollection is correct, we'll see soon) only certain instances of dialogue were muted or haphazardly cut.

Some lost media I'm on the lookout for:
    Any original broadcast episode airings of One piece pre episode 207.

One Piece Film 9 Cinema Teaser Trailer – When the film was shown at the end of Film 8 in theaters, after the credits a short teasing Franky in the next film. (The teaser was done similarly at the End of Movie 9 to tease Strong World as seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEk_bFrGXc4 )

One Piece Star Wars Crossover - Special One Piece message to be screened in theaters before Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Shown for a brief period at Toho cinemas before The Force Awakens. http://natalie.mu/comic/news/169292 http://www.onepiecepodcast.com/2015/...piece-footage/
    Wish I could help you more with this. I've got a lot of foreign dub stuff I've been collecting (one of the reasons I'm doing this search actually), but nothing in the way of Japanese recordings.

Do you know who kei17 is over at the kanzenshuu forums? He knows a lot about Japanese broadcast stuff and has a lot of contacts. Maybe you could try to get in touch with him?

Annnnnnnd we're back, how we doin' y'all? Soooo, horrible time for the forums to go down, but I've got excellent news, 25 OF THE 52 EPISODES WERE FOUND!! (thanks to our buddy Shift, you rock ).

Check them out in all their Zolo, toothpickin', Loftrian glory here: https://mega.nz/folder/t3Z2XZTD#PzSWQIhHbqn-sacV591FJA

So now our goal is to get those last 27 episodes that aired exclusively on Cartoon Network Australia (that is, episodes 169-195 or 130-156 by way of edited episode count, see here for reference https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/FUNimation/Release_Dub).

Also, the encodes we have for episodes 144-146 (105-107 edited) & 148 (109) are of lower quality (only 320x240 and/or a little grainy), so if we can get higher resolution ones to match the other episodes, that would be the cherry on the cake!
    Last edited by wjbraden; February 9th, 2021 at 02:09 PM.

Welcome back! Big thanks to those who contributed, and protect these with your life!

Welcome back! Big thanks to those who contributed, and protect these with your life!
    Bro, I got a new external hard drive for the holidays and just got a backup for that, so I'm going to have these puppies in triplicate!
    Last edited by wjbraden; February 9th, 2021 at 02:09 PM.

Default Re: Lost media search for the og Skypiea Cartoon Network episodes (Need Eps 169-195)

I downloaded one episode of the edited funi dub and IM LOVING IT.

Default Re: Lost media search for the og Skypiea Cartoon Network episodes (Need Eps 169-195)

So after blinking out...again lol... looks like we're back! Not much new to report, however, I did recently find a better quality rip of ep 144/105 https://mega.nz/file/PtVx3ADA#jW9w-l...XE-mS5-RtRjCj8

Slowly but surely, slowly but surely...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    I downloaded one episode of the edited funi dub and IM LOVING IT.
    Glad you're loving it!

Look like the mega folder went down for some reason... Re-uploaded them in a new folder so we should be good to go!

BTW, still having no luck find eps 169(130)-195(156), so any leads anyone might have would be greatly appreciated

So after blinking out...again lol... looks like we're back! Not much new to report, however, I did recently find a better quality rip of ep 144/105 https://mega.nz/file/PtVx3ADA#jW9w-l...XE-mS5-RtRjCj8

Slowly but surely, slowly but surely...

Glad you're loving it!
    those were some good old memories
    Mono un Mono

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information