Page 5 of 281 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL 4Kids Dub Discussion Mk. II: Alabasta Disasta

Default Re: OFFICIAL 4Kids Dub Discussion Mk. II: Alabasta Disasta

Quote Originally Posted by Strange_One
    LOL at the image, Dragon Warrior. Oh, and your avatar is also awesome.

And BatDan... I told you before... I'm female XD
    Sorry Strange One, I keep forgetting that. I know Cosmic, Ginny, Carly and others are women but I keep forgetting about you. Sorry.
    And the Meek shall Inherit the Earth.

It's okay. I tend to have manly avatars.

And, personally, my favorite dub voices are Zoro and Robin. If it weren't for puns and acting over-dramatically, Zoro aould be great, and minus the southern accent (which COULD be worse, you all realize... "Howday y'all! Ahm Nee-ko Rawbiyn! Mah Bayroke Works kin-folk're gonna get yew!") Robin's VA is actually decent.

Bon Clay... you poor thing...

Quote Originally Posted by RomanGod
    Well... Most of the hate comes from the pointless as hell name changes...

The episode itself won't be that hard to make a comparison for... If that's what you mean... I mean... Not anymore than the regular episode anyways... Of course it's if you want to anyways...
    Naw, a comparison is a comparison, I don't really care. Just that, there's a new page of threads with angry posts every 15 mins and you know, I'm not really happy with the name changes either. I continue to think about how comfortable I am watching the Naruto dub just to pass the time vs. watching One Piece, my most favorite anime to watch.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Cinder, what is the address to your website? I'm having trouble locating it. :wacko:

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek
    Cinder, what is the address to your website? I'm having trouble locating it. :wacko:

http://opguide.bravehost.com/index.shtml

http://opguide.bravehost.com/

EDIT: Damn yous Katana!

I always find Cinder's site through Wikipedia. So if you don't favorite it then just you can find it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange_One
    It's okay. I tend to have manly avatars.

And, personally, my favorite dub voices are Zoro and Robin. If it weren't for puns and acting over-dramatically, Zoro aould be great, and minus the southern accent (which COULD be worse, you all realize... "Howday y'all! Ahm Nee-ko Rawbiyn! Mah Bayroke Works kin-folk're gonna get yew!") Robin's VA is actually decent.

Bon Clay... you poor thing...
    Must agree with you on Robin. It's not really hickish, more along the lines of elegant southern belle. Zoro ounds a tad too old, but is closer to the orignal I think. Usopp, Luffy, Sanji, and Nami are all horrible. Chopper's alright I suppose. All and all this episode could've been a whole lot worse. Now I'm praying that they won't make Luffy's blood against Crocodile a bottle of cranberry juice that Luffy spilled or something equally retarded.

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. All Sunday
    Must agree with you on Robin. It's not really hickish, more along the lines of elegant southern belle. Zoro ounds a tad too old, but is closer to the orignal I think. Usopp, Luffy, Sanji, and Nami are all horrible. Chopper's alright I suppose. All and all this episode could've been a whole lot worse. Now I'm praying that they won't make Luffy's blood against Crocodile a bottle of cranberry juice that Luffy spilled or something equally retarded.
    I'm still placing a bet that it's gonna become "sweat".

Well, I won't be seeing this episode for...a year, since that's about how long it'll take YTV to get this far, unlesss I watch it somewhere else. However, I could just cry. What horror. 4Kids only makes two character name changes in the whole series (Zolo and Chaser) and all of a sudden, BAM! We get hit with the worst of it. Trace...well, that's a word at least, but I dread to learn what they changed Portgas to. But Nobra? Nobra? NOBRA? That's absolutely terrible and ridiculous and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Though since he's a guy I guess he would be wearing "no bra"...heh, weak joke.

As for the rest...well, at least Mr. 3 and Ms "Aprilfoolsday" were included, despite it being a gaping hole in the plot. Meh, wouldn't be the first plothole 4Kids left...*sigh*

It's just... having the gall to show clips from Little Garden and having the characters know craploads about it (an island that doesn't even EXIST), having characters from it mentioned in Grand Battle and on the TCG (In TCG ads in Shonen Jump!) is so irritating. And it doesn't make sense.

Maybe Vivi will have her heartfelt nakama-x moment just outside of Little Garden (while Chopper is down with the flu).

And I thought Zoro hearing a nonexistent whale was bad...

Post Re: OFFICIAL 4Kids Dub Discussion Mk. II: Alabasta Disasta

Cobra= Nobra- Ha Ha Ha! "No Bra"!

Ace= Trace- That is the most retarded thing since Ms. Merry Christmas = Ms. Groundhog's Day!

I can't believe what I heard. Remember Kahn PROMISED us that there won't be any unecessary changes to the character names? Well he LIED! If this keeps up, I'm gonna' call 4Shame and ask them why they are doing this shameful act. Seems like Kahn lied on porpose just to tick us all off. >=(
    Last edited by Aoi Neko; February 11th, 2006 at 09:44 PM.

Wow, this hasn't has a post in a while.

So, anyone still want to make a bet on how long the Alabasta Disasta will last? I'm keeping it open until next Saturday.

On the moon. I'm neighbours with GRIFFIN.

So far from what I'm hearing, I feel like shouting every known curse word, and then some. I mean, Trace? Nobra??! PLOT HOLES?!?!?! These upcoming episodes might successfuly give me tourettes!
    SLAUGHTER. THE BEST MEDICINE!
    DUB PIECE DVDS OUT NOW!!
    i think pops racer is a pretty cool guy, eh kills nonjas and doesn't afraid of anything

Quote Originally Posted by Throes
    So far from what I'm hearing, I feel like shouting every known curse word, and then some. I mean, Trace? Nobra??! PLOT HOLES?!?!?! These upcoming episodes might successfuly give me tourettes!
    Correct.

While not the WORST dubbed episode yet, it's on my list as the most annoying... though I admit I haven't seen the dubbed Mihawk fight or the infamous "Fantastic Voyage".

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

People....

It's NEBRA!

The Mihawk dub isn't that bad but it looks like Mihawk is a jedi the way he pushes Zoro into the ocean by "wounding him"

Maybe 4Kids realized after the Kuro arc that this series is impossible to make for kids so they decide to try and cancel themselves by making the best arc horrifying. Plus, the plotholes.

Post Re: OFFICIAL 4Kids Dub Discussion Mk. II: Alabasta Disasta

Quote Originally Posted by TakinawaTonfa
    People....

It's NEBRA!
    Sounds like a cross between a newt and a zebra. :wacko:

Jeez, we've posted ten page already.:laugh:

Of course, they're going to change Ace's Swatstikka tattoo. Its a Nazi symbol!!!
    No disrespect torwards you or anyone, but I will state again.

YOU CANNOT COPYRIGHT A NAME.
    As I've stated before, they can. I know this because everytime someone is sued they call it a copyright infringement. But it doesn't matter, the bottom line is that if someone owns the rights to a name then no one else can use it or they'll be sued for royalties. That's the "most likely" reason Zoro was changed to Zolo. Cobra and Ace could fall under that category.

Quote Originally Posted by OP Man
    Jeez, we've posted ten page already.:laugh:
    What do you mean? We only have 5 pages. You must have set your CP to only include 10 posts her page.
    As I've stated before, they can. I know this because everytime someone is sued they call it a copyright infringement. But it doesn't matter, the bottom line is that if someone owns the rights to a name then no one else can use it or they'll be sued for royalties. That's the "most likely" reason Zoro was changed to Zolo. Cobra and Ace could fall under that category.
    Not Ace. There have been many people through cartoons and movies who were named Ace. No one holds the rights to that name.

Thread Information